Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoPro Hero 7 Black

Options
  • 23-09-2019 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I've had a look around and hopefully I'm not repeating any recent threads on this.

I have a GoPro Hero 5 that's just died on me. I've had a couple of GoPro's and I really like them.

I can trade it in on the GoPro website and get €50 off a Hero 7 Black. They're giving a free 32GB memory card with the purchase. I'm thinking I can hang on the the battery from the Hero 5 as well.

All in - €299.

That's not 'cheap' in my view - but as cheap as I can see it anywhere.

Before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask if there were any alternatives that had similar quality footage and options without the price tag?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

thejaguar wrote: »
    I've had a look around and hopefully I'm not repeating any recent threads on this.

I have a GoPro Hero 5 that's just died on me. I've had a couple of GoPro's and I really like them.

I can trade it in on the GoPro website and get €50 off a Hero 7 Black. They're giving a free 32GB memory card with the purchase. I'm thinking I can hang on the the battery from the Hero 5 as well.

All in - €299.

That's not 'cheap' in my view - but as cheap as I can see it anywhere.

Before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask if there were any alternatives that had similar quality footage and options without the price tag?

There is a new gopro 8 being released Oct 1'st id wait and see what happens then if I were you.

Your non-gopro options are the Yi action cameras or the DJI Osmo Action

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Rew wrote: »
    There is a new gopro 8 being released Oct 1'st id wait and see what happens then if I were you.

Actually - I meant to mention that in the post. The prices on the other two have come down in the last week or so - I'm guessing that's with the launch in mind.

I'll have a look at the Yi and DJI in the meantime.

Cheers

Advertisement