Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And he’s been acquitted 53-47

He's guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

weisses wrote: »
    Can you give a rough estimate as to who benefited and how much they got ?
    As I said to the other poster it would be very hard to figure out where the money went. A good portion dealt with his increases to entitlements, stimulus policies, and expensive initiatives. And a good portion consisted of tax-cut extensions.

Stimulus policies and expensive initiatives were where he and democrats were able to pick winners and losers.

Here is something that attempts to show accounting for the increases in debt...
    https://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/obamas-fiscal-legacy-comprehensive-overview-spending-taxes-and-deficits-10669.html

As one example here are a sampling of some green companies the Obama administration gambled on with taxpayer dollars… all of which went bankrupt or filed for bankruptcy by 2012.

Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
    SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
    Solyndra ($535 million)*
    Beacon Power ($43 million)*
    Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
    SunPower ($1.2 billion)
    First Solar ($1.46 billion)
    Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
    EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
    Amonix ($5.9 million)
    Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
    Abound Solar ($400 million)*
    A123 Systems ($279 million)*
    Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
    Johnson Controls ($299 million)
    Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
    ECOtality ($126.2 million)
    Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
    Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
    Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
    Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
    Range Fuels ($80 million)*
    Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
    Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
    Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
    GreenVolts ($500,000)
    Vestas ($50 million)
    LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
    Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
    Navistar ($39 million)
    Satcon ($3 million)*
    Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
    Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
    *Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

Look at who owned these green energy companies.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So Trump's been acquitted. Will democrats become sore losers? I think everyone knows the answer to that.

And if the democrats continue with their witch hunts, causing the Republicans to take back the House in November, they can have Trump’s impeachment expunged. I guess impeachment doesn't necessarily last forever.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Are we required to pay interest (you know... cold hard cash) on debt or deficit?
    Of course, and reducing the deficit or possibly even posting a surplus does what to the ability to pay back said interest? How do you reconcile a booming economy and a booming deficit under Trump? Would seem to be the polar opposite of fiscal conservatism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This sums up my feeds atm.

aEk29pzE_700wp_0.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭abff

And he’s been acquitted 53-47

Why is it that so many people outside the United States are so vehemently opposed to Donald Trump?

Is it because he is a horrendous gob****e who is a total disgrace to the office of the President of the United States?

Or is it because we've been brainwashed by left wing liberals spreading fake news about the greatest human being who has ever lived?

I've yet to hear any arguments that might lead me to believe that the second explanation is the correct one, but I'm willing to consider any coherent arguments that might be advanced in support of this alternative hypothesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Trump now at the shortest odds he's ever been for POTUS20.

Have seen price as low as 1.5, plenty at 1.61 and averaging around 1.64.
    e.g. Hand the bookie 100notes now and collect just 150 at the end of the year.

Thank the 'wan that was ripping stuff up for this new latest level of market confidence.

Sure he'll likely win by a hugely amount, and there will be more people crying and what have you, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

abff wrote:
    I've yet to hear any arguments that might lead me to believe that the second explanation is the correct one, but I'm willing to consider any coherent arguments that might be advanced in support of this alternative hypothesis.
    Well he certainly is not a saint but the haters and liberals (might be the same thing) have been going overboard since before he was elected. You see they were happy to have him face Hilary until it became clear that he was a more serious opponent than they expected. Then they started to hate and then started telling lies as well.
    Trump of course is full of it but the haters have made it hard to believe anybody.
    Sooner he is gone the better, and I really want him gone, but the Dems and the liberals have made a complete mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭francois

Still impeached though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

No I didn’t. Don't you know by now that people here on the right don't state things unless they have sources to back it up... as required? It's an unwritten rule that only posters on the right need to abide by.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/978-1-137-59524-9_7

Of course Ireland has a connection with NATO countires due to its peacekeeping actions for the UN but it is not a member of NATO and never will be and the fact you said we rely in NATO for our defence, give us a break

Going back to the original point how can you justify spending hundreds of billions on military when your healthcare system for your citizens is 3rd world levels

So notobtuse is still failing to answer on Dons claim that he would wipe out the debt and its easy to do, when in fact he has done the opposite and has increased the debt and deficit the most of any president

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So Trump's been acquitted. Will democrats become sore losers?
    The grave question the Constitution tasks senators to answer is whether the president committed an act so extreme and egregious that it rises to the level of a 'high crime and misdemeanor

- Yes, he did
    The president is guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust. What he did was not perfect. No, it was a flagrant assault on our electoral rights, our national security and our fundamental values, Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one's oath of office that I can imagine."

- Republican Senator Mitt Romney

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well he certainly is not a saint but the haters and liberals (might be the same thing) have been going overboard since before he was elected. You see they were happy to have him face Hilary until it became clear that he was a more serious opponent than they expected. Then they started to hate and then started telling lies as well.
    Trump of course is full of it but the haters have made it hard to believe anybody.
    Sooner he is gone the better, and I really want him gone, but the Dems and the liberals have made a complete mess of it.

If the Democrats in fight and dont 100% get behind their candidate, America deserves Trump and the destruction he will bring

A second term Trump would be a very dangerous proposition for those marginalised in society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

kilns wrote: »
    If the Democrats in fight and dont 100% get behind their candidate, America deserves Trump and the destruction he will bring

A second term Trump would be a very dangerous proposition for those marginalised in society

Yawn!! This time four years ago he was going to end the world by going nuclear with N. Korea. He's the POTUS, he'll be the POTUS for another 4 years. Get over it.

Yawn!! This time four years ago he was going to end the world by going nuclear with N. Korea. He's the POTUS, he'll be the POTUS for another 4 years. Get over it.

You should learn to read first before you reply. He is a vain and vindictive man, we will see evidence of that today when he attacks Romney.

So, if he gets a second term, he will not have to worry about re-election and so will go all out to destroy his enemies, those that have crossed him and those sections of soiciety he has contempt for without any accountability from the senate (if the republicans hold it).

But in any case if the Democrats run a half decent campaign they will defeat him because any person with a conscious and half a brain will see him for what he is

Flipping the Senate is just as important, McConnell protects and enables Trump with rubber stamping and obstructionism.

Also there is nothing stopping them from Impeaching Trump again, there is no double jeopardy law in Impeachment. :)

Boggles wrote: »
    Flipping the Senate is just as important, McConnell protects and enables Trump with rubber stamping and obstructionism.

Also there is nothing stopping them from Impeaching Trump again, there is no double jeopardy law in Impeachment. :)

Flipping the senate is huge, McConnell is really a despicable man.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    Also there is nothing stopping them from Impeaching Trump again, there is no double jeopardy law in Impeachment.
    As long as they leave it until the end of his second term.
    Last thing the world needs is Mike Pence as POTUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Delighted to see the that the Donald has been cleared. A farce that it even went this far.

Now let's see Trump 2020 romp home and more liberal tears. The left will continue to eat itself in the states. Meanwhile the economy is stronger then ever and unemployment at an all time low.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Delighted to see the that the Donald has been cleared. A farce that it even went this far.

Now let's see Trump 2020 romp home and more liberal tears. The left will continue to eat itself in the states. Meanwhile the economy is stronger then ever and unemployment at an all time low.

The irony of some one slagging off liberials and the left at the same time advocating for Sinn Fein to take control in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thank-you-Greta-Very-cool.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    As long as they leave it until the end of his second term.
    Last thing the world needs is Mike Pence as POTUS.

Mike pence is fully involved. If they impeach trump he will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trial rules in the Senate should be spelled out in the Constitution. This isn't hard - but you leave it unspecified, you get unspecified results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The irony of some one slagging off liberials and the left at the same time advocating for Sinn Fein to take control in Ireland :rolleyes:

I'm a proud nationalist and republican just like Trump and Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Thank-you-Greta-Very-cool.jpg

Is this what we’ve been reduced to?

You do know they are on opposite sides of the political spectrum dont you??:rolleyes:

What policies of Sinn Feins do you support?

What policies of Trumps do you support?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

https://www.thejournal.ie/mary-lou-on-trump-3197081-Jan2017/

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-think-in-trump-4216439-Sep2018/
    “We believe president Trump is wrong, wrong, and wrong again on all of the issues,” said McDonald.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

seamus wrote: »

The only nation Trump believes in, is the Trump organization. If he's such a nationalist...why all the foreign entanglements?

Advertisement