Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Answer the question!

It was a telephone call between two leaders. No more no less.

Now, how much will we put on that bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If Bolton testifies he’s gone imo.

Of course he will, apparently he just signed a pretty lucrative book deal and he has a few scores to settle.

Yeah let's completely forget the transcript, text messages.. what mulveney has said etc... No evidence... It was all perfect!

I thought it wasnt a transcript? I thought it was a "memorandum of a transcript"? This thread's resident Epstein apologist was in here pointing that out the other day. If what has been published is the transcript then those making accusations are even more deranged than i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

SJW Lover wrote: »
    It was a telephone call between two leaders. No more no less.

Now, how much will we put on that bet?

And the withholding aid for political dirt on an opponent?

Strangely you seem to have omitted that part.
    What would that amount to?

We are talking about the content of that phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,432 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you think this will lead anywhere then you arent paying attention.

Ps it absolutely 100% was not bribery. And the fact that they wont put their only primary witness on the stand and would prefer to rely on hearsay just highlights how weak this is.

Their primary witness refuses to take the stand.

Donald Trump is welcome any time

• Advertisement

I used murder as an example. The principle applies in this matter. My preconceptions are fine, thanks.

I called the police once for gunshots at my apartment. How important would my appearance in court have been, then, given that when police arrived minutes later they heard the gunshots for themselves?

Do you think it’s a grave injustice that the drunk asshole firing rounds/shooting cans whatever into the night in a college town for kicks didn’t get to hear from me at his hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Says the man breathlessly posting about how Robert Mueller was going to be the end of days for the Trump White House.

All my posts are up for all to see. I contend that you are talking out of your hole. You have access to all of my posts so it should be easy enough to demonstrate that you aren't talking out of your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I thought it wasnt a transcript? I thought it was a "memorandum of a transcript"? This thread's resident Epstein apologist was in here pointing that out the other day. If what has been published is the transcript then those making accusations are even more deranged than i thought.

Okay the whatever trump released to the public!!! Ignore the text messages, ignore what mulvaney and sondland have said also.. ignore what vindman has said he heard on the phone call that backs up what the whistleblower started, that hey I've heard there was problems with what was said on the phone this call needs to be looked at. Just ignore everything. Everyone else is crazy.. we also ignore trump's lawyer being on a host of news stations screaming about look to Ukraine/bidens/2016/server.
    It's actually all them crazy Dems cooking up this sh!t storm, it's what it would be if the GOP would actually put the health of their country before trump.
    I don't think this will go anywhere when it gets to the senate, the GOP have sunk themselves so deep into the racket of protecting trump it'll end there.
    The damning thing that I've heard is sondland explaining to Taylor how things were going to work for the aid to be released.
    That trump is a businessman, when a businessman feels he's owed something he wants what is owed paid up front. That totally sounds like a trump thing to say/think/act in that way.

Overheal wrote: »
    I called the police once for gunshots at my apartment. How important would my appearance in court have been, then, given that when police arrived minutes later they heard the gunshots for themselves?

Do you think it’s a grave injustice that the drunk asshole firing rounds/shooting cans whatever into the night in a college town for kicks didn’t get to hear from me at his hearing?

Gunshots are hearsay now :pac: i'd say your bed at home is in bits with all the twisting and turning.

All my posts are up for all to see. I contend that you are talking out of your hole. You have access to all of my posts so it should be easy enough to demonstrate that you aren't talking out of your hole.

You're correct, all your posts are up there for all to see. Hence my complete lack of interest or respect in your opinion.

• Advertisement

And the withholding aid for political dirt on an opponent?

Strangely you seem to have omitted that part.
    What would that amount to?

We are talking about the content of that phone call.

So, not willing to put any money on it, gotcha :D

It's actually all them crazy Dems cooking up this sh!t storm

Exactly. Finally, some sense.

And what's worse, the Dems dont realise they are shooting themselves in the foot with this spurious impeachment. The latest black mark in their rush to find something, anything, to take the bad orange man down.

Unless it is Bernie, they have absolutely no chance. And watch, they are going to rob Bernie of his nomination yet.

You're correct, all your posts are up there for all to see. Hence my complete lack of interest or respect in your opinion.

Meh, I just wanted it on record that you're talking out of your hole. That's all.

Meh, I just wanted it on record that you're talking out of your hole. That's all.

I dont understand. You seem annoyed? I thought that is only the preserve of the "Trumpers"?

Here's a suggestion. When you see a post of mine, dont respond to it. That seems to be where you've caught yourself out here.

Now, off you go and have some dinner. Jake Tapper will be on soon to refill your brain with thoughts :D

Gunshots are hearsay now

As are explosions heard at 9/11

I had no evidence, I had no transcript of gunshots, no audio recording of gunshots. Just me SAYING that I HEARD gunshots.

And you know what? It was INVESTIGATED.

As are explosions heard at 9/11

I had no evidence, I had no transcript of gunshots, no audio recording of gunshots. Just me SAYING that I HEARD gunshots.

And you know what? It was INVESTIGATED.

So you're in favour of nefarious acts being investigated? Noted :D

So you're in favour of nefarious acts being investigated? Noted :D

Indeed, here we are with the impeachment inquiry.

I dont understand. You seem annoyed? I thought that is only the preserve of the "Trumpers"?

Here's a suggestion. When you see a post of mine, dont respond to it. That seems to be where you've caught yourself out here.

Now, off you go and have some dinner. Jake Tapper will be on soon to refill your brain with thoughts :D

Like I said, you're talking out of your hole.

Speaking of impeachment enquiry, did any of the Republicans actually manage to get any evidence to show that Trump didn't ask Ukraine to publicly investigate the Bidens in return for the held military aid?

I know that they said a lot of stuff but most of what I saw seemed to be directed at the types of people who think Hannity is a straight-shooter. I don't remember seeing anything of substance to contradict the testimony of Taylor and Kent which corroborated the central claims of the whistleblower's complaint?

Their bit centered around neither of the two listening in on the call, and the release of Ukrainian aid 2 days after the House Intelligence Committee learned of the whistleblower complaint in early September, which republicans argued “proved” there was no QPQ

• Advertisement

An inquiry destined for abject failure.

But no investigation of Hunter Biden allowed of course. Kicked out of the Navy in disgrace and months later given a job on a Ukrainian energy company's board with zero experience in said sector on a monthly stipend of somewhere between €50k and €80k. All while his father is Vice President. No reason to investigate anything there of course. All perfectly above board as he is on your team.

Delicious hypocrisy which will bite the Dems in the behind.

Like I said, you're talking out of your hole.

You seem really annoyed :D are you sure you're not a "Trumper" in disguise?

Honestly, tone down the insults and try to stick to the subject. Just makes you look like you have nothing useful to add. Although, as you said, your posts are there for all to see :pac:

Speaking of impeachment enquiry, did any of the Republicans actually manage to get any evidence to show that Trump didn't ask Ukraine to publicly investigate the Bidens in return for the held military aid?

Evidence that someone didnt do something. Same thing with the Russiagate hoax. Not for anyone to prove anything apart from the Dems. A pretty important principle. Kudos for trying though.

But no investigation of Hunter Biden allowed of course. Kicked out of the Navy in disgrace and months later given a job on a Ukrainian energy company's board with zero experience in said sector on a monthly stipend of somewhere between €50k and €80k. All while his father is Vice President. No reason to investigate anything there of course. All perfectly above board as he is on your team.

After Shokin was fired Lutsenko conducted a 10 month long investigation into Burisma holdings of which Biden was a board member, and into its owner. No charges filed.

Evidence that someone didnt do something. Same thing with the Russiagate hoax. Not for anyone to prove anything apart from the Dems. A pretty important principle. Kudos for trying though.

Exculpatory evidence is a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

And what's worse, the Dems dont realise they are shooting themselves in the foot with this spurious impeachment. The latest black mark in their rush to find something, anything, to take the bad orange man down.

Unless it is Bernie, they have absolutely no chance. And watch, they are going to rob Bernie of his nomination yet.

When did mulveny and sondland become Dems? Sondland with the fear of God in him (proven facts) changed his testimony to confirm that the aid was being withheld until investigations were announced otherwise he'd be heading off to nice cosy jail cell. Mulveney is seeking to take trump to court so he can testify?

What you and others want people to believe is that the conspiracy that has been cooked up by the GOP (Ukraine/2016/server/bidens) has been turned on its head by the Dems into an impeachment conspiracy with the aid of what looks like life long GOP people (mulveney/sondland) they both have said yes there has been a quid pro quo attached to the Ukrainian aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭ebbsy

And I bet it was Bernies supporters that didn't vote last time and shagged Hillary good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

If Hunter Biden was proven to have taken millions in bribes it still wouldn't change the fact that Trump committed a crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

No, it wouldnt change anything Trump has done, or what he is *alleged* to have done, but it would go a long way to destroying the nonsense narrative that Trump only asked Zelensky to look into him and his father's Burisma related activities because he might be on the ballot come 2020.

Advertisement