Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Lift/Table

Options
  • 24-09-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Just wondering what folks thoughts are on these? I'm sure anyone that has one has a very happy back and knees but the the E600 odd outlay is a bit off putting particularly if I don't end up using it as much as I intend (not a mechanic but do a significant amount of maintenance etc myself). Anyone ever attempt the DIY route and build something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I bought the smaller lifts that go under the bike and lift from the centre

I've used it tones and it's been invaluable. It doesnt suit all bikes nor does it suit all types of work.

Would I buy again ? Yes but probably a table this time.

Mine was 150. But you can get full tables on done deal for 500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Had a friendly carpenter make me a sturdy table and ramp. Its about a foot and a half high with fold down sides so i can get up close. For 90% of jobs that height and a low mechanics wheely stool is bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

I bought a proper table a few years ago and it's one of the best tools I've ever invested in.
    Right now I have my lawnmower and power washer on it for a bit of badly need work, when not needed I drop it down and stand it upright tied to a wall, a good investment !

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I made one a couple of years ago, use a two ton trolley jack to lift it. Great job, makes working on the bike a pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I have one for...15+ years: sold a bike I wasn't using and instead of buying another bike, bought the lift. Best decision ever: no matter how much it costs.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    I bought the smaller lifts that go under the bike and lift from the centre

I've used it tones and it's been invaluable. It doesnt suit all bikes nor does it suit all types of work.

Would I buy again ? Yes but probably a table this time.

Mine was 150. But you can get full tables on done deal for 500

Same here but the other way around.

Bought the scissor lift type you mentioned when I found the H-D too hard to get on the bench.

As an aside, the cruiser lift also lifts a Vespa perfectly!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭D3V!L

galwaytt wrote: »
    Same here but the other way around.

Bought the scissor lift type you mentioned when I found the H-D too hard to get on the bench.

As an aside, the cruiser lift also lifts a Vespa perfectly!

I'm going to have to go down the same route. A lot of benches within financial reach wouldn't take the weight of my bike.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm going to have to go down the same route. A lot of benches within financial reach wouldn't take the weight of my bike.

My lift would lift 500kg - what bike have you got that's so heavy ?? My Harley issue is the size, not the weight if it (365kg)

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭D3V!L

galwaytt wrote: »
    My lift would lift 500kg - what bike have you got that's so heavy ?? My Harley issue is the size, not the weight if it (365kg)

It's an Ultra Limited. What bench have you got ? I couldn't find many over the 400kilo limit.

D3V!L wrote: »
    It's an Ultra Limited. What bench have you got ? I couldn't find many over the 400kilo limit.

tbh, 500kg should be common: here's what I have: http://remo-motorradhebebuehnen.de/motorrad-hebebuehne-ml5h/

This is my bike when I got it first:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~moylan/ML5H-001.jpg

http://homepage.eircom.net/~moylan/ML5H-002.jpg

You can tell by the page how long that is !! :pac:

[edit]...just seen this model.....mmmm......http://remo-motorradhebebuehnen.de/motorrad-buehne-powerlift-1000/ [/edit]

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I prefer small lifts because they cover less space, but some small lifts are bad a quality and unable to carry heavyweight. Lift table of Titan Ramp could be a great option. It doesn't only carry 1000 LBS and has suitable dimensions as well. If you want to see a variety of options, then you can see this list of best lift table and can go with a compatible option.

Moreover, you must consider the following factors before buying a motorbike lift table.

Dimensions
    Load Capacity
    Material
    Lifting height
    Lift Time
    Reviews of customers
    Price
    Safety measures.

Hopefully, you will go with the right option. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Here's what I did. It's an 8'x4' 3/4" sheet of ply ripped down the middle to make a 2m and 1m length which butt together to make 3m. The height I made it was 450mm. It's not as conducive to servicing as it is to longer term projects but I'm halfway through a project and I'm delighted with it as I'm quite tall and SICK of the pains and exhaustion to climbing up and down off my knees.

510696.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

How you holding the bike standing when up on it

I thought about finding a way of clamping the front wheel but I realised it wouldn't be a decision I'd have to make today or tomorrow given the project I have in hand.

I designed to be large enough (up to 3m) for a large bike with front and back paddock stands so they wouldn't overhang the end of the platform. I have a beam running lengthways in the rafters of my shed so with some improvised chocking and some straps to stabilise everything and bob's your skinflint uncle.

Advertisement