Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork gigs Summer 2020 (LATM/Musgrave PK)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

LOL

It's called gouging.

Don't buy a ticket.
    Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

It's insane money in fairness can't understand the pricing. Why so expensive for her she's a bit of a minnow musically now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Don't buy a ticket.
    Problem solved.

I won't.

It's also a open discussion forum where people are allowed to have an opinion. If you don't like it then move on problem solved.

I won't.

It's also a open discussion forum where people are allowed to have an opinion. If you don't like it then move on problem solved.

I apologise.
    Sorry

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    It's insane money in fairness can't understand the pricing. Why so expensive for her she's a bit of a minnow musically now.

If it's too much, it won't sell out.
    I suspect it will close to sell out, though.
    Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Crowded House playing the Marquee on 29th June 2020

Sinead O'Connor playing June 5th

Much better looking lineup this year to the dross in recent years.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Crowded House playing the Marquee on 29th June 2020

Sinead O'Connor playing June 5th

Much better looking lineup this year to the dross in recent years.

Lol Sinead O`Connor thought she was calling herself something else now or is it a different Sinead?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gerry Cinnamon doing IIP

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭skaface

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gerry Cinnamon doing IIP
    This will sell out pretty fast I'd imagine.. What's the Capacity there??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

skaface wrote: »

He supported Liam Gallagher last year and it seemed like there was more people there to see him than the main act.
    I'd never heard of him but he was brilliant, really got the crowd going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

skaface wrote: »

He didn't sell out as a support act 6 months ago so highly doubt he will as a headline act now.

Capacity is fairly high, must be over 10,000. Two stands and the whole pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

.red. wrote: »
    He supported Liam Gallagher last year and it seemed like there was more people there to see him than the main act.
    I'd never heard of him but he was brilliant, really got the crowd going.

Jasus he drew a God awful scumbag crowd. Thankfully most of them slunked off to the bar when he finished so the majority of the crowd could enjoy LG.

Dido announced for the Tent dire I personally think she's awful but looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Capacity is fairly high, must be over 10,000. Two stands and the whole pitch.

Its 12000 capacity I believe .
    They could easily increase it to 15-20k in the future though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

RINO87 wrote: »
    Something along the lines of Deep Purple, or Crosby Stills and Nash again would be great. They were awesome gigs!!

Sadly, no chance of CSN. S and especially N have fallen out with C since he insulted Y’s girlfriend/wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Orbital announced for The Marquee. Hopefully a live set. A DJ set is pointless. Tickets €35 so I cant imagine it is a live set.

Supported by Kerri Chandler, so a guaranteed absolute scum crowd unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

bot43 wrote: »
    Orbital announced for The Marquee. Hopefully a live set. A DJ set is pointless. Tickets €35 so I cant imagine it is a live set.

No mention of "dj set" on the poster so i'd guess live.

They were class at All Together Now so might consider this one closer to the time.

Also added today: john Bishop and the 2 Johnnies (a live podcast in front of 5,000 people... f*cking hell!), joining Crowded House and Dido added in recent days.

Still not an awful lot I'll be doing for but it's filling up now. I'd guess a few more pre-Christmas names and then the last flurry will be added in Feb/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

bot43 wrote: »

Also listed are Brame & Hamo, Fish Go Deep & Stevie G.

Although tickets are listed as €49.50.

Was same price in Galway earlier this year but much weaker support

No mention of "dj set" on the poster so i'd guess live.

They were class at All Together Now so might consider this one closer to the time.

Also added today: Des Bishop and the 2 Johnnies (a live podcast in front of 5,000 people... f*cking hell!), joining Crowded House and Dido added in recent days.

Still not an awful lot I'll be doing for but it's filling up now. I'd guess a few more pre-Christmas names and then the last flurry will be added in Feb/March.

I thought it was comedian John Bishop

I thought it was comedian John Bishop

Oops - you're correct! Will change my post.

• Advertisement

Two more for LATM:

Sinead O'Connor & Damien Dempsey, June 5
    The National, June 8

Tickets for the National on sale Friday, Sinead on sale Monday.

The National are also playing Belfast and Limerick the days before Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Huge National fan but jaysus they are some lads for touring !!! Saw them in OH in 2017 …. hard to go back and see them in a big tent !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

whatever76 wrote: »
    Huge National fan but jaysus they are some lads for touring !!! Saw them in OH in 2017 …. hard to go back and see them in a big tent !

Don't go so hardly a big fan if your moaning abt them playing on your doorstep should be good saw them marquee previously good show

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

How much will the National tickets be roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sinead O'connor and Damian Dempsey announced for the Marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

mean gene wrote: »
    Don't go so hardly a big fan if your moaning abt them playing on your doorstep should be good saw them marquee previously good show

Wasn't moaning really and didn't mean to come across that way , think its brilliant they are coming Cork again and yea I guess I won't go - my point is that seeing them in OH in such a small venue that atmosphere for me will never be trumped- it was amazing ( maybe they should do 5 nights there instead to suit me :P !!) . I think they are more suited to smaller indoor venue ( current Album even more so ) ; I went to see them in Donnybrook and just thought it lacked and just wasn't the same and yep I know you can say that for all gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Also listed are Brame & Hamo, Fish Go Deep & Stevie G.

Although tickets are listed as €49.50.

Was same price in Galway earlier this year but much weaker support

Brame and Hamo are savage and really on the up, I'd see them pulling a great crowd.

The Coronas 29 May at Marquee

John Bishop has added a second show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

The Coronas 29 May at Marquee

Depressing

• Advertisement

Nathan Carter with Brian Kennedy also announced for LATM

Advertisement