Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Protests in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

is_that_so wrote: »
    So violence it is then? Yeah like that'll work.

Not violence, no.When did I ever say that? Is that the only two types of protest, not peacful = violent? I would consider this upcoming one to be a disruptive protest rather than earlier ones which were peaceful. It will get peoples attention, and thats what is needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Go ahead and protest but if they try block traffic I hope they get squashed by a bus.
    Think of the emissions that would result in though?

lola85 wrote: »
    Pretty clear he doesn’t seems he just told me I shouldn’t have kids if I have to work to feed them.

My god you people are on a different level.

I dont agree with his comments that people should be guilted for having children. But do you not think its an important issue for your childrens future?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

wakka12 wrote: »
    Not violence, no.When did I ever say that? Is that the only two types of protest, not peacful = violent? I would consider this upcoming one to be a disruptive protest rather than earlier ones which were peaceful. It will get peoples attention, and thats what is needed
    If it "lasts" for a week it'll get all the wrong kind of attention. You need to persuade not make people subject to other people's delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

When I read or hear the words Climate Change, I immediately think that this is gonna cost me money.....It should not be that way but it is, hence so much opposition to change.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

lola85 wrote: »
    Pretty clear he doesn’t seems he just told me I shouldn’t have kids if I have to work to feed them.

My god you people are on a different level.

Why did you presume my gender? Maybe you should have asked if you wanted to refer to by gender

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Absolute bunch of clowns. The need to be part of something and to be seen to be 'helping' the world is laughable.

How can so many people have been so unloved as children or, are most of these still children?

Clowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

hcf500 wrote: »
    Why did you presume my gender? Maybe you should have asked if you wanted to refer to by gender

Don’t melt now.

is_that_so wrote: »
    If it "lasts" for a week it'll get all the wrong kind of attention. You need to persuade not make people subject to other people's delusions.

Its pretty obvious that people like you will never be persuaded by argument, and are set in your ways. So what is the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, look fair play to you but you won't get much sympathy from them round here, that's just the way they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

This sums up the world we live in now. SMH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Its pretty obvious that people like you will never be persuaded by argument, and are set in your ways. So what is the alternative?

Fcuk off to Leinster house and protest and leave the normal folk to go about their lives uninterrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Higher carbon tax.

Oh, I can always be persuaded but you're doing a very poor job of it. The alternative is for you to figure out. Street protests really don't work, peaceful, "disruptive" or violent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

the alternative is to forget about all the nonsense you have been brainwashed to believe, then simply DO NOTHING.

why do nothing?

because, as you said yourself CLIMATE CHANGE IS UNSTOPPABLE.

if it's unstoppable, why would you want to bring attention to the world governments about the issue, when they will merely extract money from the already working poor to pay for NOTHING, and then the world ends anyway.

well?

what's the actual point of doing anything about "it"? when "it" is unstoppable anyway.

What is government intervention going to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Fcuk off to Leinster house and protest and leave the normal folk to go about their lives uninterrupted.
    Protests need to be disruptive in order to be effective.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    How does one measure effective, now?

Who do you want to disrupt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Good luck gaining allies with that b0ll0x carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Soon enough us silly Earthlings will realise that we have only 1 home and there are no other viable or reachable alternatives to migrate to.
    With that It's good to see reactive Irish people in action. In my experience we (as a collective) are some of the most blatant fence-sitters and cynical nations out there so credit to them.

Maybe its too late , maybe its not but just think of the world you'd like your children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren to live in? If theres anything we can do to prevent a mass migration to the north and uninhabitable equatorial regions then we bloody well should do something about it.

• Advertisement

Climate change is not unstoppable. We need tough measures. The Green New Deal in states need to be implemented as soon as possible. That would have a large effect. Plane travel needs to be cut down. The biggest problem is children. There are far too many being produced. There should be limits on family size. The farming system needs a major overhaul too.

no.8 wrote: »
    Soon enough us silly Earthlings will realise that we have only 1 home and there are no other viable or reachable alternatives to migrate to.
    With that It's good to see reactive Irish people in action. In my experience we (as a collective) are some of the most blatant fence-sitters and cynical nations out there so credit to them.

Maybe its too late , maybe its not but just think of the world you'd like your children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren to live in? If theres anything we can do to prevent a mass migration to the north and uninhabitable equatorial regions then we bloody well should do something about it.
    Protests every day for all so!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Good stuff.

Climate change is not unstoppable. We need tough measures. The Green New Deal in states need to be implemented as soon as possible. That would have a large effect. Plane travel needs to be cut down. The biggest problem is children. There are far too many being produced. There should be limits on family size. The farming system needs a major overhaul too.

Extinction Rebellion chickened out of their plan to bring down aeroplanes at Heathrow by flying drones into them. Would you be in favour of trying that in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Good luck gaining allies with that b0ll0x carry on.
    The time has run out for being polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

1950s China here we come!

The time has run out for being polite.

You put that very nicely.

JUST STOP.

we already have Greta. we dont need some jumped up college students coming out with this sh!te.

WHY DO YOU BELIEVE IN ALL OF THIS????
    actually? why?

is it just that you were told enough times and now it's true?

WHY do you believe it's a "crisis"? rather than the natural warming of the earth, as it should be....

no.8 wrote: »

I agree with you completely. This country is backwards! When I arrived here, I couldn't believe that abortion was illegal. I re4ad an article about Ireland years ago about how progressive the country was with the first gay PM. I know its a small country but think of the negative effect that all those years of no abortion is having on the climate now.

• Advertisement

Extinction Rebellion chickened out of their plan to bring down aeroplanes at Heathrow by flying drones into them. Would you be in favour of trying that in Dublin?

what gives these absolute fruitcake nutjobs the right to try stop people from travelling, or worse ,crash a plane????

what's wrong with people these days?

Advertisement