Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller fights

Options
  • 25-09-2019 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Joe Joyce Jr and Dougie Joyce are feuding.

There has been an agreement in principle to have a fair fight out the road but a date hasn't been set yet.

Dougie wants the fight in 5 weeks from now, whereas Joe wants 12/13 weeks to train.

This all started over the small matter of 100 pound Joe owed to Dougies brother for cocaine.

Love me some traveller fights.

It will be a good fight with the help of God.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Dougie has some big words for Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Realistically dougie if u want to go by that phone call this isn’t even your fight !! It’s your brothers who’s terrified of joe ! No ones Lookin to call any bluffs , joe has said give him the time to train and he’ll fight !! What your tryna do is a simey mcginly trying to land on someone’s door known there not fit to fight to the standard they can !! I’d a lot of tine for u for the fact you went on like a proper man but now your playing mcginlys mindgames !! Give the man time to train and believe me you’ll have your fight ! If not stop takin up for your brother who showed his true colours in his last fight and let him go out to joe ! That’s what it’s all about realistically isn’t it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

It would be funny if Joe surprised Dougie on the day and rocked up to thump the head off him. Catch him slipping.

Joe's a very good man to box in fairness. His last fight was awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

It's weird how similar they all seem to be, with just about any other grouping there's usually some divergence of culture, habits and tastes, personalities, politics and so forth, but that clip is just about any Traveller in Ireland/the UK.

Thelonious wrote: »
    Dougie wants the fight in 5 weeks from now, whereas Joe wants 12/13 weeks to train.

It looks like Dougie expects Joe not to show in 5 weeks. He even accused Joe of turning up on his date and claiming victory by default.

Dougie has warning that if Joe does this, he should also expect a dogfight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

I seen Apollo Ward has called out Joe Joyce, looks like Joe is too scared to respond. Anyone have the audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I see Thomas Cook has floundered after 178 years. It was started by a very Christian man but could not survive this age of declining faith. Just shows, nothing good can come of the abandonment of God.

Joe Joyce Jr

I remember watching some of those fights on you tube a couple of years ago. Is Joe - if I recall right - that fat and weirdly hairy guy who always fights topless and somehow seems to shout the word "neee-arse" every time he throws his version of a punch?

I remember being in stitches laughing watching his fight against some guy called Kevin or was it Kieran. Every time he shouted "nee-arse" I simply broke down in giggles :) I can find the link if you want. It must be in my history somewhere.
    Love me some traveller fights.

Can not imagine why. If any of the fights I ever watched are anything to go by there is absolutely no style grace or training in play there. Not a single one of them would give me a bit of trouble. Any video I watched was nothing more than a couple of beer bellies dancing around each other with one or more people shouting over and over again "Will ya shake hands lads will ya".

But I am open to correction. Pick out the best fight you can from the material there - your absolute favourite - and give me a link to watch.

Traveller street bowling with 500 bets going on every bowl - now that's worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

dd973 wrote: »
    It's weird how similar they all seem to be, with just about any other grouping there's usually some divergence of culture, habits and tastes, personalities, politics and so forth, but that clip is just about any Traveller in Ireland/the UK.

That clip doesn't sound like any Traveller accent I've ever heard. It doesn't even have any insults in it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Savages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I see Thomas Cook has floundered after 178 years. It was started by a very Christian man but could not survive this age of declining faith. Just shows, nothing good can come of the abandonment of God.

Did you get boxed around in a traveller fight or something, what's this got to do with boxing?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Paddy ‘Jaws’ Ward would make light work of either of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Most of them are very poor fighters. Dancing around like fools afraid of getting hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Can not imagine why. If any of the fights I ever watched are anything to go by there is absolutely no style grace or training in play there. Not a single one of them would give me a bit of trouble.

I seen the video of one of them in a barn somewhere in England, that's the only one i ever seen and thought "Jaysus that is 2 tough men there"

Most of the rest consist basically of 2 arseholes chasing each other around a carpark for a hug until they get tired and call it a draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ballinasloe should be interesting this weekend, the horse fair is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

We should start a listing on the thread of the best and funniest traveler call outs.
    My favourite one is Simey o Donnell christening the Joyce's as junkies ratpoison bastards. And Big Joe's son Davy Joyce calling Simey a shíte in a bucket handicap innocent boy.

Anyway, where is this fight due to take place?
    I'd love to go to one of these fights to look on, albeit from a safe distance with a quick exit of need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Soon enough wearing vests and fighting like animals by non - Travelers will be deemed cultural appropriation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I often hear the term "kicking money " in these call outs. What exactly is it? Is it like a deposit that is forfeitted if one of the fighters starts kicking?

And what is a Fairplay Man? Is it a sort of referee or something for the fight?

Paddy Ward vs Barney McGinley was a great fight. Paddy Ward never taking a step back and countering McGinley's advances with power and precision.

Big Joe Joyce and Celebrity Paddy Doherty showing tha fair play. Big Joe's sons there watching too, all good men to box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Paddy Ward vs Barney McGinley was a great fight. Paddy Ward never taking a step back and countering McGinley's advances with power and precision.

Big Joe Joyce and Celebrity Paddy Doherty showing tha fair play. Big Joe's sons there watching too, all good men to box.

At least they had a representative from the WBF to oversee the bout.

I presume that's the guy in the suit.

• Advertisement

I often hear the term "kicking money " in these call outs. What exactly is it? Is it like a deposit that is forfeitted if one of the fighters starts kicking?

And what is a Fairplay Man? Is it a sort of referee or something for the fight?

Kicking money is a deposit that is forfeit if one man backs out of the agreed fight. It's basically to compensate for time taken to train. It's nothing to do with fouling.

The fairplay men are there to referee the fight. It is usually one fairplay man for each man so two at any given fight. Normally it's a neutral traveller man but in some cases he might be from the extended family. Agreeing on fairplay men can be a contentious issue.

Allinall wrote: »
    At least they had a representative from the WBF to oversee the bout.

I presume that's the guy in the suit.

Alex Jones makes an appearance at 19:45 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

flazio wrote: »
    Ballinasloe should be interesting this weekend, the horse fair is on.

Amazing they havn't started the organised horse fighting :

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Did you get boxed around in a traveller fight or something, what's this got to do with boxing?

Must the the ol` Alzheimers setting in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I cant believe the most important thing about this and all other feuds is being overlooked.

They call videos 'tapes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Can not imagine why. If any of the fights I ever watched are anything to go by there is absolutely no style grace or training in play there. Not a single one of them would give me a bit of trouble. Any video I watched was nothing more than a couple of beer bellies dancing around each other with one or more people shouting over and over again "Will ya shake hands lads will ya".

But I am open to correction. Pick out the best fight you can from the material there - your absolute favourite - and give me a link to watch.

Traveller street bowling with 500 bets going on every bowl - now that's worth watching.

Dunno about that. A lot of the lads doing bare knuckle fights also have a decent amateur pedigree, Davy Joyce etc I think boxed at a reasonably high level in the ABAs. I competed in boxing for years and there's plenty of Traveller fellas I met I wouldn't like to have a scrap with in a million years, the idea someone like Jaws Ward or whatnot would be "no bother" is fanciful enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

My favourite part is after 1 minute and someone says "the law is the law" hahahaha hahaha

I remember watching some of those fights on you tube a couple of years ago. Is Joe - if I recall right - that fat and weirdly hairy guy who always fights topless and somehow seems to shout the word "neee-arse" every time he throws his version of a punch?

I think that's Snr. you're referring to not Jnr. (I could be wrong). I remember watching a documentary("Knuckle" ) including him few years back with some very posh Dublin accent guy narrating it.
    (apparently he was quite a good boxer)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah, a Traveller bashing thread. Literally, this time. So many good-for-nothing bowsies out there that wont stand and make a fight. On the other hand, some daycent boys that were never bet in their life, God bless them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Junkie Dougie Joyce.

Even the greatest orator would struggle with that one.

Advertisement