Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FireTV - what's the point of it?

• 22-09-2019 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I have a smart TV from which I can access youtube, Netflix etc.

I just don't understand the point of a fire stick or fire TV, if you don't have a personal media collection?

Am I missing some popular features that people in Ireland can use?

Comments

for people who don't have a decent smart tv layout

for amazon content

for android gaming on tv

apps can be sideloaded onto it

Alexa built-in may be useful for some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Your smart TV might not have all the apps people want. I assume you're also limited to the apps that the TV manufacturer allows onto it?

I don't like Amazon's ecosystem myself but that's a personal preference. I started out with Chromecast and moved on to a good Android box. Because of that, I didn't even look at smart TVs when I was shopping for a television.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

True on point of being more flexible than a TV, but I can't get the latest rte player on either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It works fine for me. And last time I was in my parents' house (a few weeks ago), I cast something from the RTE Player to their TV which has a Chromecast plugged into the back. But nothing would surprise me any more about the RTE Player. The only thing that definitely works on it are the ads

Advertisement