Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managing Space application

Options
  • 23-09-2019 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I use my windows PC for heavy RAW files processing and manage to keep my space usage to a minimum - at least on the C drive.

My wife uses the f*cking PC for her work which consists of documents entirely and all of a sudden 20GB is gone, I have installed TreeSpace but it's not great, I want to order the whole drive by size and date added so i can see the exact files that are added and are taking up so much space ?

is there a way ?>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

a ha ! discovered it, I noticed that there was ~20GB in the windows.old folder.
    I did update windows over the weekend and it obviously backed up a load of stuff to windows.old.

Was all junk, nothing important.

Apologies to the wife :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

TomSweeney wrote: »
    a ha ! discovered it, I noticed that there was ~20GB in the windows.old folder.
    I did update windows over the weekend and it obviously backed up a load of stuff to windows.old.

Was all junk, nothing important.

Apologies to the wife :(

Hold on......If your wife wants to use a computer, tell her to get her own one!

or

(maybe buy her a cheap laptop for herself ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

She has a laptop, a decent one too , she likes the space with the desktop!! :(

Advertisement