If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 50"

Options
  • 24-09-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently bought a tv from you guys and just have a query. Should I be able to get Saorview on the tv that I have directly?

The tv is a Hisense 50" 4K TV
    50 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play.

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi there,

I recently bought a tv from you guys and just have a query. Should I be able to get Saorview on the tv that I have directly?

The tv is a Hisense 50" 4K TV
    50 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview Play.

Thanks.
    Hi IHateNewShoes,

You will be able to get Free To Air channels however I have checked the Saorview approved website and I don;t see Hisense listed as a supported manufacturer so I would need to look into it a bit further for you.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

100% you will be able to get Saorview ( once of course you are in a Saorview reception area and have a suitable aerial)

Any issues just drop us a line,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Hi lads,

I have the aerial but I haven't been able to get it installed. Is there an installation guide anywhere for this by any chance?

Regards,

Alan

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lads,

I have the aerial but I haven't been able to get it installed. Is there an installation guide anywhere for this by any chance?

Regards,

Alan
    Hi Alan.

Is it an outside aerial you are looking to install?
    If it is I wouldn't really watch an installation video for this and it might be best left to a company who would do this. I wouldn't fancy falling from a roof without using the proper equipment.

If its an indoor one then this would not be an issue as it would be pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Yeah it's an inside one. So I have a port in the wall and have the correct lead going into my TV.

I am in an apartment block so the aerial should be okay as it is working in other apartments.

Its when I get to the actual installation stage on the tv where i am not getting much success. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Yeah it's an inside one. So I have a port in the wall and have the correct lead going into my TV.

I am in an apartment block so the aerial should be okay as it is working in other apartments.

Its when I get to the actual installation stage on the tv where i am not getting much success. 
    Hi IHateNewShoes.

Are you picking up any stations at all or does it just scan at 0?

Once the aerial is connected and the TV turned on then once it gets to the channel scan it should pick up all available stations.

Could it be possible that the cable you have is damaged or faulty? Might you have another aerial (small indoor one) you could try or even another TV to try the aerial cable on?

It should be a straight forward process in tuning the stations in and I can't remember the last time I came across a television with a faulty tuner. (Not to say it can't happen).

Let me know what you think.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...TBH its more likely that the aerial 'port' in the wall is not a Saorview feed - it would be really unusual to see a Saorview feed in an apartment block, it is far more likely that it is a feed for UPC or another service provider that requites a set-top box and subscription.

I would check with your management company the exact specification of the aerial feed - again it is really unusual to see an apartment block with a free-to-air Saorview feed - and adding to Kenny above, whilst it is possible it really is highly unlikely that there is a tuner fault..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.