Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Protests in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

hcf500 wrote: »
    You know what, I was the sperm that was swallowed in a blowjob, but I was so determined, I found my way!

Too bad you survived...you shouldn't of bothered and we would never have known you even existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

cjmc wrote: »
    While I'm in favour of Ireland protesting and doing whatever it can I do realise it is like pissing in the ocean. A symbolic gesture and that's all. Get China, India and the US and Brazil to play ball and we

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/09/climate-change-report-card-co2-emissions/

Go educate yourself on the countries doing the right thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Now I'm not saying these people are New Age cultists, but if it looks like a duck etc...

https://extinctionrebellionireland.com/our-values
    PRINCIPLES & VALUES
    WE HAVE A SHARED VISION OF CHANGE
    Creating a world that is fit for generations to come.

WE SET OUR MISSION ON WHAT IS NECESSARY
    Mobilising 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – using ideas such as “Momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.

WE NEED A REGENERATIVE CULTURE
    Creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.

WE OPENLY CHALLENGE OURSELVES AND THIS TOXIC SYSTEM
    Leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.

WE VALUE REFLECTING AND LEARNING
    Following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.

E_R_Green_TW_SQ.png?format=1500w
    The Lucis Trust is dedicated to the establishment of a new and better way of life for everyone in the world based on the fulfillment of the divine plan for humanity. Its educational activities promote recognition and practice of the spiritual principles and values upon which a stable and interdependent world society may be based.

https://www.lucistrust.org/

triangles-microsite-home-img.jpg

Actor and climate podcaster Ceara Carney (right) and psychotherapist Louis Heath dressed as “sea gods
    image.jpg
    Louis is a professional certified mindfulness teacher, retreat leader and forest therapy guide

http://www.mindfulliving.ie/louis-heath.html

Ceara Carney
    Actor, Extra, Model, Influencer

https://www.starnow.ie/cearacarney

1559662138502.JPG--kildare_man_is_behind__adam_and_eve__protest_calling_for_action_on_climate_change_.JPG?1559662138000

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/cormac-nugent-015411190
    Floatation facilitator
    Sli Beatha Float House Naas

http://www.susanbreen.ie/
    Her background is working in the equine industry and most recently as a complimentary therapist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

sabat wrote: »

Oh deary deary me.

that sounds like drivel.
    it doesnt even make sense.

what about people who inhabit the earth currently?
    just give up living fairly ok lives for the benefit of some new humans we will never even meet?
    who cares about them... for all we know they could have the completely opposite opinions to all of the climate activists do now and destroy what they had worked so hard for.

that will happen. the future generations you are so trying to protect are the very ones who wont give a sh!t and will find new exciting ways to destroy all of your so-called hard work.

why dont all the obscenely rich people crying for change, actually you know, put their money where their mouth is?

"we need to stop living in our comfort zones"
    right - off to brazilian rainforests with the lot of ye, and you can enact change where it's apparently needed the most.

you can live in a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

What a cop out! don't agree so must be a troll. I genuinely care about our planet and its future. There needs to be EXTREME action. Some people think that lax measures will suffice but they are wrong> some day the people whop don't take this treat seriously will look back and regret that they did not take action.

Have you sterilized yourself yet? If not, why not?

• Advertisement

Celticfire wrote: »

i would imagine that one has to go through puberty before being able to produce a child, or be made sterile.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Mark Dice put out a horrible video today about climate change activists, inc Greta. Please dislike and report the video please. He is a proper a-hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOE6J8etu0E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

You seem to have missed my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Mark Dice put out a horrible video today about climate change activists, inc Greta. Please dislike and report the video please. He is a proper a-hole

They crucified Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: End the dickish back and forth now. Any further personal potshots will be carded from here on in.

• Advertisement

You seem to have missed my question.

At some stage I will have children but they will be raised in a climate friendly manner. They will be taught how to respect our planet and will become part of the next generation to fight climate change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

26k likes
    138 dislikes. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

WB Yokes wrote: »
    26k likes
    138 dislikes. Best of luck.

All trump bots.

marcos_94 wrote: »

Exactly. Thank you least I know not everyone in here are idiots.

It’s Shameful how David Attenborough is being manipulated by his parents to promote their lefty agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

The climate change deniers in this thread are at pains to define themselves as "clued in" and just the right kind of cynical when the reality is that they're exposing themselves to be the most naive and ignorant of all.

Societal collapse can (and possibly will) happen in the next fifty to one hundred years once the effects of climate change kick in. The sea levels and temperatures will rise, many of the currently occupied places on this planet will be rendered inhospitable and millions of people will become climate refugees.

The major powers will kick off wars in an effort to gain more land for themselves and the whole world will be ungulfed in carnage and chaos until the bomb is dropped, wiping out the rest of life on Earth.

This sounds like science fiction to many of you but it will become our reality if man's influence on the climate is not slowed down dramatically. This is the only time in our history we have faced a challenge of this magnitude and there is absolutely no guarantee that we can survive it if we drop the ball now. The next dozen years will prove to be humanity's most crucial.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    The climate change deniers in this thread are at pains to define themselves as "clued in" and just the right kind of cynical when the reality is that they're exposing themselves to be the most naive and ignorant of all.

Societal collapse can (and possibly will) happen in the next fifty to one hundred years once the effects of climate change kick in. The sea levels and temperatures will rise, many of the currently occupied places on this planet will be rendered inhospitable and millions of people will become climate refugees.

The major powers will kick off wars in an effort to gain more land for themselves and the whole world will be ungulfed in carnage and chaos until the bomb is dropped, wiping out the rest of life on Earth.

This sounds like science fiction to many of you but it will become our reality if man's influence on the climate is not slowed down dramatically. This is the only time in our history we have faced a challenge of this magnitude and there is absolutely no guarantee that we can survive it if we drop the ball now. The next dozen years will prove to be humanity's most crucial.

WHAT A LOAD OF SH!T.

you seem to have a very detailed knowledge of EXACTLY what is going to happen in the next 50-100 years hahahaha

are you mystic meg?

this is all very laughable, considering you began your whole reply by saying that Climate Deniers are Naive and ignorant.

you are literally making up sci-fi nonsense.
    do you actually listen to yourself? you're claiming absolutely bat-sh!t crazy nonsense!!!

it's laughable, but in a way, very worrying that so many gobsh!tes seem to be buying into this climate crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I agree with you completely. This country is backwards! When I arrived here, I couldn't believe that abortion was illegal. I re4ad an article about Ireland years ago about how progressive the country was with the first gay PM. I know its a small country but think of the negative effect that all those years of no abortion is having on the climate now.

Leo was PM about a year before the abortion referendum. I smell BS. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

Woke Hogan wrote: »

That is quite a scary scenario if it were to unfold..So what will you be doing today to help humanity avoid this catastrophe..?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

stratowide wrote: »
    That is quite a scary scenario if it were to unfold..So what will you be doing today to help humanity avoid this catastrophe..?

OOOooooh you've got him there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Does anyone really think this is gonna make a difference? We're ****ed, it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

they should all be shot with a ball of their own sh*t!

Come to think of that, they would probably all love that's and start to compare who's smells better

Lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

galwayllm wrote: »
    they should all be shot with a ball of their own sh*t!

Come to think of that, they would probably all love that's and start to compare who's smells better

Lol...

Who should all be shot this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hahahahaha, deadly, thanks for that. He's hilarious. WTF are some of those courses they are doing over in the US??

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

stratowide wrote: »

What exactly are YOU doing too?

Leo was PM about a year before the abortion referendum. I smell BS. :rolleyes:

I came here August 2017. What point are you trying to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

This post reminds me of Dubya before his bombing campaigns in Iraq - "If you are not with us you are against us".

It is a extreme mentality that drove many dodgy campaigns and movements through history, McCarthyism in the States, the nazis in Germany, the Spanish Inquisition, Stalin's purges. Crush all dissent!

I came here August 2017. What point are you trying to make?

from sweden?

dvdman1 wrote: »
    What exactly are YOU doing too?

most people will do NOTHING, just like you.

• Advertisement

from sweden?

No

Advertisement