Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCB...

Options
  • 24-09-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭

I had an accident in January 2014, I had been with the same insurance company for 5 years, from 2013, I changed my insurance to a different company recently and they needed the NCB documents, I went back to my 2013 insurer but they would only give me a document for 2 years NCB, when I questioned them they said because I didn't renew my insurance with them that they withheld a Year, is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

If you haven't been insured since 2013 then your NCB will have lapsed (2 year validity)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I had been with the same insurance company for 5 years, from 2013
    If you haven't been insured since 2013 then your NCB will have lapsed (2 year validity)

I think you may have misread the OP's post. He's saying that he was insured withe same Company for the 5 years since 2013.

Regarding the Op's question, simply from what he is saying no this does not sound right. You either have a certain number of years claims-free, or you don't. The Insurer can't just knock a year of claims free driving off his record just because he didn't renew with them. There may be more to it than this. Perhaps he should contact them again and get a more detailed answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    I think you may have misread the OP's post. He's saying that he was insured withe same Company for the 5 years since 2013.

Regarding the Op's question, simply from what he is saying no this does not sound right. You either have a certain number of years claims-free, or you don't. The Insurer can't just knock a year of claims free driving off his record just because he didn't renew with them. There may be more to it than this. Perhaps he should contact them again and get a more detailed answer.

Will get in touch with them again... It's cost me an extra 93€ with my current insurer because of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement