Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an offer on a new build

Options
  • 22-09-2019 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

We are looking at buying a house in Drake's Point in Crosshaven. With the trend of prices dropping does anyone know if you can make lower offers to developers for a new build house or are they set prices? We really want the house but don't want to pay over the odds for it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Surely the easiest way to find out is to make an offer to the developers agent!?

How is anyone to here supposed to answer you really?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The best to way to get the answer you want is to spam the same question across multiple threads, OP.

Works every time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CarlosV wrote: »
    Hi

We are looking at buying a house in Drake's Point in Crosshaven. With the trend of prices dropping does anyone know if you can make lower offers to developers for a new build house or are they set prices? We really want the house but don't want to pay over the odds for it!

Little or no chance if they are selling

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

lawred2 wrote: »
    Surely the easiest way to find out is to make an offer to the developers agent!?

How is anyone to here supposed to answer you really?

I understand that but we made a full price offer but haven't signed contracts as we had thought (perhaps naively) that prices were set in stone. I don't want to pull the offer unless I know it has happened to other people! Conscious of prices going down and the estate we are looking at they have gone up in this phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CarlosV

godtabh wrote: »
    Little or no chance if they are selling

I know! We were first ones in with the offer as we love the area and wanted to get a house there so we actually don't know if many have sold. Might get a friend to call auctioneers tomorrow to suss out interest in them. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement