Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork gigs Summer 2020 (LATM/Musgrave PK)

Options
  • 23-09-2019 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Lewis Capaldi announced for June 18th 2020 at "Irish Independent Park"

Tickets on sale friday 27th sept

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Is Live At The Marquee actually happening next year? I thought this year was the last since the site was sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Live At The Marquee actually happening next year? I thought this year was the last since the site was sold?

I assume LATM will happen again as Christy Moore, Tommy Tiernan and Nathan Carter need somewhere to perform :P

I would bet Picture This for IP or PUC or is Westlife the only gig for PUC

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Christy has on his website a date for the Marquee next summer. Think July 10th or something. May not be in the docklands site tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
      I assume LATM will happen again as Christy Moore, Tommy Tiernan and Nathan Carter need somewhere to perform :P

I would bet Picture This for IP or PUC or is Westlife the only gig for PUC

Don't think Picture This would sell PUC unless they had a big support. I'd say the GAA wouldnt mind fitting in another concert somewhere along the line.

Don't think Picture This would sell PUC unless they had a big support. I'd say the GAA wouldnt mind fitting in another concert somewhere along the line.

I don't know, they sold 5 nights in 3 Arena

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Legacy acts are dying off, record companies are not investing in good music and a decade and a half of Saturday night karaoke tv shows picking the next big thing has left pop music terminally ill. We're 5 or 10 years off gob****es paying 85 quid to go see a hologram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Acosta wrote: »
      We're 5 or 10 years off gob****es paying 85 quid to go see a hologram.

That's started already

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/whitney-houston-hologram-tour-2020-dates-image-885666/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Anyone think Lewis Capaldi would do a second gig on Friday 19th if 18th sells out fast ? , or would there not be enough interest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is this sold out already, I can't get a sniff of a ticket all morning, ticketmaster just saying we can't find the ticket your looking for, it's hardly sold out already is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

shamrock55 wrote: »
      Is this sold out already, I can't get a sniff of a ticket all morning, ticketmaster just saying we can't find the ticket your looking for, it's hardly sold out already is it?

Could well be! Was passing Merchant's Quay around 9 last night and there were 3 young wans camped out. Madness.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've never heard of this person and it's sold out in days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sold out in less then an hr I'd say they only went on sale this morning at nine

shamrock55 wrote: »
      Sold out in less then an hr I'd say they only went on sale this morning at nine

Wow.
      Just googled him. Never seen or heard of him and the songs don't sound familiar.
      I'm old.

Lewis sold over 60,000 tickets for his Irish gigs in 10 minutes, fair play to him he is popular and he is good live, also very funny

I wonder could Lizzo or Billie Eilish maybe also do IP

Irish Independent Park announcement tomorrow, The Script or The Coronas?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Irish Independent Park announcement tomorrow, The Script or The Coronas?

Hard to bet against anyway. Assume pixies wont get a cork gig anyway with the galway and Dublin ones going on sale

"major concert" in 2020 is set to be announced for Cork in the coming days.

MCD Productions today sent out media invites for a press conference in the Metropole Hotel in Cork city on Monday, November 11 at 1pm.

The notice reads that the conference is "to announce a major concert for 2020".

MCD Productions asks media to note that the "artist will be in attendance".

PUC gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

PUC gig?

Stocktons Wing? Happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

MCD Productions asks media to note that the "artist will be in attendance."

Won't be anyone big so. Another has been or never was.
      We're a long way from the days of U2, Prince, Michael Jackson and Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I would love it if they could get Iron Maiden to come. They were announcing their shows during the week and had acts like Within Temptation and Airborne, etc joining them.

Wishful thinking though.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

David Gray has been announced to play Independent park next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

David Gray, as an outdoor headliner, in 2020???

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Natalia Inexpensive Hat

Lamest bunch of concerts ... And they had tickets till the week before his live at the marquee gig last year ....me thinks this won’t be a hard one to get tickets for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

David Gray has been announced to play Independent park next summer.
      Wait....was this the big announcement? Jaysus that's a let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Lamest bunch of concerts ... And they had tickets till the week before his live at the marquee gig last year ....me thinks this won’t be a hard one to get tickets for

I'd imagine this will sell better than his other concerts due to it being a full White Ladder set.
      A lot of people from 35 and over will remember that album from their youth.
      I still don't think he will sell out Musgrave Park tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

.red. wrote: »
      I'd imagine this will sell better than his other concerts due to it being a full White Ladder set.
      A lot of people from 35 and over will remember that album from their youth.
      I still don't think he will sell out Musgrave Park tho.

Bring your own recliner . Good sleep guaranteed

D'Agger wrote: »
      Wait....was this the big announcement? Jaysus that's a let down!

Yes and why a press conference for this, huge let down

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I remember him playing in Nancy Spain's before White Ladder came out!
      This gig may sell out eventually as that album is well known and still gets airplay. I suppose he is classified as a 'heritage act' these days.

Cork will never get big names (event centre or no event centre). They will only go to Dublin and Belfast - that's the way it is.

thejuggler wrote: »
      I remember him playing in Nancy Spain's before White Ladder came out!

Cork is to blame for his popularity!
      Before that Nancy's gig, he kept selling out The Triskel and I even remember him playing a packed gig in De Burca's on White Street.
      Apparently, he was selling out venues in Cork when he couldn't fill a hole in his home territory.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Chemical brothers at independence park June 20 next year, on sale this Friday

Advertisement