Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Protests in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Good luck gaining allies with that b0ll0x carry on.

Sadly here's the reason why we demonstrated that we had no backbone following the recession. 'Oh how dare you disturb our utopia'
    'Why fight for anything?, why bother standing up for your rights?, why do you want to stand out from the crowd?'

Its because we are Human, we're individuals... not robots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

You put that very nicely.
    It's the truth.

Ordinary Joe Soap climate change deniers like the ones you see in this discussion aren't worthy of the seconds it takes to read their tripe and they need to be dismissed summarily.

The real people who have to be convinced to become "allies" are the elite policymakers who have our species' balls in a vice as they enrich themselves at the expense of the human race.

In order to do this we need marches on the streets, protests. Downing tools en masse to let them know that we not let them drive us over the edge into the abyss. This is a civil war between the haves and the have nots and there shall be blood on the streets, if need be. I won't waste my time trying to "convince" anyone through "civil discussion." It's. Too. ****ing. Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

woah!!!

this one here is Brainwashed to the hilt.

hahaha WHAT ?!

do you ever think about what you are saying, what you believe in and why you hold those beliefs?

is it because a blue haired lecturer in your college or school tells you all of these things and presents them all as facts?

the world is NOT ending, Climate Change can NOT be fixed by government intervention, and Greta Thunberg is a 40 year old actress posing as a child.

the climate has always been changing.

WHY would ireland take part in any of this?
    it's freezing most of the time, and i personally would love a spanish climate here.

the louder you are about the "climate change" issue, the more people can tell that you have been brainwashed and havent a single thought of your own on any subject.

Of course the climate has always been changing thats not being disputed by activists and it has even been warmer and colder billions of years ago.

The issue is the human made climate change that is accelerating our current trend. Latests figures suggest 0.2c rise in only 5 years since 2014.
    The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - 90%-100% of scientists agree man made emmisions are causing current climate change.
    National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on global warming. These assessments are consistent with the conclusions of the IPCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

hcf500 wrote: »
    I agree with you completely. This country is backwards! When I arrived here, I couldn't believe that abortion was illegal. I re4ad an article about Ireland years ago about how progressive the country was with the first gay PM. I know its a small country but think of the negative effect that all those years of no abortion is having on the climate now.

This is the country backwards.

DNALERI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

I agree with you completely. This country is backwards! When I arrived here, I couldn't believe that abortion was illegal. I re4ad an article about Ireland years ago about how progressive the country was with the first gay PM. I know its a small country but think of the negative effect that all those years of no abortion is having on the climate now.

and just HOW did you arrive here? PLANE was it!?
    Car, BUS, - something giving off fumes??????

• Advertisement

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    It's the truth.

Ordinary Joe Soap climate change deniers like the ones you see in this discussion aren't worthy of the seconds it takes to read their tripe and they need to be dismissed summarily.

The real people who have to be convinced to become "allies" are the elite policymakers who have our species' balls in a vice as they enrich themselves at the expense of the human race.

In order to do this we need marches on the streets, protests. Downing tools en masse to let them know that we not let them drive us over the edge into the abyss. This is a civil war between the haves and the have nots and there shall be blood on the streets, if need be. I won't waste my time trying to "convince" anyone through "civil discussion." It's. Too. ****ing. Late.

shut up.
    you people have been allowed to shout about this nonsense for far too long.

it's a little project to give all the millenials and gen z'ers something new to whine about.

nobody believes you and nobody cares about your little protests.
    nobody

It's very very very simple.
    It's because it's based on fact. On numbers. On indisputable evidence.

It is highly doubtful that this Earth has seen the likes of us before and the resource utilisation. We actually dont know what the long term effects are going to be because we've nothing to base it off
    JUST STOP.

we already have Greta. we dont need some jumped up college students coming out with this sh!te.

WHY DO YOU BELIEVE IN ALL OF THIS????
    actually? why?

is it just that you were told enough times and now it's true?

WHY do you believe it's a "crisis"? rather than the natural warming of the earth, as it should be....

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Of course the climate has always been changing thats not being disputed by activists and it has even been warmer and colder billions of years ago.

The issue is the human made climate change that is accelerating our current trend. Latests figures suggest 0.2c rise in only 5 years since 2014.
    The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - 90%-100% of scientists agree man made emmisions are causing current climate change.
    National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on global warming. These assessments are consistent with the conclusions of the IPCC.

yeah that's all well and good, but the reality is, most people dont give a sh!t.
    i dont care.
    nobody really cares, except college students who are actively brainwashed to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

It's the truth.

Blood on the streets he says.
    Oh for fcuk sake,internet keyboard hard man in his natural habitat right here.

no.8 wrote: »

It is highly doubtful that this Earth has seen the likes of us before and the resource utilisation. We actually dont know what the long term effects are going to be because we've nothing to base it off

There were no people here a few thousand years ago, because the place was under a mile of ice. That is the long term outlook now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

The amount of ignorant folks talking **** about Greta need to STFU. I was on twitter earlier and I'm shocked at the amount of hate this young girl is getting totally unacceptable. The same people are typical conspiracy theorists who listen to Alex Jones and get all there information off YouTube/Trumps twitter feed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

It's the truth.

Never go full retard.

nothing to base it off?
    what about "fact, numbers and indisputable evidence"?

no. i dont agree.
    just because some book somewhere, or "scientists" say something, does not make me instantly just assume that is the truth.

i make my own mind up.
    when something is boring and stupid, i go further, and begin theorising certain elements of that subject.
    this time, it's climate change, and boy does it give me what i want.

it's a doomsday cult, and all of it's believers are the real victims.

i wont be having kids, and the world is a pretty sh!tty place as is, so i couldnt give a flying fvck if it burned tomorrow to be honest.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Never go full retard.

it's "too fvcking late" for that, by the looks of it hahaha

JMMCapital wrote: »
    The amount of ignorant folks talking **** about Greta need to STFU. I was on twitter earlier and I'm shocked at the amount of hate this young girl is getting totally unacceptable. The same people are typical conspiracy theorists who listen to Alex Jones and get all there information off YouTube/Trumps twitter feed.

SHE IS NOT A YOUNG GIRL.

SHE IS A 40 YEAR OLD ACTRESS

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Blood on the streets he says.
    Oh for fcuk sake,internet keyboard hard man in his natural habitat right here.
    If necessary. If it doesn't happen now again the fascist climate change deniers then it certainly will when we're past the point of no return and our children and grandchildren will be refugees from the land-wars that will engulf the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

and just HOW did you arrive here? PLANE was it!?
    Car, BUS, - something giving off fumes??????

Plane, if you must know. There wasn't much choice though. The blame for poor choice of travel though can be given to the heads of the fossil fuel industry. They have supressed green innovation for far to long to line their own pockets. They should be dragged out of their offices and jailed. This will not happen while they are lining trumps pockets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

JMMCapital wrote: »
    I think you're on the wrong thread for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

SHE IS NOT A YOUNG GIRL.

SHE IS A 40 YEAR OLD ACTRESS

Next you'll tell me vaccines are bad, the frogs are bisexual and the government is putting chlorine in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Extinction Rebellion?

Surely they should rename themselves Extinction Advocacy, and encourage the mass extermination of the human race as the most viable option to combat the man made contribution to climate change. Some of their policies could be;

- Free plastic bags. To smother your children and then hang yourself.
    - Ban any further and tear down all existing housing. That should cull quite a few, especially the elderly in your not yet roasting winters.
    - Destroy and ban anything that has to be manufactured in any way.
    - Forced sterilisation at birth for any children to prevent breeding.
    - Slaughter all known animals so they can't be used for meat.
    - Nuke any country that doesn't comply with these demands.

You see, when we have total genocide, the destructions of mass extinction of animals, tactical nuclear bombings and the removal of all human civilisation, then we really would have helped fight the man made impact on climate change, and with the sterilisation of all children (or better yet, abort them and therefore remove them before they have to fed/clothed/cared for), and we would have saved the planet from climate change.

You know, as it continuously changes in our absence as it always done.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how to respond to that. I was talking about Humans, not only our small island.
    There were no people here a few thousand years ago, because the place was under a mile of ice. That is the long term outlook now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's the truth.

Shouldn't you be at home pulling one off while looking at a poster of Greta

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

It's the truth.

What kinda shíte are you spewing.... take the advice from earlier - never go full retard

I'm not sure how to respond to that. I was talking about Humans, not only our small island.

It depends on what you meant by long term. Long term there will be another Ice Age in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Edgware wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be at home pulling one off while looking at a poster of Greta

That is a sick twisted comment. Makes you feel like a big man does it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Take away the indoctrinated kids and these climate nutters would have no big numbers at all. Joe public doesnt care and never will.

That is a sick twisted comment. Makes you feel like a big man does it?

The time for being polite is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Take away the indoctrinated kids and these climate nutters would have no big numbers at all. Joe public doesnt care and never will.

Too busy working paying taxes so all these crusties can collect the dole and go protest

"Joe Public" doesn't care now but he certainly will when the effects of climate change kick in and we're careening towards extinction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

yeah that's all well and good, but the reality is, most people dont give a sh!t.
    i dont care.
    nobody really cares, except college students who are actively brainwashed to do this.

So your ignorant to the scientific consensus, you just dont care? Why dont you care?

Well let me tell you I CARE and a lot of people in ireland care...were listening to the scientific community and we want action

Im not a looper like the college students you describe, im pragmatic and want action. Messages such as having less children is something i dont agree with..actually its our future educated children that will save us.

Advertisement