Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

kilns wrote: »
    Or maybe just maybe he saw what the majority of Americans and what the majority of the world saw and was brave enough to stand up and vote with his head and heart rather than his political livelihood.

It is obvious from comments made by certain other senators that they knew what he did was impeachable but they didnt have to courage to vote that way.

When you say he should have followed the wishes of the voters in Utah, perhaps then the Senate should have followed the wishes of the American public and vote the impeach
    Nah. If anything they should have followed the law, and the law is on Trump's side.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    Nah. If anything they should have followed the law, and the law is on Trump's side.

funniest thing I have heard all day

Thats why 800 former prosecutors both Democratic and Republican signed a document confirming he would be prosecuted if he were not President

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

and the law is on Trump's side.

It would appear 52-53% of it is anyway....

Boggles wrote: »
    I do enjoy a good soap opera.

But back to the point, Romney did say some unfavorable stuff (all true) about Trump but it pales in comparison to what Lindsay said, which was all true too.

Any comment on that?

Or back to Bad Orange Man Beat me Harder cheer leading?
    It's no secret Never-Trumpers and the Deep State remain in powerful positions withing the government. Graham speaks his mind but ultimately remains on Trump's side. Looking forward to him initiating an investigation into Quid Pro Joe, Hunter Biden and Bursima regarding Ukraine and US government officials corruption.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Beasty wrote: »
    It would appear 52-53% of it is anyway....
    That's what juries are for.

• Advertisement

It's an absolute genius move. AGAIN.

If you are trying to honestly say that Nancy Pelosi was anything other than childish and ridiculous by doing what she did, you are deluded.

To hate trump that much, so much that you applaud and call such pathetic actions genius, really lends credence to the Trump Derangement Syndrome theory which I always thought was bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If you are trying to honestly say that Nancy Pelosi was anything other than childish and ridiculous by doing what she did, you are deluded.

To hate trump that much, so much that you applaud and call such pathetic actions genius, really lends credence to the Trump Derangement Syndrome theory which I always thought was bull****.

a trump supporter describing somebody else as childish and ridiculous. LOL.

It's no secret Never-Trumpers and the Deep State remain in powerful positions withing the government. Graham speaks his mind but ultimately remains on Trump's side. Looking forward to him initiating an investigation into Quid Pro Joe, Hunter Biden and Bursima regarding Ukraine and US government officials corruption.

ha ha ha do you hear yourself, deepstaters you are embarassing yourself

and tell us this why when Republicans controlled the house, senate and white house did they not investigate the Bidens and Burisma.

You are embarrassing yourself

a trump supporter describing somebody else as childish and ridiculous. LOL.

A trump supporter? What have I done to support him? Or is not immediately insulting him tacit support?

I'm certainly not against Donald Trump but I also don't always agree with him.

So if that's all it requires to be labelled a supporter then fair enough.

kilns wrote: »
    ha ha ha do you hear yourself, deepstaters you are embarassing yourself

and tell us this why when Republicans controlled the house, senate and white house did they not investigate the Bidens and Burisma.

You are embarrassing yourself
    Because many were stupid and didn't know the democrats were at war with them. Biden admitted to the quid pro quo in January 2018, and the democrats took back the House in the 2018 midterms. The GOP had a couple months to act and didn’t. Of course if they had opened an investigation the Democrats would have put an end to it as soon as they took control.

Never too late though. Right?

• Advertisement

Because many were stupid and didn't know the democrats were at war with them. Biden admitted to the quid pro quo in January 2018, and the democrats took back the House in the 2018 midterms. The GOP had a couple months to act and didn’t. Of course if they had opened an investigation the Democrats would have put an end to it as soon as they took control.

Never too late though. Right?

Your response is so illogical and stupid it does not even deserve a reasonable response

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Because politics is about optics, and even more so in a place as divided as the States.

Again though, you are proving my point.

No one is talking about Trumps "speech".

Because politics is about optics, and even more so in a place as divided as the States.

Again though, you are proving my point.

No one is talking about Trumps "speech".

I'm not talking about Trumps speech because his speech spoke for itself. From what I have seen it was very well received.

The fact that Pelosi made a dick of herself afterwards is a talking point but it doesn't detract from any speech that was made.

For some light-hearted news in all this.

Representative Mike Johnson trolled Nancy Pelosi and her impeachment pens…
    “Just in case Speaker Pelosi is too torn up to hand out acquittal pens, I went ahead and picked some up for our exceptional #impeachment defense team.”

https://twitter.com/RepMikeJohnson/status/1225171680575795200

Don't you just love the 'too torn up' line? As soon as the pens become available for sale I’m ordering them. And you just know Trump will have them on his campaign website.

Also, House minority leader Kevin McCarthy stuck it to Pelosi in a video mocking her infamous tearing up of Trump’s State of the Union speech by tearing up Trump’s articles of impeachment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/481724-mccarthy-tears-up-articles-of-impeachment-against-trump

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm not talking about Trumps speech because his speech spoke for itself. From what I have seen it was very well received.

The fact that Pelosi made a dick of herself afterwards is a talking point but it doesn't detract from any speech that was made.

What speech? Pelosi's move (however you term it) completely stole the press headlines away from Trump

But here you are talking about Nancy.

:)

Graham speaks his mind

So when one Senator calls Trump a race-baiting idiot he is speaking his mind, when another says unfavorable things about Trump he is a loser?

You are just a parody of yourself at this stage.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I hope the American people get their democracy back. It's being chipped away by the Republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

duploelabs wrote: »
    What speech? Pelosi's move (however you term it) completely stole the press headlines away from Trump

Would you say independents, people in purple states or even trump-hating republicans would be impressed by it? I doubt it.

Playing to people who already hate trump while turning off people you need for elections is not smart politics imo.

§2071. Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term "office" does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Hmmm... Pelosi behind bars for three years... seems about right.

• Advertisement

But here you are talking about Nancy.

:)

In a direct response to you declaring her a genius.

It certainly grabbed headlines, but only in a negative way. The fact that nobody has anything bad to say about the speech is a win in itself for Trump and his supporters.

in what was was the document she tore up "filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States"? do you even know what that means?

in what was was the document she tore up "filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States"? do you even know what that means?
    Pelosi is an officer of the court. She was handed the SOTU address which is an official document to be preserved.

Congressman Matt Gaetz has already filed ethics charges against Pelosi over it.

Very well received by who excluding the talking heads on Fox News?

In a direct response to you declaring her a genius.

It certainly grabbed headlines, but only in a negative way. The fact that nobody has anything bad to say about the speech is a win in itself for Trump and his supporters.

Negative / Positive it doesn't matter.

But again here you are talking about Nancy.

The penny will have to drop with you sooner or later, I can't keep pointing it out to you.

Pelosi is an officer of the court. She was handed the SOTU address which is an official document to be preserved.

ah Matt Gaetz :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I hope she has not ever deleted any Trump Tweets too as they are official communications including ones where he called a woman a horse face

she tore up her copy of the speech. you really need to try harder with this stuff

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/05/charlie-kirk/charlie-kirk-wrongly-suggests-pelosi-broke-law-rip/

Also, House minority leader Kevin McCarthy stuck it to Pelosi in a video mocking her infamous tearing up of Trump’s State of the Union speech by tearing up Trump’s articles of impeachment.

Is Kevin going to jail too so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Says everything you need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Doesn't Trump regularly tear up papers in the WH?

Advertisement