Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting Chrome Profile

Options
  • 22-09-2019 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭

I've gone and done it and updated to Windows 10. I'm moving my crap across from the old HDD which included copying over the default chrome profile folder to the new installation. It's 1.2GB of tiny (slow) files and when I had eventually copied it and opened up chrome I saw that g00gle had decided to reset 'some' aspects of the profile and deleted all the passwords. I managed to import my passwords from the old installation but it got me thinking did I really need to import the complete default folder? What would I have lost if I just brought my passwords and bookmarks across?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you had a google account and logged into chrome with it, it would have synced everything.

Advertisement