Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingsbry maynooth

Options
  • 23-09-2019 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,
    Just looking for a little advice here. Maynooth prices have obviously blown up in recent years but wer first time buyers that work nearby and feel settled in the area so might be open to a gamble or an older house that needs work in a mixed area.

Just on kingsbry, i have heard mixed reviews. Many say steer clear as u may be annoyed with students but others say its slowly getting more settled and with further student accomadation plannned near the university it could soon be very few students who live there.

I know the estate and while some of it is unkempt and obviously rented id like to hear anybodys opinions on it nowadays.

Its a brilliant location near the train station and village and really reasonably priced for maynooth ( is that the obvious clue I'm overlooking ? )

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I think Kingsbry is a very nice estate.

Location is excellent as you say and the University is building a lot of accommodation on campus which will draw many of the students away from the estates.

I think with a short to medium term view it will start to lose some of the reasonableness vis-a-vis price that you can currently get.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The houses are badly built by the standards of the time but still better built than many boomtime ones. Block, no pyrite, think the later 80s ones onwards even have cavity insulation but I'm not certain on that. Estate took nearly 20 years to complete so there's significant variance in age, fitout etc

The houses are relatively large compared to newer ones also and there are some random ones with gardens the size of a small park due to layout. Two huge green areas in the estate

If the windows and front door aren't replacements - and quite modern ones at that - budget to replace them soon because the originals are terrible and often people got poor quality cheap replacements due to that.

Student rentals in estates are falling all across the town because of both dedicated student units and simply becoming unaffordable. Most they go to for sale are bought for private occupation

Advertisement