Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World on Fire - BBC 1

• 24-09-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭

Starts on Sunday at 9:00pm

Starring Sean Bean & Helen Hunt
    As the threat of the Nazi regime looms large over Europe, translator Harry Chase vows to help his Polish lover Kasia flee Warsaw, but does not know how to explain this to his sweetheart Lois, who is waiting for him at home in Manchester. Meanwhile, American journalist and broadcaster Nancy Campbell is at the Polish-German border, making a grisly discovery.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How long till Sean's character is killed off :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I really enjoyed the first episode not the normal cliche story as well, it looked fantastic as well, I thought it must be a co production but looks like it's just BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hardly recognised Helen Hunt as the American journalist...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I really like her as an actress....but she looks kind of odd...her lips especially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any of ye been watching this? The scale of the show is pretty impressive, the fall of Warsaw was very well done. Some plots are better than others, the American doctor's plot seems pointless so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

odyssey06 wrote: »
    gmisk wrote: »
    I really like her as an actress....but she looks kind of odd...her lips especially

Her face looks like someone on the old Jason Byrne 'Anonymous' show in some scenes, the make up or prosthetics are ridiculous - whatever look they were trying to achieve she just looks like she has been covered in plastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The action is very well staged, with the mix of CGI and proper pyrotechnics well handled. The Stuka attack was better than your usual TV standard.

The action is very well staged, with the mix of CGI and proper pyrotechnics well handled. The Stuka attack was better than your usual TV standard.
    I agree the scenes in Dunkirk were really well done.
    I find the whole thing pretty gripping, Lesley Manville is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on VM1 on Monday at 10pm

Advertisement