Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ll paste it when I sit down.

Dunno if that’s a red herring?

Also here’s Kamala Harris trying to cancel Trumps twitter account

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/kamala-harris-to-twitter-ceo-after-trumps-coup-tweet-time-to-do-something-about-this/

Hell will freeze over faster.

Twitter have already laid the groundwork to ban/shadowban Trump.
    They have already openly discussed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Twitter have already laid the groundwork to ban/shadowban Trump.
    They have already openly discussed it.

Hardly surprising. All the major tech firms will be adamant in rallying against Trump in 2020. Plenty of leaks about it over the years. You'd have to be a fool to think them neutral platforms.

Personally I think this is a disgrace and they should be broken up and regulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hardly surprising. All the major tech firms will be adamant in rallying against Trump in 2020. Plenty of leaks about it over the years. You'd have to be a fool to think them neutral platforms.

Personally I think this is a disgrace and they should be broken up and regulated.

Same opinion as Warren.

Facebook hates her. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Boggles wrote: »
    Same opinion as Warren.

Facebook hates her. :P

Some people argue this is precisely why the big platforms are doing this, as it would mean massive pay days.(Think Standard Oil)

Either way they need more rigid rules in place in such important fora of today, not the flimsy subjective ones they currently have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Boggles wrote: »
    Same opinion as Warren.

Yep. Totally agree with her on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't get why they should be broken up. Regulated? Sure. Once they enter that realm of influence and how their platforms can be manipulated (or if they willingly choose to manipulate) their users, as well as the privacy invasion that comes with using their platform, absolutely they should be regulated. But why broken up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Stand by for the people who like to repeat what he says as truth without thinking things through. They'll be using the same language, like, dare I say, NPCs.

As opposed to yourself parroting the gospel as espoused by CNN and MSNBC. Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

SJW Lover wrote: »
    As opposed to yourself parroting the gospel as espoused by CNN and MSNBC. Gotcha.

When did I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

New politico poll this morning has impeachment inquiry support at 46-43-11

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/02/trump-impeachment-poll-support-016403

Democratic caucus is having a press conference imminently that was scheduled earlier in the day/night. It's expected they will announce issuance of subpoenas to the White House for relevant documents. https://www.c-span.org/video/?464846-1/house-speaker-nancy-pelosi-news-conference

The house earlier today sent a memorandum and draft subpoena out: read it here https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/documents/2019-10-02.COR%20WH%20Subpoena%20Memo%20and%20Schedule.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

New politico poll this morning has impeachment inquiry support at 46-43-11

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/02/trump-impeachment-poll-support-016403

This is with only 80% Democrat support aswell, so is likely only going to increase as the dems rally around it

When did I do that?

In literally the post of yours i quoted. You think people who don't agree with your spoonfed views are lesser - NPCs is what you called them. Enjoy the spoon ;)

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4594517/clinton-impeachment-trial&fbclid=IwAR0ZcI4RNDv7pk82Cu6NXz6sGOylwIjA_xz3O0Aq2dbfDzTRIC_m4cg5wKQ

I would like to invite all in attendance to view this 4~5 minute clip from the CSPAN archive of Bill Clinton's impeachment trial. In 1999, Senator Lindsey Graham had some strong views to put on the Congressional Recorded presided over by the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. In which basically he argues that an Impeachment boils down to public trust or distrust.

That's gonna be a real difficult pill to swallow for the GOP: when Lindsey said this, Bill's approval rating was the highest of his Presidency. (So I wonder how factual his 3 in 4 Americans distrust Bill claim is). Clearly the public still supported his ability to perform his elected duties? Trump meanwhile has an approval rating in the low 40's and plummeting and a disapproval rating of 53% which appears like it will climb soon.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4594517/clinton-impeachment-trial&fbclid=IwAR0ZcI4RNDv7pk82Cu6NXz6sGOylwIjA_xz3O0Aq2dbfDzTRIC_m4cg5wKQ

I would like to invite all in attendance to view this 4~5 minute clip from the CSPAN archive of Bill Clinton's impeachment trial. In 1999, Senator Lindsey Graham had some strong views to put on the Congressional Recorded presided over by the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. In which basically he argues that an Impeachment boils down to public trust or distrust.

That's gonna be a real difficult pill to swallow for the GOP: when Lindsey said this, Bill's approval rating was the highest of his Presidency. (So I wonder how factual his 3 in 4 Americans distrust Bill claim is). Clearly the public still supported his ability to perform his elected duties? Trump meanwhile has an approval rating in the low 40's and plummeting and a disapproval rating of 53% which appears like it will climb soon.

There will be no impeachment of Trump. All that has happened is that he has been handed victory in the upcoming 2020 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

SJW Lover wrote: »

There will be no impeachment of Trump. All that has happened is that he has been handed victory in the upcoming 2020 election.

If it's so beneficial for him, why are his poll numbers worsening? And why is he suggesting the sources of the information and Adam Schiff should get the death penalty?

It's a bizarre reaction from a man who is supposedly being done a favour by the Democrats.

If it's so beneficial for him, why are his poll numbers worsening? And why is he suggesting the sources of the information and Adam Schiff should get the death penalty?

It's a bizarre reaction from a man who is supposedly being done a favour by the Democrats.

If this impeachment is going to hand victory to Trump, then someone should tell him. He's been going mental for the last few days and the poor old fart could do with some cheering up.

I wonder if everyone is deliberately keeping this information from him for some reason? Surely someone, maybe Ivanka could whisper in his ear "Daddy, this impeachment will ensure you win in 2020".

That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

That's because the idea that Trump benefits from impeachment is one of the dumbest ideas on the internet right now and the internet is full of dumb ideas.

I’ll paste it when I sit down.
    Updated earlier post with full article: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111404404&postcount=530

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have you looked at how his campaign funding is going as it's at odds with every pole quoted here?

His language is just him being Trumpy.... guilty of it myself now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

My prediction:

All this won't make look Trump good, but impeachment will be a hard sell. Also, it will bring to light to a much bigger audience various troubling facts for Democrats re. the previous administration, as well as questionable interference by Democrat members of Congress in foreign affairs since Trump took office(it is only supposed to a president's own administration who has this responsibility). USA is in the midst of a cold civil war if it wasn't already obvious. And I kind of expected Democrats would push hard on SOMETHING ahead of what they fear re. ongoing DoJ investigations into the origins of Russiagate as well as Leaks. It suits them. Still, I think, the facts as they stand, make impeachment a hard sell. My feeling is that most reasonable-minded Americans are really sick of it all. Democrats really still haven't accepted the result of 2016, and most people hate a sore loser. The impeachment circus will suck up most of the oxygen. Most people just want progress on kitchen table issues.

The President's press conference day was buzzworthy to say the least

He accused the whistleblower's version of the call as being "Vicious" and says he considers the whistle-blower a "Spy" and then moments later tries to impregnate their complaint/account as "Totally Erroneous." He then immediately says he "fooled them" by disclosing the Telcon version of the transcript to the public (in reality it bolstered the veracity of the complaint). He then implants a few misdirections about Schiff and Pelosi as if that's central to the issue, all under the guise of "I heared" (H e a r s a y), that he thinks he heard about an imagined ad-lib conversation he bull****ted about the two of them conspiring against him (my favorite line of his one man show was when his caricature of Pelosi said, "We can't impeach him off that conversation it's a great conversation!" Trump tries to insist that the 'only' thing that matters (my worshippers, please narrow your focus here, basically) is his transcript, and very much doesn't want people to look at anything else in the whistleblower report. He then emphatically states that Joe and Hunter Biden are categorically corrupt without support.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-demands-whistleblower-identity-be-revealed/

For reference here is the PDF on Congressional File that Trump doesn't want the public to even consider in this impeachment inquiry: https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf

So far Trump has been engaged in a massive gaslighting campaign: https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-absolutely-loses-it-during-pelosi-schiff-impeachment-presser-wasting-everyones-time-and-energy-on-bull****/

He has repeated calls for Schiff to be removed from office and tried for treason, rather than explain why he's putting the whistleblower's life in danger. https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-rages-that-lowlife-schiff-should-be-charged-with-treason-he-couldnt-carry-pompeos-blank-strap/

And this commercial is airing in a multimillion dollar ad campaign...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Theres a live press conference on CNN with Trump and the PM of Finland.
    Trump is really rattled. And he's visibly very very angry with Schiff, who is now "shifty Schiff", as the target. And he's reiterated that he himself is a very stable genius.

He's bringing a lawsuit apparently, against whom I don't know though. But hes bringing one.

He's all over the place though. And he's not answering any questions despite all this rambling on.
    Biden and son are "stone cold crooked". Everyone is ripping off the US too apparently.
    He's completely fuming. At anyone and everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He paid a compliment to the NYT for once. Finishes up bashing CNN.
    Mad, all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Such a stable genius

I'm looking forward to hearing that the whistle-blower going to the House Intelligence Committee was an outrage. It might take a bit of time for Breitbart to pick up on it from the New York times but they should soon be able to spin it into an outrage.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/icotr/Whistleblower.PDF

What's taking the people who want to post that Schiff helped write the whistleblower report so long? Rightwing twitter is going mad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nice attempt at dilution, but even you can't spin the dems out of this one.

Schiff should resign at this stage, he's a disgrace to congress.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1179481753834184705?s=19

See my link. The Intelligence Committee is one of the places that Intelligence people are supposed to go with the complaint.

Thanks for playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

If he's a disgrace, what does that make the Don?

What happened to the "He had no first-hand information! They changed the form at the last minute so he could send second hand info because that's all he had." talking point?

It was only yesterday. This is the thing with spreading poorly thought out disinformation. It only lasts for the brief amount of time between production and refutation.

Anyway, back to today's?

That Schiff fella... it's terrible Joe.

• Advertisement

Nice attempt at dilution, but even you can't spin the dems out of this one.

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1179481753834184705?s=19

Why, exactly? Because the whistleblower informed the House Intelligence Subcommittee? Be specific.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464077-whistleblower-contacted-schiffs-committee-before-filing-complaint

The CIA officer whose whistleblower complaint is at the center of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump consulted the House Intelligence Committee before filing it, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The whistleblower initially had a colleague convey his concerns that Trump asked Ukraine's leader to intervene in the 2020 presidential election to the CIA's top lawyer before going to Congress, current and former officials told the Times.

After concerns about how the internal CIA process was proceeding, the whistleblower then reportedly spoke to an Intelligence Committee staff member who suggested that the person hire a lawyer and file a complaint.

The staffer shared part of the whistleblower's concerns with the committee's chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), but did not share the person's identity with anyone, according to the Times.

“When a whistleblower seeks guidance, staff advises them to get counsel and go to an IG. That’s what they’re supposed to do,” Schiff tweeted after the report was published.

“Unlike a president pressing a foreign leader to dig up dirt on a political opponent. That’s not what a president is supposed to do. And we all know it,” he added.

“Like other whistle-blowers have done before and since under Republican and Democratic-controlled committees, the whistle-blower contacted the committee for guidance on how to report possible wrongdoing within the jurisdiction of the intelligence community,” Patrick Boland, a spokesman for Schiff, told the Times.

The development will likely add to Trump's attack that the whistleblower was motivated by partisan interests.

The complaint was eventually released to the public last Thursday.

--This report was updated at 3:28 p.m.

Shiff and the whistleblower never spoke, nor does there appear to be standing to say (as trump has now alleged) that Schiff wrote the whistleblower complaint himself.

Advertisement