Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Protests in Ireland

Options
  • 24-09-2019 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

The recent protest in DC gave me great encouragement. I was chatting to some friends and we all thought it would be a great idea to have similar protest in cities and towns around Ireland. We will try to get a sm campaign going soon. Does anyone here have any ideas? Also, does anyone know how to obtain old used boats? They were very effective in the DC protest. Please pm if you would like to get involved

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Just tell me when and where and I will fly my plane to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

hcf500 wrote: »
    The recent protest in DC gave me great encouragement. I was chatting to some friends and we all thought it would be a great idea to have similar protest in cities and towns around Ireland. We will try to get a sm campaign going soon. Does anyone here have any ideas? Also, does anyone know how to obtain old used boats? They were very effective in the DC protest. Please pm if you would like to get involved

Extinction Rebellion are going to close down Dublin for a week in October. Were none of your friends aware of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

You could start by putting your phone or tablet down.

That will do more than any protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Also, does anyone know how to obtain old used boats?

Money helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I found it very encouraging too, I never thought so many irish people cared so deeply about global warming. Maybe change might actually come sometime soon before its too late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

lola85 wrote: »

No it won't. You're talking ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

No it won't.
    There is some myth that unless you live in a cave naked eating grass one can't comment or campaign about climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Why would it? Then they wouldn't be able to partake in current society in order to try and change things for the better.

No, it wont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Just tell everyone there'll be free food and a chance to throw something at a politician, you'll get a savage crowd.

Though, ironically, the crowd size may depend on the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Extinction Rebellion are going to close down Dublin for a week in October. Were none of your friends aware of this?

Every town and city in Ireland needs to be shut down. ER are not doing enough

Why not just nuke the whole planet? Climate problems will go away if there is no climate.

Good%20Idea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sure why not? No idea what actual use it will be to piss off most of the population but great idea I guess.

Every town and city in Ireland needs to be shut down.

They used to shut down on Sundays.

Continued protests would be a good idea. The lead up to cristmas should be targeted. Just noticed that when I typed Christmas. it was autocorrected to capatilize the c. I had to go back to de capatilize it!

And what about people trying to do a days work to feed their families?

Grow up ffs.

Continued protests would be a good idea. The lead up to cristmas should be targeted. Just noticed that when I typed Christmas. it was autocorrected to capatilize the c. I had to go back to de capatilize it!
    Go on outside for a walk pal eh?

That's a nasty American thing you are using. Capitalise.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sure why not? No idea what actual use it will be to piss off most of the population but great idea I guess.

Because what has peaceful protest achieved so far? It will be a far cry from the annoyance of the effects of unstoppable climate change in a few decades if this level of complacency persists

Grow up ffs.

Im sure a few days wont hurt them and if it does, it just means they have too many children and are a problem for the climate anyway. Maybe you should grow up and take the climate seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Grow up ffs.
    Protests need to be disruptive in order to be effective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Go ahead and protest but if they try block traffic I hope they get squashed by a bus.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Because what has peaceful protest achieved so far? It will be a far cry from the annoyance of the effects of unstoppable climate change in a few decades if this level of complacency persists

Unstoppable is unstoppable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

woah!!!

this one here is Brainwashed to the hilt.

hahaha WHAT ?!

do you ever think about what you are saying, what you believe in and why you hold those beliefs?

is it because a blue haired lecturer in your college or school tells you all of these things and presents them all as facts?

the world is NOT ending, Climate Change can NOT be fixed by government intervention, and Greta Thunberg is a 40 year old actress posing as a child.

the climate has always been changing.

WHY would ireland take part in any of this?
    it's freezing most of the time, and i personally would love a spanish climate here.

the louder you are about the "climate change" issue, the more people can tell that you have been brainwashed and havent a single thought of your own on any subject.

Grow up ffs.

They have families and jobs too. Maybe for them its possible they can multi task and also care about bigger issues beyond their own personal needs and desires?

Im sure a few days wont hurt them and if it does, it just means they have too many children and are a problem for the climate anyway. Maybe you should grow up and take the climate seriously

maybe people should SHUT UP about the poxy climate already?

brainwashed.
    stubborn
    ridiculous

Are you actually for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So violence it is then? Yeah like that'll work.

Are you actually for real?

they probably are.

my guess is a 18 year old female college student who just finished their first week in Maynooth.

• Advertisement

They have families and jobs too. Maybe they can multi task and also care about bigger issues beyond their own personal needs and desires?

Pretty clear he doesn’t seems he just told me I shouldn’t have kids if I have to work to feed them.

My god you people are on a different level.

Advertisement