Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPAD, iPhone, iCloud & photos

Options
  • 24-09-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

My daughter has an iPhone & an iPAD, which she currently has both connected to the same iCloud account.

She has her photo sharing setup so that all her photos are on iCloud & visible on both devices with optimised storage. She now wants to have all her photos up to now on her iPAD only, and new photos from today onwards on her iPhone & iCloud.

So this is what I have done :

1. I set her iPAD to download all photos & videos from iCloud (i.e. not optimised storage).

2. I logged out of iCloud on the iPAD

3. (Not yet done) I will delete all her photos on iCloud using her iPhone

Is that the correct approach?

Also if at some stage in the future she logs back into iCloud on her iPad how does she stop her old photos getting uploaded again?

Assuming we can stop an automatic upload, will it be possible to do a similar "archive" of new photos that are on iCloiud onto the same iPAD in a similar manner to above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

What you’ve done so far is fine.

The best way to stop the iPad photos from being uploaded to iCloud again is to move them out of the photos app. For example, to OneDrive, Google Drive, or iCloud Drive. If she has a lot of photos that will be a lot easier with a computer. Just remember she will lose the features of the app, like albums and memories.

She doesn’t actually need to sign out of iCloud on the iPad - she will lose other features like Find my iPad. Switching off iCloud photos is enough.

Advertisement