Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Section 75 of the UK consumer credit act - Irish/EU equivalent?

Options
  • 23-09-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was listening to a UK radio show today which dealt with a lot of queries from Thomas Cook customers concerned about losing money on bookings they had made.

Those who had booked package holidays (flight and accommodation) were protected via ATOL however those who had only booked flights were not covered by ATOL but it turned out that providing the flight was booked with a credit card and was for an amount in excess of £100 Section 75 of the UK Consumer Credit Act provided them with protection.

I normally book flights and family holidays etc with my Debit Card but given the Thomas Cook situation if there is financial protection built into bookings made by credit card I'd switch going forward.

I've searched online to see if we have something similar here in Ireland without success. Can anyone shed light?

Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement