Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an offer on a new build house

Options
  • 22-09-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

We are looking at buying a house in Drake's Point in Crosshaven. With the trend of prices dropping does anyone know if you can make lower offers to developers for a new build house or are they set prices? We really want the house but don't want to pay over the odds for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

CarlosV wrote: »
    Hi

We are looking at buying a house in Drake's Point in Crosshaven. With the trend of prices dropping does anyone know if you can make lower offers to developers for a new build house or are they set prices? We really want the house but don't want to pay over the odds for it

You can always make an offer below the asking price. Supply and demand will dictate the response. If the builder is under pressure financially and sales slowing down he might welcome an inflow of funds. There is a margin where a discount is available. I would speak with whoever is handling the sales, make a case for a discount without dissing the builder completely. Confidentiality will be important as the builder wont want it going around that he is cutting the price. Altaernatively if no discount in cash terms is coming see can you get a deal on a better standard kitchen/bathroom/flooring fit out.
    Certainly back in 2010/2012 I saw properties being sold for 30% less than identical ones went for in 2006/2008 because the developers wanted to get rid of properties

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd be surprised if you get anything off. Prices drop and rise within a month so the builder will probably sit on them for 3-6 months to get another few thousand. But chance your arm....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,032 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What kind of house is it? That's as important as 3 bed semi will move all day long.

Advertisement