Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celine Dion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

MadYaker wrote: »
    They will drop the prices as it gets closer. The same thing happened with taylor swift, 2 nights in croker and the cheapest tickets were over 100e. The sold the vip ones way cheaper and there was loads on donedeal going cheap. It makes zero sense to buy a ticket for this now as it’s never going to sell out and you might get one cheaper closer to the gig.

They have a year to sell them.
    There will be early buyers now, buyers for Christmas presents for next few months and then the hard sell with posters, ads etc and that will last for at least 6 months after that.
    The premium tickets would be only ones sold for a discount by the promoter and that would be a couple of weeks before the gig and would be sold at the normal price for tickets.

May be "cheap" on sale by buyers on Done Deal etc for various reasons
    but that wouldn't happen for a while yet.
    People would need to keep their wits about them if buying from a secondary source as the gig is so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It makes zero sense to buy a ticket for this now as it’s never going to sell out and you might get one cheaper closer to the gig.

It will easily sell out ,its only 20,000 tickets .

People would have no issues paying 150 euro for crap seats in Croke Park .
    200 is steep but its a much better concert in the 3arena than outdoors.

Me personally I wouldn't pay 200 euro for any ticket ,its simply not worth it but other people will.

I will probably wait till a month before the gig and pick up one of the unsold floor platinum tickets if the missus really wants to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

I would imagine come Friday morning all will go with the exception of the VIP Packages and “Platinum” tickets..
    I paid €403 the other morning in Presale for 2, didn’t think that was bad at all. Saw her in Vegas a few years ago, it was $900 for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Smokie399

Scandalous amount of money for tickets to be sitting up in the top tier. Personally I love celine Dion and her music but there isn’t a snow balls chance in hell I’d pay €400 for 2 tickets on a Monday or Tuesday nite. Add in accomadation for the nite and food etc and you’d have a long weekend for 2 abroad. Greedy promoters is what this is and sadly some people will buy them no matter what the price. People could justify €300 for 2 tickets just about but even that would be dear and anything more than that is just completely taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

They will drop the prices as it gets closer. The same thing happened with taylor swift, 2 nights in croker and the cheapest tickets were over 100e. The sold the vip ones way cheaper and there was loads on donedeal going cheap. It makes zero sense to buy a ticket for this now as it’s never going to sell out and you might get one cheaper closer to the gig.

Cher tickets are €186 across the board. They haven’t dropped prices and looking like it’s close a to sell out so people are willing to pay those prices unfortunately. At least MCD didn’t advertise any seemingly non existent €96 tickets as Aiken have done.

• Advertisement

kwat wrote: »
    At least MCD didn’t advertise any seemingly non existent €96 tickets as Aiken have done.

They did

https://3arena.ie/artist/cher/2603
    €90.55 - €189.47

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

Zardoz wrote: »
    They did

https://3arena.ie/artist/cher/2603
    €90.55 - €189.47

My mistake. Both as bad as each other then!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sottol wrote: »
    I would imagine come Friday morning all will go with the exception of the VIP Packages and “Platinum” tickets..
    I paid €403 the other morning in Presale for 2, didn’t think that was bad at all. Saw her in Vegas a few years ago, it was $900 for 2

I guess this is a bargain so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeez the Nick Mason ones were a bargain compared to this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I guess this is a bargain so :pac:

Top price for her tickets in Germany seems to be 300 euro !
    Farcical .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

"At least MCD didn’t advertise any seemingly non existent €96 tickets as Aiken have done".

My sister in law got 2 tickets for €96 yesterday in the three presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

You know what block and row she got? Curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    You know what block and row she got? Curious.

Block G, Row 18

poundhound wrote: »
    Block G, Row 18

For the price they are pretty good seats.
    Would have expected the €96 to be Upper corners at the back.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    For the price they are pretty good seats.
    Would have expected the €96 to be Upper corners at the back.

It’s a restricted corner view - the corners are always less €€€ than up the back in the centre and surrounding blocks

Ya I’m guessing the seat numbers are 200+, rather than the more central part of that block.
    Still though, close enough to the stage, doubt the view will be that bad and there could be people sitting a few feet away paying €161.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A girl in work is looking for tickets for this, is there any pre-sale code available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Clareman wrote: »
    A girl in work is looking for tickets for this, is there any pre-sale code available?

Presale is finished, general sale begins at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

15th sold out already?

EDIT: Can't get any two, at all.

Both sold out according to a mate who was looking!
    That was quick.

• Advertisement

peejay1986 wrote: »
    15th sold out already?

EDIT: Can't get any two, at all.

Was sold out at 10:01

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Fake sold out, so they can push people towards platinum and VIP packages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Hopefully another date added. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Not a hope of getting the 96e ones. Hoping she comes to Pairc Ui Chaoimh...stranger things have happened!

Was sold out at 10:01

This just shows that no matter the ticket price they set for her or others they will always sell out one or two nights. This reinforces their decision for their prices and the next big name to come will also have prices at this level.
    For every person who was disgusted at the price and said no way there was another person waiting to snap them up

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Sottol wrote: »
    This just shows that no matter the ticket price they set for her or others they will always sell out one or two nights. This reinforces their decision for their prices and the next big name to come will also have prices at this level.
    For every person who was disgusted at the price and said no way there was another person waiting to snap them up

Have a look at the amount of tickets under the 'VIP packages'. THey will try to sell them first, and when no-one buys, they will be drip feed to general sale at normal price:

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/celine-dion-vip-packages-dublin-14-09-2020/event/1800573CCF472001
    Same for platinum:
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/celine-dion-offical-platinum-tickets-dublin-15-09-2020/event/1800573CBD331986

This is the new business model for TM, since they closed seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Madness - middle of Block P (3rd Seating Tier) in as VIP Package seating?

Madness - middle of Block P (3rd Seating Tier) in as VIP Package seating?

Well, you do get a poster, an exclusive VIP Tour laminate and lanyard included with your seat for just €299.

Those on about Platinum and VIP are bang on. This is nowhere near sold out. Nearly half the tickets were put aside for these. Between that and the two presales, probably not a lot of normal tickets available this morning.
    And whatever about front rows, upper tier shouldn’t be VIP. That’s a bit much. Paying nearly twice the price as someone next to you for a bit of merch.

• Advertisement

Some tickets starting to appear now for both nights, if anyone still looking.

Advertisement