Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Pelosi can’t call witnesses for the trial. That’s down to the Senate, and she has no say in those matters. Bolton said he would be prepared to testify if asked by the Senate, knowing that was a long shot, but made no such commitment for a Congressional investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Sound the Crazy lady alarms!

Nancy Pelosi, suffering from impeachment fail dementia and now totally desperate, is now accusing Mitch McConnell of being a Russian accomplice. Russia, Russia, Russia, all over again? Seems McConnell’s threat to dismiss Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate if Nancy didn’t send the articles of impeachment within 25 days has sent her over the edge. Didn’t she just last week complain about Trump starting a war with Iran, who is Russia's staunchest ally in the Middle East? I guess this is a dire warning about the long term effects of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Apparently, unchecked, it could cause you to become an unhinged babbling lunatic.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Trump has un-hinged the Democrats . Not as difficult as you might think as they wouldn’t know a hinge if a door hit them smack in the gob !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yeah, sure it is Nance ...

Agreed. Congress properly exercised its duty in impeaching a criminal President. A great day for America. If Trump's removed from office, that'll be a sad day, but any day Congress exercises its authorization properly, is a good day, sometimes great like this one was.

Pelosi has been brilliant throughout this process, staring down a President not afraid to have subordinates threaten the lives of US Citizens for his own personal, financial and political gain. Despite the entire engine of the administration aligned against her, she persisted and got impeachment done.

• Advertisement

Parnas interview on Maddow is must see TV. So, today the twitter machine and the FB bots and their surrogates here will be cranked up.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/lev-parnas-president-trump-knew-exactly-what-was-going-on-76853829937

(lots of clips there)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

notobtuse wrote: »
    Sound the Crazy lady alarms!

Nancy Pelosi, suffering from impeachment fail dementia and now totally desperate, is now accusing Mitch McConnell of being a Russian accomplice. Russia, Russia, Russia, all over again? Seems McConnell’s threat to dismiss Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate if Nancy didn’t send the articles of impeachment within 25 days has sent her over the edge. Didn’t she just last week complain about Trump starting a war with Iran, who is Russia's staunchest ally in the Middle East? I guess this is a dire warning about the long term effects of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Apparently, unchecked, it could cause you to become an unhinged babbling lunatic.

Don't the Russians have serious investments in his home state of Kentucky? I think remember him trying to get the sanctions lifted for them.

Or are we just saying mad **** cos it's the CA forum.

Parnas talks about Derek Harvey, a Nunes aide, being in on the con, talking with him at length due to Nunes not being available. I thought I'd remembered Harvey from earlier - sure enough, he's one of the ones ratting out the whistleblower to the Trumplodytes in Congress and Fox:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-nunes-aide-is-leaking-the-ukraine-whistleblowers-name-sources-say?via=twitter_page

I imagine the FBI might want to be talking with Harvey about the campaign finance stuff as one of Parnas's contacts within DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/15/politics/who-is-robert-hyde-trump-ukraine/index.html

Facking hell, sounds like a hit was being planned on the Ambassador.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Apparently, unchecked, it could cause you to become an unhinged babbling lunatic.

Washing machines!!! You have to use them 10 times and were going to have a fireworks display at Mount Rushmore .. its made of stone and stone doesnt burn and wind turbines give you cancer ... that kind of babbling lunatic

If you find yourself defending Trump at this stage you really should check your own hinges

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/15/politics/who-is-robert-hyde-trump-ukraine/index.html

Facking hell, sounds like a hit was being planned on the Ambassador.

FWIW, Parnas dismisses this guy Hyde as 'drunk all the time', 'I didn't take it seriously.'

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/-drunk-all-the-time-parnas-dismisses-hyde-tracking-yovanovitch-76858949621

Of course, threatening a US government official is a crime and Mr. Hyde might have some 'splaining to do to those disapproving lads in the FBI. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/trump-robert-hyde-stalk-ambassador-marie-yovanovitch.html

I'd like to believe Hyde was just an overblown Trumplodyte wanker, but who knows what he was up to, besides Hyde?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

blinding wrote: »
    Looks like in the close up that she had good boobs in her day !

Classy comment, really classy

This bit of the interview ties the Fox lawyers (DeGenova?) and John Solomon into the corrupt web that contains Giuliani, Parnas and Trump. Great stuff.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/lev-parnas-untangles-dmytro-firtash-role-in-trump-ukraine-scheme-76859973858

Washing machines!!! You have to use them 10 times and were going to have a fireworks display at Mount Rushmore .. its made of stone and stone doesnt burn and wind turbines give you cancer ... that kind of babbling lunatic

If you find yourself defending Trump at this stage you really should check your own hinges

Projection projection projection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Is there some context to this other then what it is alluding to?

STEP RIGHT UP AND GET YOUR NANCY PELOSI COMMEMORATIVE IMPEACHMENT PEN!

Solemn day… my a$$!

gettyimages-1199758946.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770

They look like bullet casings.

Thanks, Nancy, for making a mockery of the impeachment process. You have now made impeachment a purely political tool, which was what the Founding Fathers warned against. Looks like every president going forward will now be impeached when the opposing political controls the House. She should be tarred and feathered and run out of Washington on a rail for keeping our elected official from doing their jobs for the last 2 years.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Should've used a sharpie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did you see that she used a different pen for each letter of her signature? Fcuking emabasrment.

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/1217766799967772676

The whole "He'll be impeached forever" nonsense is so childish also. She should have also added:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Should've used a sharpie

for anything trump related a crayon would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It's tradition in the US for politicians to use several pens when signing important documents (a silly tradition, granted). Even Donnie himself has done it.

Thought you would've known that Pete

Also lol at any Trump fan calling someone else childish

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    It's tradition in the US for politicians to use several pens when signing important documents (a silly tradition, granted). Even Donnie himself has done it.

Thought you would've known that Pete

Also lol at any Trump fan calling someone else childish

It's all the tGOP have got. Ignoring the fact that articles of impeachment have been sent today to the Senate to be tried, they complain about the pens uses to sign them. And the attitude the Speaker seemed to show when signing.

But that fact that Trump now is the 3rd President to be impeached isn't as important as the (as you point out common) procedure used for signing. That's what matters. When you have nothing, you've got to dig pretty far to come up with something to be indignant about. IOKIYAR I suppose.

Igotadose wrote: »
    It's all the tGOP have got. Ignoring the fact that articles of impeachment have been sent today to the Senate to be tried, they complain about the pens uses to sign them. And the attitude the Speaker seemed to show when signing.

But that fact that Trump now is the 4th President to be impeached isn't as important as the (as you point out common) procedure used for signing. That's what matters. When you have nothing, you've got to dig pretty far to come up with something to be indignant about. IOKIYAR I suppose.
    Only 3 presidents have been impeached. Two for actual crimes and Trump for being on the opposition party from that which controls the House and beating Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Only 3 presidents have been impeached. Two for actual crimes and Trump for being on the opposition party from that which controls the House and beating Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.

Reality is not your strong point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Solemn day… my a$$!

gettyimages-1199758946.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770

They look like bullet casings.

Thanks, Nancy, for making a mockery of the impeachment process. You have now made impeachment a purely political tool, which was what the Founding Fathers warned against. Looks like every president going forward will now be impeached when the opposing political controls the House. She should be tarred and feathered and run out of Washington on a rail for keeping our elected official from doing their jobs for the last 2 years.

If they don't break the law, violate the constitution and the oath to uphold it, or commit treason, how could they be impeached. :rolleyes:

Thanks, fixed the typo in my original post. Nixon wasn't impeached, House never got to voting on his articles of impeachment.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    If they don't break the law, violate the constitution and the oath to uphold it, or commit treason, how could they be impeached. :rolleyes:
    Ask Nancy Pelosi. The two reasons for Trump's impeachment are not crimes. Sadly, Congress could impeach a president because they don't like the color of his tie.

Reality is not your strong point.
    Au contraire.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Ask Nancy Pelosi. The two reasons for Trump's impeachment are not crimes. Sadly, Congress could impeach a president because they don't like the color of his tie.

They don't have to be. I thought that was absolutely clear to everyone at this stage.

As others have said , if a President locked himself in his bedroom and refused to come out and complete his day to day job , it wouldn't be a crime but he would and should absolutely be impeached for failing to do his job.

You seem to have forgotten my response to the last time you tried that 'not a crime not a crime' ploy, so here's the breaches of office that Trump has made to cause the impeachment

18 U.S. Code § 872: “Extortion by officers or employees of the United States.”

2 U.S. Code § 192, “Refusal of witness to testify or produce papers,”

18 U.S. Code § 610, “Coercion of political activity.”

52 U.S. Code § 30121, “Contributions and donations by foreign nationals.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

duploelabs wrote: »
    You seem to have forgotten my response to the last time you tried that 'not a crime not a crime' ploy, so here's the breaches of office that Trump has made to cause the impeachment

18 U.S. Code § 872: “Extortion by officers or employees of the United States.”

2 U.S. Code § 192, “Refusal of witness to testify or produce papers,”

18 U.S. Code § 610, “Coercion of political activity.”

52 U.S. Code § 30121, “Contributions and donations by foreign nationals.”

This is not good for The Donald. From the article:

As the Senate formally opened the impeachment trial on whether to remove Donald Trump from office, a nonpartisan congressional watchdog on Thursday dealt the Republican president a blow by concluding that the White House violated the law by withholding security aid approved for Ukraine by U.S. lawmakers.

Advertisement