Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Trump : Acquitted
    Pelosi : Disgraced

For the 3rd consecutive day now, the odds for DT as POTUS20 have shortened again, 1.53 is crazy.
    How am I meant to make a load of profit again from this at short prices? The way it's going he'll be a cert before spring.

6cxRdmD.png

One bonus is PPower will likely pay out early^ for publicity, this week would be nice (but more likely Oct).

It's clear now the whole impeachment plan (which is over now, btw), has done nothing but only assist the Donald further, well done everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

So we agree

Trump was impeached

And it will forever be next to his name.

But being impeached won't impair him, to him it's just a bloody nose.

That's why his ability to get up and keep going is so impressive.

I my self am a horticulturist and work with a lot of plants and I absolutely cannot stand clearing brambles and nettles, cannot stand the look of them. They're prickly and they graze you they sting they're not attractive to look at.

But nettle tea has such healthy attributes and it's a great fertiliser, take brambles and you can make blackberry jam from them, make creels and baskets out of them they're very flexible and they're great pollinators, so are nettles butterflies love them.

I think Trump can be a loose cannon and be flamboyant and he can sting now and again.

But like a bramble or rose you prune it and trample it, hate it curse it.
    It doesn't matter it'll still flourish.
    Look at all the dumb people who's lives and hours minutes and seconds are spent obsessing with the Don and he couldn't give two fecks what they think.

Give him a lot of **** and he just grows and grows, and the haters, negative debaters and craturs just get angrier, stressed and messed up.

If you're able to look at the world organically, technically and factually all in one variable then its easier to accept the good with the bad.

Thats an admirable way to look at Trump, he's able to rise above all that sh1t and keep his roots intact in the **** and come out flowering and smelling of roses.

If I discovered a new rose or flower I'd call it the Don....

Food for thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

For the 3rd consecutive day now, the odds for DT as POTUS20 have shortened again, 1.53 is crazy.
    How am I meant to make a load of profit again from this at short prices? The way it's going he'll be a cert before spring.

6cxRdmD.png

One bonus is PPower will likely pay out early^ for publicity, this week would be nice (but more likely Oct).

It's clear now the whole impeachment plan (which is over now, btw), has done nothing but only assist the Donald further, well done everyone.

I really dont think you should have a Paddy Power account to be honest. Of course Trumps odds are going to be short, he is going to be one of the horses in a two horse race, while the other horse has not been declared. Its like Real Madrid being in the final of the Champions league already while the other side of the draw hasnt even played their quarter and semi finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

kilns wrote: »
    I really dont think you should have a Paddy Power account to be honest. Of course Trumps odds are going to be short, he is going to be one of the horses in a two horse race, while the other horse has not been declared. Its like Real Madrid being in the final of the Champions league already while the other side of the draw hasnt even played their quarter and semi finals.

Exactly

Anyone bullshítting about value in a presidential race where one is an incumbent and when the other side hasn't even picked their candidate has absolutely no idea what they are doing and are to be completely ignored posthaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

I think you're missing the point. Accumulator is pointing out that His odds are shortening. To use your analogy, that would happen to Real if their competitors were narrowing to easier opposition for them to beat

I mean not that I put a huge amount of faith in politics bettings or odds.

• Advertisement

I think you're missing the point. Accumulator is pointing out that His odds are shortening. To use your analogy, that would happen to Real if their competitors were narrowing to easier opposition for them to beat

I mean not that I put a huge amount of faith in politics bettings or odds.

His odds are shortening and rightly so because he is the certain horse in the race

The odds are meaningless until you have two certain starters, go back and look at it then

His odds are shortening and rightly so because he is the certain horse in the race

I don't think you understand really...

Would Real's odds just keep shortening owing to them being in the final? No in general it means the money on them is increasing. You have to then ask why that is. A poorer opposition emerging could do it. Or other factors. But no, odds don't just shorten for the laugh. I mean this is pretty basic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nthclare wrote: »
    But being impeached won't impair him, to him it's just a bloody nose.

That's why his ability to get up and keep going is so impressive.

I my self am a horticulturist and work with a lot of plants and I absolutely cannot stand clearing brambles and nettles, cannot stand the look of them. They're prickly and they graze you they sting they're not attractive to look at.

But nettle tea has such healthy attributes and it's a great fertiliser, take brambles and you can make blackberry jam from them, make creels and baskets out of them they're very flexible and they're great pollinators, so are nettles butterflies love them.

I think Trump can be a loose cannon and be flamboyant and he can sting now and again.

But like a bramble or rose you prune it and trample it, hate it curse it.
    It doesn't matter it'll still flourish.
    Look at all the dumb people who's lives and hours minutes and seconds are spent obsessing with the Don and he couldn't give two fecks what they think.

Give him a lot of **** and he just grows and grows, and the haters, negative debaters and craturs just get angrier, stressed and messed up.

If you're able to look at the world organically, technically and factually all in one variable then its easier to accept the good with the bad.

Thats an admirable way to look at Trump, he's able to rise above all that sh1t and keep his roots intact in the **** and come out flowering and smelling of roses.

If I discovered a new rose or flower I'd call it the Don....

Food for thought

He’s had a string of business failures
    He’s banned from ever being on the board of a charity again after operating an illegal scam charity
    He’s had to settle class action claims for his racketeering Trump University, and shut up shop
    He’s in hock to Russian lenders
    He’s failed miserably in every marriage he’s had
    He was routed in the Midterm elections
    He’s been impeached
    He has historically poor approval ratings
    He’s obsessively thin-skinned with regard to his record vs Obama.

He’s far from flourishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

6cxRdmD.png

As an aside, how were your odds when it came to the run up to the 2016 election?

I really dont think you should have a Paddy Power account to be honest.
    I don't think you should be allowed to use the internet to be honest, if making such silly comments.

But hey, there you are, it's a free world (more or less), so generally do what you like.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    As an aside, how were your odds when it came to the run up to the 2016 election?

Not addressed to me but I did have a cheeky 20 on him at 14/1. Think I put it on around the controversy with that Fox News lady in the Summer of 2015. I got a nice fancy meal out of it a year later!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Dont forget his wall

Oh and Repealing 'Obamacare'

Market for Donald opened 100-150/1, stayed at 25/1 for a very good while, from memory never really ever got below 3.6.

Election night was the super extra bonus party, with so much hype from the media for Hillary, the Traders let DT's price out to 10/1, a few hours later there was tears (not from me).

Not addressed to me but I did have a cheeky 20 on him at 14/1. Think I put it on around the controversy with that Fox News lady in the Summer of 2015. I got a nice fancy meal out of it a year later!

Sure you did yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well then why are the 'odds' touted correct this time round?

Boggles wrote: »
    Sure you did yeah.
    Sure why wouldn't they?

I don't think you understand really...

Would Real's odds just keep shortening owing to them being in the final? No in general it means the money on them is increasing. You have to then ask why that is. A poorer opposition emerging could do it. Or other factors. But no, odds don't just shorten for the laugh. I mean this is pretty basic stuff.

You dont really get it do you

Money goes on him because he is certain to be in the race, so of course bets would be place on him, and with money coming in bookmakers hedge and reduce their odds. Why would any significant money be put on the other 5 or 6 "horses" when they might not even be in the race?

I don't think you should be allowed to use the internet to be honest, if making such silly comments.

But hey, there you are, it's a free world (more or less), so generally do what you like.

:pac::pac::pac:

what a comeback

Sure why wouldn't they?

Because 2015 his odds were far longer than 14/1

Well then why are the 'odds' touted correct this time round?
    A proven success perhaps, that can be shown to be repeated.

Needless to say this impeachment has only helped any future chance even more dramitcally in the last few days.

Often the bookies are quoted on media news items as they're a useful indicator of real world money movements, and assesment of risk-v-reward factors. Polls are only useful to an extent, as they may harbour bias, hype or untruths.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

alastair wrote: »
    He’s had a string of business failures
    He’s banned from ever being on the board of a charity again after operating an illegal scam charity
    He’s had to settle class action claims for his racketeering Trump University, and shut up shop
    He’s in hock to Russian lenders
    He’s failed miserably in every marriage he’s had
    He was routed in the Midterm elections
    He’s been impeached
    He has historically poor approval ratings
    He’s obsessively thin-skinned with regard to his record vs Obama.

He’s far from flourishing.

If you read my post you'd understand it.

You're posting about the sh1t he's left behind, I am saying that no matter how much **** he's in he comes out on top and he's on top like it or not he's flourishing.

He's putting America first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Market for Donald opened 100-150/1, stayed at 25/1 for a very good while, from memory never really ever got below 3.6.

Election night was the super extra bonus party, with so much hype from the media for Hillary, the Traders let DT's price out to 10/1, a few hours later there was tears (not from me).

a great night got 10 to 1 made a packet, watching final votes in florida made it easy, the look on cnn presenters face when trump was 80.000 ahead was epic!

They were even longer in 2014, longer again in 2013, 2012, and so..?

They were even longer in 2014, longer again in 2013, 2012, and so..?

Have a think, you'll work it out.

15 months out from the election Trump was 12/1, even during the Republican primaries.

If you think traders listen to media hype than I am sure Paddy Power are glad you dont trade for them :pac:

a great night got 10 to 1 made a packet, watching final votes in florida made it easy, the look on cnn presenters face when trump was 80.000 ahead was epic!
    1,000% ROI is remarkable, unlikely to see such an event again.

Had it on live radio, in the space of hours the media went from whoop to droop, the silence was deafening. Still guess it was a useful exercise for the media in terms of a wake up call for pushing fake hype and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He started off at 150/1.

I got him at 6/1 a few days before the election.

Have a think, you'll work it out.
    You can make a special request for any futures markets if desired e.g. Zuckerberg/Musk for 2024/28/30 (superseeding the POTUS20) might be worth a look.

If you can figure out to compose (write) an email, then send it (press send), you'll work out the process.

ebbsy wrote: »
    He started off at 150/1.

I got him at 6/1 a few days before the election.

Cool. You back him twice? Sure throw up a screen shot of the bets so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cool. You back him twice? Sure throw up a screen shot of the bets so.

Can you not read.

Where did I say I backed him twice.

Advertisement