Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Protests in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

benefit in kind, probably the most obvious example of a grifter.
    considering most people youve called grifters are banned off any monetised platform but are still talking, does that make them grifters still ?

Who are you referring to?

Do you think Greta is only doing it to enrich herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

20Cent wrote: »
    Who are you referring to?

Do you think Greta is only doing it to enrich herself?

I think her parents have convinced her to do it to generate a viable revenue stream for her future but I somewhat believe that she is genuine and her parents or others have scared her into this alarmist view. If she's not the grifter then she'd a puppet for the grifter one step away.

??,..Maybbe he's trying to be funny..literally everyone on youtube is trying to make money off it now..

So, Is blindboy a grifter?

And, with Greta..tbh, I think a lot of people just see it as cynical manipulation of a child..
    Leave her off like tbh..What would worry me is that she seems to be motivated by hatred..
    She has a really vitriolic look in her eye..It's not right..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

what days are they planning to cause disruption in dublin does anyone know?

I think her parents have convinced her to do it to generate a viable revenue stream for her future but I somewhat believe that she is genuine and her parents or others have scared her into this alarmist view. If she's not the grifter then she'd a puppet for the grifter one step away.

Her parents were against her doing it.
    Patronising to say she isn't genuine or is being manipulated

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

What would worry me is that she seems to be motivated by hatred..
    She has a really vitriolic look in her eye..It's not right..

This exactly what I thought when I seen the speech and when she looked at trump, the hatred in her eyes. Cant be right for young girl to have that much hate in her heart. Shes been brainwashed I think the parents are scum tbh. No doubt they'll earn a few quid from all this.

Instead of slagging off a 16 year old girl how about refuting the claims she makes. Simply write it up and have it published in a peer reviewed journal. Don't forget to pick up your Nobel Prize as well for disproving the vast concensus among scientist, easy.

No one is slagging off a sixteen year old..

Scientific journals aren't what they used to be..They whole 'mein feminist kampf' showed that really..

But in relation to climate etc..Its a non linear chaotic system..It has already started to bifurcate..There's a possibility we might end up better off just saying **** it and moving it along as fast as possible..you never really know..trying to retard it could make it worse..

You never know really..

No one is slagging off a sixteen year old..

Scientific journals aren't what they used to be..They whole 'mein feminist kampf' showed that really..

But in relation to climate etc..Its a non linear chaotic system..It has already started to bifurcate..There's a possibility we might end up better off just saying **** it and moving it along as fast as possible..you never really know..trying to retard it could make it worse..

You never know really..

She is getting dogs abuse, grown ass adults slagging off a kid so shameful.

Test your theory and publish it.
    Enjoy the Nobel Prize.

She is getting dogs abuse, grown ass adults slagging off a kid so shameful.

Test your theory and publish it.
    Enjoy the Nobel Prize.

I'll share it with you..

Say you inspired me to get up off my hole and figure this **** out..

We can cut Greta in on it too..seeing as she inspired the conversation..

Microsoft Word is surely up on the pirate bay..

• Advertisement

I'll share it with you..

Say you inspired me to get up off my hole and figure this **** out..

We can cut Greta in on it too..seeing as she inspired the conversation..

Microsoft Word is surely up on the pirate bay..

No point just sharing it with just me.
    Would need to be published.
    You could mention Greta and myself in the acknowledgements section.

Go for it.

You're making the acceptance speech..

Greta is too contrary looking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Do these morons ever think of ambulances and emergency services trying to move around an already congested city center when doing their shut down the city nonsense?

the reason GT is in the position she's in is because any criticism she receives can be labelled "abuse of a child". Pretty cynical to say the least.

Most scientists agree on this stuff, so why isnt an adult scientist with legitimate credentials at the forefront of this movement? see above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

the reason GT is in the position she's in is because any criticism she receives can be labelled "abuse of a child". Pretty cynical to say the least.

Most scientists agree on this stuff, so why isnt an adult scientist with legitimate credentials at the forefront of this movement? see above.

Because nobody listens to scientists, isn't that her whole point?

Because nobody listens to scientists, isn't that her whole point?
    And people are going to listen to a petulant child?

They have been saying it for years. People weren't listening.

She is wildly popular, has a massive following and governments are taking notice. "Petulant" another smear.

She sure does rile up the alt right types.

She is literally being petulant..

She is wildly popular, has a massive following and governments are taking notice. "Petulant" another smear.

She sure does rile up the alt right types.
    Sorry i wont be shamed into genuflecting to this kid and her doomsday cultism.

She's the Kony 2012 of 2019. She's a meme. She's "raising awareness" of something i was taught in school 25 years ago. People arent unaware or intellectually incapable of grasping the argument.

The difficulty is actually coming up with policies that will make a difference without ripping the arse out of people's quality of life.

• Advertisement

Sorry i wont be shamed into genuflecting to this kid and her doomsday cultism.

She's the Kony 2012 of 2019. She's a meme. She's "raising awareness" of something i was taught in school 25 years ago. People arent unaware or intellectually incapable of grasping the argument.

The difficulty is actually coming up with policies that will make a difference without ripping the arse out of people's quality of life.

They are unfortunately, look at most of the posts in this thread and the president of the USA.

They are unfortunately, look at most of the posts in this thread and the president of the USA.
    but this kid is not gonna change their minds. Look, the kid has moxie, she's a heavily managed figurehead of a movement with weird doomsday leanings which do the cause no favours but she's got moxie and i hope this dosnt mess her up. But what we need is boring well thought out hard nosed policies, not memes and soundbites - leave those to Trump.

but this kid is not gonna change their minds. Look, the kid has moxie, she's a heavily managed figurehead of a movement with weird doomsday leanings which do the cause no favours but she's got moxie and i hope this dosnt mess her up. But what we need is boring well thought out hard nosed policies, not memes and soundbites - leave those to Trump.

She is putting pressure on the people who make the policies.
    They are happy doing nothing, change comes about when it is an issue to the population. She is getting people active on the issue. There are votes and support for green policies. Thats how it works.

we shall see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭buried

What is it with the likes of RTE going giddy mad over these protests? Was listening to Drivetime last Friday and that Mary Wilson wan was like she was
    sensually doped up on **** crack talking about these "protests" for over 40 minutes, how great they were, how great the protesters were, went to every town and village in the country to ask "what the massive turnout was"

When the water protests were on and hundreds of thousands marched for that issue, RTE treated the story like 4 or 5 cranks were sitting outside the GPO and that was that.

buried wrote: »
    What is it with the likes of RTE going giddy mad over these protests? Was listening to Drivetime last Friday and that Mary Wilson wan was like she was
    sensually doped up on **** crack talking about these "protests" for over 40 minutes, how great they were, how great the protesters were, went to every town and village in the country to ask "what the massive turnout was"

When the water protests were on and hundreds of thousands marched for that issue, RTE treated the story like 4 or 5 cranks were sitting outside the GPO and that was that.

this is the editorial line the state broadcaster is taking. this is a middle class movement, more in keeping with the Montrose set

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The fact millions of people are now talking about her daily, for better or for worse, would prove that yes. Its at least getting people talking about a major environmental issue, that has thus far failed to become a conversation amongst general society despite efforts from plenty of other prominent figures in the scientific community to push for that to happen. So this petulant child has helped a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

wakka12 wrote: »
    Its at least getting people talking about a major environmental issue
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Better than what it was before, no talk and no action. Talk has to come first at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭buried

this is the editorial line the state broadcaster is taking. this is a middle class movement, more in keeping with the Montrose set

Oh I know SC, but that even makes it more weird and twisted, the same Montrose set that drive the big Audi's, have the big houses that need to be heated for 7 months here, drink the Nestle produced San Pellegrino sparkling water. The whole giddy showboat is completely and utterly disingenuous. And turns everyone else off the issue. Its really weird.

Advertisement