Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway - Concrete or Tarmac

Options
  • 23-09-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭

With out having to go to contractors for pricing would anyone who has got prices recently be able to tell me which works out cheaper?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

We went with the inprint concrete after considering tarmac and cobblelock. Not sure if there was much difference in price with tarmac and inprint but the cobblelock was a good €1k more expensive over the other two.
    celt262 wrote: »
    With out having to go to contractors for pricing would anyone who has got prices recently be able to tell me which works out cheaper?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

There's not much of a price difference. Just make sure you get a good contractor for what ever you choose. It isn't worth saving a few hundred on a cowboy builder just to have to pay even more on repairs over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Thanks lads i think i will go with Concrete as it should last test of time better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Definitely use a reputable contractor, a neighbour of mine used a cowboy one at the start of the summer to get tarmac and it has already sunk in places so do your checks before you agree to anything.

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

bri007 wrote: »
    Definitely use a reputable contractor, a neighbour of mine used a cowboy one at the start of the summer to get tarmac and it has already sunk in places so do your checks before you agree to anything.

Best of luck with it

Beat me to it. Don't believe the door-to-door guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Take a look at pervious (aka permeable) concrete. I've seen it done in a sand colour - looked really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

I would suggest that if your driveway is level or has a slight slope, tarmac would be suitable. But if it's steep, concrete would be better.

Advertisement