If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Paddy El wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a turntable and am looking at the Rega Planar 1 and Planar 1 Plus.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13006-rega-planar-1-black-limited-lifetime-warranty-turntable-black.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13371-rega-planar-1-plus-black-turntable-with-phono-amp-built-in.aspx

My receiver (20 year old Sony) has a phono stage but I am assuming the one built in the the Planar 1 Plus would be superior. Also, I do plan to upgrade the receiver at some stage and possibly the next one wouldn't have a phono stage in which case the Plus would make sense. Or maybe the standard Planar 1 now and then add a separate phono stage should I need one down the line?

Would welcome any thoughts. What would be the best price on each of these items? Euros or pounds, doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

They are both fantastic turntables but I think the Rega Planar 1 Plus would make the most sense as it has a great Phono Stage built in so it will pair with any amp. It has the Rega Fono Mini A2D built in which is an award winning phono stage so unless you are looking to go more high end on the pre amp down the line I think you'll get a fantastic sound off the Planar 1 Plus.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy El

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a turntable and am looking at the Rega Planar 1 and Planar 1 Plus.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13006-rega-planar-1-black-limited-lifetime-warranty-turntable-black.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13371-rega-planar-1-plus-black-turntable-with-phono-amp-built-in.aspx

My receiver (20 year old Sony) has a phono stage but I am assuming the one built in the the Planar 1 Plus would be superior. Also, I do plan to upgrade the receiver at some stage and possibly the next one wouldn't have a phono stage in which case the Plus would make sense. Or maybe the standard Planar 1 now and then add a separate phono stage should I need one down the line?

Would welcome any thoughts. What would be the best price on each of these items? Euros or pounds, doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

They are both fantastic turntables but I think the Rega Planar 1 Plus would make the most sense as it has a great Phono Stage built in so it will pair with any amp. It has the Rega Fono Mini A2D built in which is an award winning phono stage so unless you are looking to go more high end on the pre amp down the line I think you'll get a fantastic sound off the Planar 1 Plus.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I'm going to go with the Plus. I did say euros or pounds doesn't matter but my bank will slap on a 2% fee for a non euro transaction so I'll pay euros. Is 369 the best price on this?

Thanks,

Paddy.

Hi,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

I'm going to go with the Plus. I did say euros or pounds doesn't matter but my bank will slap on a 2% fee for a non euro transaction so I'll pay euros. Is 369 the best price on this?

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

369 euro would be the best price on that but it does include shipping to ROI.

You can order online at www.richersounds.ie or you can order over the phone if you prefer?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

You can order online at www.richersounds.ie or you can order over the phone if you prefer?

Kind regards

David
    That's grand David. I'll order online tomorrow or Friday. Don't want it until after the weekend.

Thanks,

Paddy.

Hi,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,

Paddy.
    Hi Paddy,

Kind regards

David
    That's grand David. I'll order online tomorrow or Friday. Don't want it until after the weekend.

Thanks,

Paddy.
    No problem Paddy, let me know if you have any issues!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Ordered this evening.

Thanks for the help David.

Ordered this evening.

Thanks for the help David.
    Thanks for the order Paddy El!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.