Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord Bia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭older by the day

I was 5 minutes early for the appointed time, but l hadn't factored in that he might arrive even earlier! So the sight of him swaying in my mothers rocking chair by the range took me by surprise and brought a smile to my face
    You,d want to watch the mother on them auditor feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

Bullocks wrote: »
    Cattlepen wrote: »
    wrangler wrote: »
    Muckit wrote: »
    Bord Bia Audit passed.  I reappraised my stance on auditors as l posted previously.  I was angry l suppose at the time.  My "beef" is with the system l thought, not the ordinary man on the ground.  So why would l vent my frustration at a fellow parttime farmer like myself out to earn a crust?

So l checked my attitude and got my business in order.  

My mother, although no longer involved in the farm but still geographically living beside it, became an unplanned part of the welcoming committee.  The auditor,  weliies at the door, was already sitting in her kitchen drinking tea and eating homemade cake by the time l came from work and arrived at the yard!!

I was 5 minutes early for the appointed time, but l hadn't factored in that he might arrive even earlier!  So the sight of him swaying in my mothers rocking chair by the range took me by surprise and brought a smile to my face!

Joking about how things had played out, we made our way towards the door and got about our business, walking out the yard and then on to see the stock.  

After some questions and final bit of paperwork, l was handed my papers.  All passed.  Job done.

Its not difficult to pass,

Sorry wrangler but BB is a joke . I used to get a near perfect score in audit. 99% actually and that 1% was through auditor error because his palm top computer would not allow him to go back to correct mistakes. I put up with this till a little butty  f***er from north Meath came in to audit and had a Cobb on him from the moment he arrived. Made personal remarks such as I must be a builder as a farmer couldn’t afford to have a farm looking this well. I thought I could humour the little ****e and he wasted three hours of my time and then failed me. He even put in extra issues that were non existent such as plastic wrap around the farm yard. I have a skip I the yard 24/7 ????? No plastic blowin around. He got giddy when challenged also. It finished me with what was a near perfect score with QA since it’s inception. **** that. Dept might have stripes to make little of me if that is their mood but not a jumped up little ****e full of attitude. Flipping quango
    Did you or could you appeal ?

I could have appealed but I was just so sickened with the whole thing I let it go to hell and sold stick in the mart instead

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Aravo

Cattlepen wrote:
    I could have appealed but I was just so sickened with the whole thing I let it go to hell and sold stick in the mart instead

They tell u what you failed on, so remedy that and appeal. The appeal person may be the same person. Failed here a few years ago, right p***k to be honest. Appealed decision and low and behold same fella arrived for reinspection. I actually learned more from that upstart especially the medicines side of thing. No issues since and last 2 lads were grand. But in fairness it's all down to the records of the medicine and withdrawal period.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Passed the bord bia audit today. No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭older by the day

Passed the bord bia audit today. No bother.
    Depends on the auditor, some are legends in their own mind. I got a bit of hero coming in a couple of day, hopefully the storm won't carry him #

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Depends on the auditor, some are legends in their own mind. I got a bit of hero coming in a couple of day, hopefully the storm won't carry him #

A fella came here, in his late 20s. Farming at home with his old fella. Very relaxed lad. He was nearly 2 hours late, but we got sorted when arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Bord bia funding coming under the spotlight.

From Todays farming Indo. What have they to hide?????

"Bord Bia won't divulge figures on level of cash support from processors"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I read the article this morning, they claim that finding the figure would " cause a substantial and unreasonable interference with or disruption to bord bias work" . Seriously, can you imagine if a farmer got audited by the tax man, and they asked you for a breakdown of your income. How far would giving them that type of answer get you ? In this day and age, bird bia should have that info ready at the touch of a button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

tbh I'm kinda surprised, I thought they only operated on the money levied on us and money direct from gov

• Advertisement

In the era of good governance especially in this case a public body it is not acceptable. When you have a public body not willing to be transparent how can we expect any transparency from other stakeholders in the beef chain.

My Bord Bia QA is out in Oct 2020. Is it usually about 3months prior to this that people are getting the audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Aravo wrote: »
    My Bord Bia QA is out in Oct 2020. Is it usually about 3months prior to this that people are getting the audit.

Inspections are roughly about 3 months beforehand but the inspection date can be discussed with the inspector. Once passed your certification will run for 18 months from October 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

PAC time for this quango. Every detail of their work and finances should be 100% transparent. Something going on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

In the era of good governance especially in this case a public body it is not acceptable. When you have a public body not willing to be transparent how can we expect any transparency from other stakeholders in the beef chain.

Why would anyone allow transparency of how they run their business, some factories don't even allow you take photographs.
    Time for a reality check methinks.
    As for Bord Bia, they should be transparent bur if not they'll only be investigated by another Public service and the public money will be wasted and the public no further on.
    Another reality check needed.
    Hopefully the factories are pumping extra money in to Bord bia, it must be a huge saving on their marketing costs

Why would anyone allow transparency of how they run their business, some factories don't even allow you take photographs.
    As for Bord Bia, they should be transparent bur if not they'll only be investigated by another Public service and the public money will be wasted and the public no further on.
    Hopefully the factories are pumping extra money in to Bord bia, it must be a huge saving on their marketing costs

I'd say the factories see BB as their marketing department

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

ganmo wrote: »
    I'd say the factories see BB as their marketing department

and ours too

Bord Bia have committed to the following.
    "State bodies must serve the interests of the taxpayer, pursue value for money in their endeavours (including managing risk appropriately), and act transparently as public entities. Bord Bia is committed to maintaining the highest standards of Corporate Governance and Best Practice"

All the taxpayer should demand is adherence to this. When you get a state body not being transparent then you have an issue, what are they hiding? They just need to be pulled up on this, it is not acceptable to have a state body getting public money and not adhering to the standards expected of them(they aren't even adhering to what they set out for themselves). I certainly would pull them up in front of the Dáil Committee and ask the question, there can be no secrets within publicly funded bodies, end of. What goes unchecked festers.

Did anyone who had their bord bia audit due in late March and then postponed. Any recent contact from bord bia on what's happening. I think I'm out in Sept 2020 and usually have audit about 3mths before so under normal circumstances one would likely crop up next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Did anyone who had their bord bia audit due in late March and then postponed. Any recent contact from bord bia on what's happening. I think I'm out in Sept 2020 and usually have audit about 3mths before so under normal circumstances one would likely crop up next month.
    Letter came yesterday they starting up again but it’s all over the phone , u must take photos of sheds , bales , waste plastic etc and forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

I am awaiting my first audit which will be a remote one. Have uploaded all the images all ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Gman1987

Did my one the other day over the phone, they give you a list of things they want photos of, you need to complete the sustainability survey and have your health and safety risk assessment completed. They will then go down through all on the phone. Relatively straight forward.

Gman1987 wrote: »
    Did my one the other day over the phone, they give you a list of things they want photos of, you need to complete the sustainability survey and have your health and safety risk assessment completed. They will then go down through all on the phone. Relatively straight forward.

What did you have to do in terms of animal remedies.

And if anyone is thinking of photographing there neighbours newly powerhosed slatted shed, or penning area it's likely that photographs will be checked for geotags etc.

And if anyone is thinking of photographing there neighbours newly powerhosed slatted shed, or penning area it's likely that photographs will be checked for geotags etc.

Doubt it. Most people have their locations switched off for camera.

I just got the call for the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

mine is up on the 14th june and all i got was a letter about a remote audit..i tried to upload the link given in the letter but an error comes up??

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Gman1987

A photo of your purchase records and a photo of your usage records is all I needed. I have them all on an excel file so I just sent a photo of that.

270WIN wrote: »
    mine is up on the 14th june and all i got was a letter about a remote audit..i tried to upload the link given in the letter but an error comes up??

The link is a pain. You prob have a tiny typo. Took me a while.

Gman1987 wrote: »
    A photo of your purchase records and a photo of your usage records is all I needed. I have them all on an excel file so I just sent a photo of that.

Plus a photo of where you store them.

893bet wrote: »
    Doubt it. Most people have their locations switched off for camera.

I just got the call for the morning!

As a matter of interest, when was your audit due

As a matter of interest, when was your audit due

First audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

If all the pages for Foodstuff Purchases are full in the book is it of to just print off a spreadsheet to keep the records

• Advertisement

First audit.

Pass at 94 percent. What is the pass percentage required?

Got letter in the last week about the bord bia audit. How is the remote audit compared with the site visit. Is there less to prepare compared with the site visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got letter in the last week about the bord bia audit. How is the remote audit compared with the site visit. Is there less to prepare compared with the site visit.

Found the remote audit alot easier .

Piece of piss. Give you a list of photos and you upload them, then discuss over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭hopeso

First audit.

How soon after applying did you get the first audit?

Piece of piss. Give you a list of photos and you upload them, then discuss over the phone.

As always animal remedy usage records will be the key doc.

hopeso wrote: »
    How soon after applying did you get the first audit?

Within the month if I recall.

As always animal remedy usage records will be the key doc.

He has an issue with mine as I err on the side of caution for withdrawal by adding a single day to every withdrawal period......to be safe.....took it off as it was easy to say yes sir. Overall fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What would he/she do on Organic where the withdrawal is twice or three times the standard? Just showing he/she did the job.
    I think someone posted that the online is valid for 12 months and the visit is valid for 18 months. Will sign up in a few months.

• Advertisement

I applied to become a member of Bord Bia SBLAS in order to qualify for the Beef Finisher Payment. The conditions state that you must commit to becoming a member of SBLAS prior to Sept. 30th. Does this mean that I must apply before Sept. 30th, or actually have passed an audit before that date? I got a call about my upcoming audit, but it won't happen until early October.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I applied to become a member of Bord Bia SBLAS in order to qualify for the Beef Finisher Payment. The conditions state that you must commit to becoming a member of SBLAS prior to Sept. 30th. Does this mean that I must apply before Sept. 30th, or actually have passed an audit before that date? I got a call about my upcoming audit, but it won't happen until early October.....

I would read commit to as apply

Slava Ukrainii

I see that I have to do an online bit and I have pin number to log in. Do I need any photographs for this. Also, have I to complete this questionnaire first and then I get a call. Or will I get a call from the inspector in the coming day's either way

Log in and you will get a list of what's required. You should have gotten a call from whoever is going to do your audit. You normally get 2 weeks notice and all information should be uploaded 72 hours before the phone inspection

What qualifies as eye wash in the first aid box? I had a quick look in tesco the other day, but all they seemed to have was small bottles with a sprayer on the top....Do I need to get the one with the eye bath, or do these even exist now?

I bought a first aid kit on line that had eyewash in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

What qualifies as eye wash in the first aid box? I had a quick look in tesco the other day, but all they seemed to have was small bottles with a sprayer on the top....Do I need to get the one with the eye bath, or do these even exist now?

https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/reliance-medical-saline-eyewash-pods-plastic-transparent-25-pieces-of-20-ml-p-1124422?cm_mmc=Google-_-PLA_GEN_GOOGLE-SHOPPING_cleaning_and_catering_GOSC-_-cleaning_and_catering-_-1124422&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqrb7BRDlARIsACwGad74tUbEoLRbAhTuiUzEvf_HR5W72wzBAi7orHIIJiLJuZIB2e3C1FYaAkSTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

These will do, any local chemist/pharmacy will have them. Check the expiry date on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭minerleague

ganmo wrote: »
    Optrex or own brand ones should be in your local chemist

Have an empty box of this in first aid box :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Bord bia cert is up in December ,will it be possible to do the inspection on farm with level 5 restrictions .Will the dept. of ag. still be able to do inspections or is all this essential

cute geoge wrote: »
    Bord bia cert is up in December ,will it be possible to do the inspection on farm with level 5 restrictions .Will the dept. of ag. still be able to do inspections or is all this essential

Audit will be an online one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement