Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Hundreds of thousands of Catholics recently voted for abortion in Ireland, you don't get to decide who is/isn't catholic.

So woke. Never actually said she wasn't a Catholic :) Re-read the comment. I don't get to decide that. God does!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So woke. Never actually said she wasn't a Catholic :) Re-read the comment. I don't get to decide that. God does!

You insinuated she wasn't a catholic or at least a "good" catholic because she is pro abortion. If this isn't what you meant please explain what you did mean by
    Claims to be Catholic but yet pro abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,417 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Pelosi: "We must impeach him before he corrupts the next election"

Says it all really....

Pelosi calls for articles of impeachment

She's not at all wrong.

If the President is abusing the office to corrupt the 2020 election, yes, the election is in danger. Not impeaching this President is, yes, a danger to our democracy. You can twist the soundbytes to sound sinister but it's the truth, there is a real problem when there's a strong possibility a corrupt incumbent could win via corrupt methods. Not a democracy at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You don't know what 'woke' means by the looks of it. Do you mean 'triggered' or some other Right wing Nickelodeon-ism?

You don't know what 'woke' means by the looks of it. Do you mean 'triggered' or some other Right wing Nickelodeon-ism?

I don't even take notice of those idiotic buzzwords, a new one every few weeks and I get called them all, not a single F*** is given :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Pathetic, all this as they can't stand the guy, and haven't got over losing the election 3 years ago.

No way the senate will impeach him anyway, only will embolden his vote and will win 2020 easily.

They are only doing this as they KNOW they will lose the election next November.
    Instead of getting behind decent democratic candidates like Tulsi Gabbard they resort to this - pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Pathetic, all this as they can't stand the guy, and haven't got over losing the election 3 years ago.

Again. Just to inject a small bit of reality. If you don't mind.

The top Democrats were vehemently against impeachment and for a very good reason, there is a high chance it could backfire.

Trump and his actions left them no choice.

You do understand that right?

Why what did he do?
    Did you read the transcript ?

Why what did he do?
    Did you read the transcript ?

It's as clear as fúck what he did, but if you want to play ultimate dullard on the internet by all means fill your boots.

Well I read the transcript and doesn't appear that way to me...

No quid pro quo!!!!

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    It's as clear as fúck what he did, but if you want to play ultimate dullard on the internet by all means fill your boots.

But hey, lets see what happens, I'm almost certain he won't be removed from office...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,621 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's a chance to get the ball rolling this year. Rather than into the election year.

No quid pro quo!!!!

Call off the impeachment proceedings, it doesn't appear that way to Hector so it must be so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

Overheal wrote: »
    She's not at all wrong.

If the President is abusing the office to corrupt the 2020 election, yes, the election is in danger. Not impeaching this President is, yes, a danger to our democracy. You can twist the soundbytes to sound sinister but it's the truth, there is a real problem when there's a strong possibility a corrupt incumbent could win via corrupt methods. Not a democracy at that stage.

But he's not that's the point.

Call off the impeachment proceedings, it doesn't appear that way to Hector so it must be so :rolleyes:

Well lets see what happens!!

Not much else we can do is there? :rolleyes:

Not much else we can do is there? :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain he won't be removed from office, it's another pathetic attempt to remove him because they flat out hate the guy.

They had 3 years to get a decent candidate to beat him.
    The woke politics didn't work
    the Russian "collusion" didn't work
    and now this impeachment nonsense won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Either justice will prevail and Trump is dumped in disgrace, or it doesn't and he's re-elected. That's what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

hahahahahahaha Nickelodeon-ism, what antifa degenerate did you swipe that off?

Trump 2020 xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He won't be impeached , they don't have the numbers.

All this will do is solidify his base.

#Trump2020

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »

Was it ever not Solid?

His base won't be enough on it's own for 2020, it wasn't for 2016.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No quid pro quo!!!!

Just a minor point - No one has "read the transcript" as one has not been released.

What you've read is a summary of the call so it is not a "transcript" which would be a word for word reproduction of everything said on the call.

Several people , including Vindmann have said that the summary is a reasonable representation of what occurred on the call, but it is NOT a transcript.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,291 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Boggles wrote:
    His base won't be enough on it's own for 2020, it wasn't for 2016.

Completely agree, so the usual shenanigans will be required to get him over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

#Trump2020

He'll absolutely be impeached. He may not be found guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors by the Senate. Just like Bill Clinton was impeached, but not convicted.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

#Trump2020

Admittedly the numbers are against impeachment. But all it takes is a small number of republicans to grow a spine and that may change. they dont even have to vote to impeach trump, they just have to not turn up for the vote. Impeachment requires a 2/3rds majority of those present for the vote. If enough republicans dont turn up then impeachment becomes a possibility.

Admittedly the numbers are against impeachment. But all it takes is a small number of republicans to grow a spine

It will have very little to do with Spine growth and more to do with poll numbers in their district.

Boggles wrote: »
    It will have very little to do with Spine growth and more to do with poll numbers in their district.

well hopefully the evidence presented alone may make some of them join the vertebrate kingdom. i am nothing if not an optimist.

Today the House Democrats unveil TWO article of impeachment against Donald trump

https://www.facebook.com/86680728811/posts/10159137899853812/?substory_index=0

• Advertisement

i think you meant to say " no choice now, logically, but to impeach"

Advertisement