Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transation explanation - NEPOSCHGGBP

Options
  • 22-09-2019 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have gotten a few transactions on my current account (VISA DEBIT) with the following narrative :

NEPOSCHGGBP 000000.05

can you explain what this is please?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Simply put - did you buy something on the internet using Visa Debit in sterling currency?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Commission charges for non euro transactions are now shown as separate charges. Previously they were built into the exchange rate charged. 

Now you get an exchange rate very close to market rate and a separate commission fee charge. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

jono2000ie wrote: »
    Hi,

I have gotten a few transactions on my current account (VISA DEBIT) with the following narrative :

NEPOSCHGGBP 000000.05

can you explain what this is please?

thanks
    Hi jono2000ie, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

The information you have been given above it correct. 

The NEPOSCHGGBP would indicate a cross border fee for using your card outside of the Eurozone. If you have been away recently and used your Visa Debit card at a point of sale, or at an ATM these charges would b associated with them. 

I have attached a link below to our fees and charges. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account/fees/

Advertisement