Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Media 3rd party Router

• 24-09-2019 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Having issues with WiFi in the house with virgin Media, our box is the router and TV combined (don't have the small white box router) and it's completely useless

Just constant drop offs every 20 minutes, we got a new box sent out to us about 3 months, but again they sent the same box we have already

Really just sick of it and ideally want a 3rd party router I can just connect to the current box and use that instead

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

Have you exhausted checking for all other sources of interference? You may not see a noticeable improvement in service if there are other problems with your network. The ISP supplied hardware isn't that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Try asking them for the standalone hub which you can then put into bridge mode and connect a third party router to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ugglasdav wrote: »
    Hi all

Having issues with WiFi in the house with virgin Media, our box is the router and TV combined (don't have the small white box router) and it's completely useless

Just constant drop offs every 20 minutes, we got a new box sent out to us about 3 months, but again they sent the same box we have already

Really just sick of it and ideally want a 3rd party router I can just connect to the current box and use that instead

Any suggestions?

Are you still within a fixed term contract? If not, tell them you're leaving unless your kit gets upgraded. (We have Virgin in the UK and it's 2 separate boxes, V6 box is soooooo much better for TV than anything I've used before from them, is it an option in Ireland?)

I remember my parents had that all in one TV/router box thing, it was dreadful. They moved to eircom in the end as VM weren't helpful.

Advertisement