Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBI Thwarts rightwing terror plot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

well done to law enforcement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

FBI: You got anyone down in Texas that would be a good fit for fire, destruction and death?
    Smith: Outside of Beto? I don’t know enough people that would be relevant enough to cause a change if they died.
    that reads like entrapment,

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that reads like entrapment,

Except there was already evidence against him ahead of that; the argument he would not have done anything without the FBI doesn’t seem to hold merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

well done to law enforcement, removing another extremist from the ability to cause harm.

Hopefully nobody will defend this guy like they do so many from the other side of the aisle or their religion.

well done to law enforcement, removing another extremist from the ability to cause harm.

Hopefully nobody will defend this guy like they do so many from the other side of the aisle or their religion.

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

People defend terrorists because they are from a religion?

Great achievement to go from 'well done police' to slagging off the left and Muslims, in the one post and turned the story, only four posts old on it's head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

People defend terrorists because they are from a religion?

Great achievement to go from 'well done police' to slagging off the left and Muslims, in the one post :)

funny what religion comes to your mind when i use the word terrorist or extremist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

funny what religion comes to your mind when i use the word terrorist or extremist.

I've read your posts before also right wing fanatics have a thing for Muslims. Was it the Mormons so?

I assumed you were talking about Christian terrorists; but then something in the context of your posts seem to get me thinking you meant Muslims, specifically islamic terrorism versus Christian terrorism hence my question.

It would be Catholic if you were English or Unionist less than 30 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Brilliant news. Lives saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Overheal wrote: »
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fbi-arrests-far-right-extremist-who-allegedly-wanted-to-bomb-major-news-org-target-beto-orourke/

Dishonorably discharged army soldier who wanted to target Beto O’Rourke, murder anti-fascists, go to Ukraine to fight for a right wing extremist group, and bomb a US National news network not identified.

Sounds like a real piece of work.

Real soldiers serve the government by murdering members of the government. :pac:

Last terrorist attack by a US soldier was pretty grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Earlier this month an American Airlines mechanic was charged with sabotaging a plane's navigation system just before take off. He claimed it was because he was upset over stalled union negotiations with the carrier, but prosecutors said he had an ISIS propaganda video showing graphic murders on his cellphone and then shared it with another person along with a message that said something similar to “Allah, we ask you to use all your might and power against the Kafir.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/american-airlines-mechanic-accused-sabotaging-plane-isis-video/story?id=65697821

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

You can't help but wonder just how many terrorist attacks the FBI and CIA must prevent on a monthly basis within the US, it has to be a staggering amount.

I know we constantly debate about the US 2nd Amendment, and the insanity that is the US shooting spree problem, but massive kudos to the US authorities in preventing this.

Advertisement