Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

property tax up 10%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Councillor Irene Winters says without the increase, services faced cuts and planned projects just wouldn’t happen.

The question must therefore be, why were these "Projects" planned if there was no funding for them?
    What services face cuts and why were these "Services" not provided for in the annual budgeting?

It is not good enough to rely on unplanned stealth funding to prop up bad planning and mis-management.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The question must therefore be, why were these "Projects" planned if there was no funding for them?
    What services face cuts and why were these "Services" not provided for in the annual budgeting?

It is not good enough to rely on unplanned stealth funding to prop up bad planning and mis-management.

Nah. Its not about bad planning at or mismanagement at all. Its about central government not funding local government well enough and populist politicians pushing nonsense that you can have low taxes and high quality public services.

I think the 21 WCC members were courageous and am delighted that the extra tax I pay goes towards better public services.

I am delighted my extra tax will assist in funding

Blessington Greenway Project
    Arklow Historic Town Centre
    Bray Public Transport Bridge
    New Library/Redevelopment of Fitzwilliam Square, Wicklow
    Greystones Community CCTV Scheme
    Avonmore Way Link Bridge
    Wicklow County Council Climate Change Adaptation Strategy.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

And as for the 7 I will never take them seriously when they complain about Council lack of funding or roads or council housing not getting fixed.

The populist drivel and nonsense they have come out with is breathtaking

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement