Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate park for Kildare

• 22-09-2019 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

A new skate park has opened next to Woodies in Newbridge and it is almost always packed with kids of all ages. A similar one exists near the swimming pool in Naas, and is equally as popular.

Do we need one in Kildare town? The town is growing and I think that these amenities which facilitate children getting out and exercising without having to be involved in team sports absolutely brilliant.

What are the opinions of the people of Kildare on this, is this something that would be welcomed? I can only see positives to these types of parks being opened.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

I think such a facility might be part of the plans for Cherry Avenue park.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

That would be great. I'm glad now that I asked the question. You made my day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Try and lobby whoever is funding it to ensure there are bins and benches for the adults installed from the get go. It made for a poor start when opened in Newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Although my kids are not skaters I love seeing all the activity at the one in Naas. Older kids encouraging and teaching younger kids etc. I think it's an asset for any area. Not all children have the same interests and team sporting opportunities are plentiful. There is definitely high usage of the one in Naas and I would imagine Kildare Town would be the same.

Advertisement