Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork gigs Summer 2020 (LATM/Musgrave PK)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Live at the Marquee finally announced.

Cat Stevens on June 24
    Diana Ross on June 25
    Jenny Greene and the RTE Concert Orchestra on June 26
    Christy Moore on June 27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Cat Stevens on June 24
    Diana Ross on June 25
    Christy Moore on June 27

Awful lineup again so far. Christy Moore must have set up residency here. I probably could name more of the utter ****e they'll bring there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

MCD cleaning up with Musgrave now. Aiken really dropped the ball here.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Cat Stevens on June 24
    Diana Ross on June 25
    Christy Moore on June 27

compare that to MP so far:

Thursday June 18 - Lewis Capaldi
    Saturday June 20 - David Gray
    Tuesday June 23 - The Script
    Friday June 26 - Picture This
    Saturday June 27 - Dermot Kennedy
    Tuesday June 30 - The Chemical Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Awful lineup again so far. Christy Moore must have set up residency here. I probably could name more of the utter ****e they'll bring there?

Depends on the age group really, I'll be first in the queue for Cat Stevens and Diana Ross, both will sell out very quickly and already had friends from Dublin looking to travel down for them.

You young fellas just don't appreciate music royalty haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its better than previous years.
    Diana Ross is a huge announcement ,her UK tour is in much bigger venues and sold out in a week.
    Its a major coup getting her in a 5000 capacity venue.

Cat Stevens will sell well too.

Christy Moore and Jenny Greene have no business in the Marquee though ,the Opera House is more than adequate for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Christy sell well every year in LATM, I'm sure he is always nearly full

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its better than previous years.
    Diana Ross is a huge announcement ,her UK tour is in much bigger venues and sold out in a week.
    Its a major coup getting her in a 5000 capacity venue.

Cat Stevens will sell well too.

Christy Moore and Jenny Greene have no business in the Marquee though ,the Opera House is more than adequate for them.

I wouldn't cross the road to see either of them but they're two of the bigger sellers at the Marquee every year. Jenny tends to do two nights when she's there too.

Not sure who is going to it but they're bankers and given that LATM seems to have lost the Coronas, Walking on Cars, etc to bigger venues, they need a few bankers to fill it out.

I'm hoping for one or two new acts - they've had the National, Beck and Foals over the years so would love something like that. One last trip before it's gone!

I wouldn't cross the road to see either of them but they're two of the bigger sellers at the Marquee every year. Jenny tends to do two nights when she's there too.

Not sure who is going to it but they're bankers and given that LATM seems to have lost the Coronas, Walking on Cars, etc to bigger venues, they need a few bankers to fill it out.

I'm hoping for one or two new acts - they've had the National, Beck and Foals over the years so would love something like that. One last trip before it's gone!

Yes ,that is true ,they do sell well .
    Christy is playing the Charleville Park Hotel next week ,nice compact venue to see him,I've no idea why people would go to see him in the Marquee .

A-ha were a nice touch last year ,would like to see more acts like that next year .

Yes ,that is true ,they do sell well .
    Christy is playing the Charleville Park Hotel next week ,nice compact venue to see him,I've no idea why people would go to see him in the Marquee .

A-ha were a nice touch last year ,would like to see more acts like that next year .

Yeah totally agreed here. And I'd imagine that plenty of people who go to the LATM show wouldn't go near the Charleville Park Hotel show (or similar sized ones). It seems to be the event of the Marquee.

Nothing wrong with it; I just don't go for it myself. It's not unique to Christy either - there are quite a few bands who have played the 3 Arena here and done well with it that are suddenly coming back with much bigger venues and because people love the summer outdoor gig, they'll sell it, eventhough plenty of the same audience wouldn't have been arsed with the smaller/indoor show!

That A-Ha gig got great reviews. Same with Toto and, afaik, both sold very well. I'd expect a few along that line as such.

It should all become a bit clearer over the next few weeks anyway as tours are announced and people pounce for the pre-Christmas market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Something along the lines of Deep Purple, or Crosby Stills and Nash again would be great. They were awesome gigs!!

Cat Stevens on June 24
    Diana Ross on June 25
    Christy Moore on June 27

Diana Ross tickets will nearly be priced at 100 euros I would imagine

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Diana Ross tickets will nearly be priced at 100 euros I would imagine

Buddy said he heard an ad on the radio saying that they were starting at 125 euro :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

never heard that one before zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Buddy said he heard an ad on the radio saying that they were starting at 125 euro :eek:

125 to be in a tent in a car park in an industrial wasteland with crap sound quality and poor sight lines!! Madness.

mean gene wrote: »
    never heard that one before zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

He's been at everyone one since the Tent was erected that's what I meant?

Yes from 125 :eek:

I'm not paying that ,its way too much.
    The sound in the Marquee is terrible .

Prices are €122.25 - €142.25 plus fees .
    Insane prices .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Insane prices .

Boom is back :eek:
    I would not pay that in a heated indoor arena like the 3 in Dublin, not to mind a tent with crap sound quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Insane prices .

That's about the level her tour is priced at. UK tickets are £75 - £150 and that's before you start into the "exclusive packages" that are several times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ms Ross is making sure she's being paid enough for playing in a tent - wouldn't be her usual kind of venue I'd say ;)

leahyl wrote: »
    Ms Ross is making sure she's being paid enough for playing in a tent - wouldn't be her usual kind of venue I'd say ;)

Most of the venues on her US tour are much smaller than the marquee and off the beaten track.
    Prices start at $39 .

Prices for the UK and Ireland are grossly inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

125 to be in a tent in a car park in an industrial wasteland with crap sound quality and poor sight lines!! Madness.

She'll be 76 years old by the time she steps on stage as well!!

byronbay2 wrote: »
    She'll be 76 years old by the time she steps on stage as well!!

Does she sing live her whole shows?

Does she sing live her whole shows?

Jesus for all that money you really don't think shes miming?

Diana Ross you have to pay 125 euro wow the outrage does this mean picture this is 5 euro to get into in terms of stature

Diana Ross you have to pay 125 euro wow the outrage does this mean picture this is 5 euro to get into in terms of stature

So you think 125 is a fair price?

So you think 125 is a fair price?

Price is dictated by demand price is always right

• Advertisement

Price is dictated by demand price is always right

LOL

It's called gouging.

Advertisement