Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Protests in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

hcf500 wrote: »
    Mark Dice put out a horrible video today about climate change activists, inc Greta. Please dislike and report the video please. He is a proper a-hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOE6J8etu0E

Did you actually watch that video?

If so, can you tell the truth and say if you actually believe what those young folk are saying?

There are questions being asked in it that aren't even questions. Just a mish-mash of words ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

The vision that Extinction Rebellion and the likes are clambering for are troubling. A return to an attempt to be locally self sufficient, no travel, no international trade, no pursuit of the material goods, be happy that you're doing right by God the Environment. It's straight from Dev's The Ireland That We Dreamed Of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

No

how did you end up so extremely militant about such non-issues then?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

how did you end up so extremely militant about such non-issues then?

If you think the climate is a non issue, it is not worth my time taking you seriously

If you think the climate is a non issue, it is not worth my time taking you seriously

just like i havent taken a single thing you have said seriously, nor has anyone else.

we already have a greta. what makes you think you can be one too?

put me on ignore please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The vision that Extinction Rebellion ... It's straight from Dev's The Ireland That We Dreamed Of

:pac:
    comely new age priestesses in hemp skirts raving on mushies at the crossroads

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

most people will do NOTHING, just like you.

Most people are NOT like you, at least we believe what science is telling us..thats a starting point.

This tread should have went in the direction of ideas like Carbon sequestration, the end of petrol/diesel, absorbtuon rates of trees.....but no it surcomes to ignorance and pointless back forth.

Some friendly advice mate, go educate yourself then come back and talk like a rational human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mark Dice put out a horrible video today about climate change activists, inc Greta. Please dislike and report the video please. He is a proper a-hole

thanks for that never heard of him, pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    The climate change deniers in this thread are at pains to define themselves as "clued in" and just the right kind of cynical when the reality is that they're exposing themselves to be the most naive and ignorant of all.

Societal collapse can (and possibly will) happen in the next fifty to one hundred years once the effects of climate change kick in. The sea levels and temperatures will rise, many of the currently occupied places on this planet will be rendered inhospitable and millions of people will become climate refugees.

The major powers will kick off wars in an effort to gain more land for themselves and the whole world will be ungulfed in carnage and chaos until the bomb is dropped, wiping out the rest of life on Earth.

This sounds like science fiction to many of you but it will become our reality if man's influence on the climate is not slowed down dramatically. This is the only time in our history we have faced a challenge of this magnitude and there is absolutely no guarantee that we can survive it if we drop the ball now. The next dozen years will prove to be humanity's most crucial.

The bits about Societal Collapse, Wars and the whole world engulfed in carnage and chaos are correct.
    But sadly it will have nothing to do with climate change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Thanks for that, I've just liked and subscribed..he's great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

The cocks on the MSNBC bit :D Oh man, what a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It was quite a good video, esp the Greta/Verucca Salt bit. I've subscribed for more.
    I wouldn't really say it's comedy genius though because these U.S. college kids and Lisa Simpson types are often just exploding neutron stars of self parody anyway. The joke writes itself.

Man..I want to buy one of those I heart global warming t shirts..

I won't..but I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Thanks for that, I've just liked and subscribed..he's great!

10 seconds in George Soros.
    Sure sign he's a grifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So what date are these Dublin shutdowns happening?

20Cent wrote: »
    10 seconds in George Soros.
    Sure sign he's a grifter.

Dude..
    Stop calling people grifters..
    Really..
    Please..
    Stop it..

Dude..
    Stop calling people grifters..
    Really..
    Please..
    Stop it..

Grifter.

Grifter.

Really..I want to slap my head off a wall when I see it..I can't remember an occurrence on the internet that was so annoying..

Is the likes of Greta a grifter like?

Really..I want to slap my head off a wall when I see it..I can't remember an occurrence on the internet that was so annoying..

Is the likes of Greta a grifter like?

Is she making loads of money spreading disinformation and lying?

Nope.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Grifter
    Grifter

Well, she got a free trip to NY on a multi million dollar yacht..

It's a benefit in kind really, isn't it?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

are we to seriously abandon our cars, jobs, travel etc to make a few overexageraters happy?

the end of the world will come a lot quicker if industry/food/business/employment/leisure etc dont keep going.

this is a whole ' conversation of the moment' to be replaced by the nect 'conversation of the moment' when that comes.

Well, she got a free trip to NY on a multi million dollar yacht..

It's a benefit in kind really, isn't it?..

No.

Anyway, just stop calling people grifters..

You just sound like you've lost the argument..

Anyway, just stop calling people grifters..

You just sound like you've lost the argument..

There's a mute button use it.

Ws referring to the guy in the video Mark Dice.
    He publishes whatever conspiracy theory nonsense he can come up with for youtube views, likes etc and begs for money.
    Seems to be a mostly right wing phenomenon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

There was a fella around in the 40s that used young girls for his propaganda. His name escapes me.

Ws referring to the guy in the video Mark Dice.
    He publishes whatever conspiracy theory nonsense he can come up with for youtube views, likes etc and begs for money.
    Seems to be a mostly right wing phenomenon.

But I'd miss your insightful witticisms..
    And, like.. that's what pretty much everyone on YouTube does nowadays..

Is blindboy a grifter?

dvdman1 wrote: »
    Most people are NOT like you, at least we believe what science is telling us..thats a starting point.

This tread should have went in the direction of ideas like Carbon sequestration, the end of petrol/diesel, absorbtuon rates of trees.....but no it surcomes to ignorance and pointless back forth.

Some friendly advice mate, go educate yourself then come back and talk like a rational human being.

The reason it gets to this level of back and forth is simply because your side will not accept a single post made by anyone who derails from the narrative that greta the great is saying.

Who is this "we" youre on about anyway? Can you read minds? You dont know how people really think. All ur little pals could be saying one thing and thinking another. You dont know. At least some people are coming on here, not just following the imposed narrative and saying things a bit different. Questioning things, asking stuff that is outside the box. That is what a discussion board is meant to be, a discussion.. not just people from one persuasion instantly trying to discredit different opinions.

Even the very fact that this is being argued about right now is proof of what i said above. You are only posting in a manner that is designed to shut down debate and not in a way that is considered or with any merit whatsoever.

But I'd miss your insightful witticisms..
    And, like.. that's what pretty much everyone on YouTube does nowadays..

Is blindboy a grifter?

Some of his videos:

Liberals Want Bigfoot Added to Endangered Species List
    Moronic Millennials Clueless About Princess Diana
    Liberals Want Mount Rushmore Torn Down for Being "White Supremacist" Monument.
    Liberals Want the White House Painted Brown, Because White is "Offensive" and Symbol of 'White Supremacy'

Does this sound like a serious person to you?
    Someone who is sincere and wants to educate and inform people.

No he's not he is publishing clickbait for right wingers to make money.
    Fair enough there seems to be a big market for it but he is definitely a grifter.

He has been featured on the History Channel's Decoded, Ancient Aliens, and America's Book of Secrets; Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, Secret Societies of Hollywood on E! Channel, America Declassified on the Travel Channel, and is a frequent guest on Coast to Coast AM, The Alex Jones Show, and more. His viral videos have received more than 150 million views and have received international media attention.

Greta is target of the week for the slack jawed yokels to slag off. He age, looks, autism, etc the one thing they don't critique her on is the science.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is she making loads of money spreading disinformation and lying?

Nope.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Grifter
    Grifter

benefit in kind, probably the most obvious example of a grifter.
    considering most people youve called grifters are banned off any monetised platform but are still talking, does that make them grifters still ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

NIMAN wrote: »
    So what date are these Dublin shutdowns happening?

starting october 7th. Ill be loading up a filthy diesel generator into my V8 SUV and carrying round a good tonne of water with a powerwasher to clear the way. Might add in some bleach to give the crusties a good clean too.

Advertisement