Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Overheal wrote: »
    The exact same is true/was true of a president Hillary though. Same issue, flipped coin. Does this mean evidence and incriminating acts should be ignored on both sides? Either investigation would have been politically motivated to much the same degrees.

I thought the whole Benghazi-Hilary affair was a farce, as well. I'm happy to see investigations continue but trying to de-platform Trump because he referred it to as a coup is going too far was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I thought the whole Benghazi-Hilary affair was a farce, as well. I'm happy to see investigations continue but trying to de-platform Trump because he referred it to as a coup is going too far was my point.

I don't see him getting deplatformed - Twitter hasn't so much as chortled.

But this business on the WH lawn where he talks about China's trade advantage and how they need to investigate his 2020 political rival is starting to look like a broad daylight smoking gun to me. Legal opinion was swift this morning that what he did today was criminal

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/publicly-engaging-in-criminal-behavior-now-president-trump-openly-considers-asking-china-to-investigate-bidens/?fbclid=IwAR1dyp6iMjfPPO3JDmP2rJdoZdwyMgJcmfLMEmrnsdxHDMq69KOCv7VOpcA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This is the best summation of events I have seen:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's the Commander in Chief making those remarks. You don't find that to be significant, or even dangerous? For the leader of the United States to shout COUP when Article I powers are being invoked and proclaiming this is "WAR"? ?

Eh, I was addressing the notion that people are parroting him when they used the term. I neither said it was a good thing nor a bad thing for him to be saying, nor even comes close.

I'll bite though, as that's what you want: I don't think anything Trump has said, with regard to the attempted coup, is anywhere near as serious and contemptible as the attempted coup itself.

You were all so eager to accuse Trump of treason for a minor misarticulation, but yet look at how many of those around him, including members of his own administration (even officials from the FBI and CIA - emboldened by the mainstream media who have given them all a platform) have behaved. Their objective is clear and that is to undermine the president in the hopes of ousting him from office. How is this not met with the same level of disdain? It absolutely should be and don't make me laugh by suggesting that these people genuinely believe that they are leaking something for the greater good.

If these people don't like that Trump is their president, then they should have waited until 2020 and voted accordingly. That applies to all concerned: from the DNC who tried to steal the election by smearing Trump in the media, to certain sections of Obama's DOJ who helped the DNC with their smear campaign, hoping the electorate would be so swayed. Thankfully they were not, or at least not to the degree that he lost.

The sooner Trump fumigates the west wing of Obama's influence the better. Not just White House staff but the DOJ and Intelligence communities too. Vermin running to the media with leaks every chance they get a sniff of something they know the leftist media can run with. Comey one of the biggest rats of them all of course, and he was a good catch, but there are undoubtedly others even more sneaky and treacherous than him, if that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Impeachment is not a coup. It's a fairly standard process used as recently as 20 years ago. That particular president just got on with things instead of unhinged rants about coups and treason but I think Presidents were made of sterner stuff back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

I don't see him getting deplatformed - Twitter hasn't so much as chortled.

I definitely said trying.

Kamala Harris asks Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to consider suspending Trump’s account

She included Trump’s tweet calling the impeachment inquiry a “COUP.”
    Asked if he had requested President Xi of China to do so, Trump said, “I haven’t, but clearly it’s something we should start thinking about.”

come on... :pac:

I definitely said trying.

Kamala Harris asks Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to consider suspending Trump’s account

She included Trump’s tweet calling the impeachment inquiry a “COUP.”

come on... :pac:

As pointed out by many she used her own letterhead. Her request wasn’t a senate action

As pointed out by many she used her own letterhead. Her request wasn’t a senate action

It was stupid anyway.

The best witness against Trump is Trump.

What he did today with asking China and Ukraine to investigate Biden, for example, completely undercuts his earlier claims which in turn undercut his earlier claims and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Karma for Maxine.

Six months after encouraging people to harass any members of the Trump administration that they see in public, she's now whinging that she needs security to the grocery store :p

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1179790245052796928

• Advertisement

Is she getting impeached too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I don't read the NY Times bro

I base my opinions on Trump on the reams of sh!te that come out of his mouth and his twitter feed which can easily be checked to see whether they're true or not icon14.png

12,000 plus and counting at this stage
    Seems you don't base your opinions on things that really matter, like the state of the economy and unemployment numbers, either.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I hope they impeach Huner Biden for that.
    Can’t impeach Hunter Biden, but it can expose the corruption of Joe Biden and exonerate Trump from wrongdoing for merely doing his job and attempting to get to the bottom of some corrupt US officials actions.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

What was I thinking? Of course Joe Biden’s actions in getting Ukraine prosecutor Shokin fired had nothing to do with his son. Why would he care if his son went to jail, right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

notobtuse wrote: »
    Apparently you live by the broken clock.

I can’t be sure but I believe the special has something to do with the reporting of award-winning investigative reporter John Solomon, who has now become the target of a brutal smear campaign by Democrats and their scribes in the mainstream media over the uncovering of evidence of DNC corruption in Ukraine.

Solomon has worked for The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, and the Associated Press, and has gone after corruption of both Republicans and Democrats. His recent investigations have show former Vice President Joe Biden used unethical practices to help his son. He also uncovered corruption during the Obama administration, involving key Democratic players like Hillary Clinton and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, as the DNC used Ukraine to launch the Russia collusion probe in an effort to take down President Donald Trump.

I suggest you don’t watch it… wouldn’t want you to venture outside your comfort zone of MSNBC, The New York Times, Washington Post and CNN… you know... the Orange Man Bad crowd.

Solomon also writes for The Hill which is a mainstream outlet. His findings are very worrying for the Dems and it is partly on reading his work that makes me wonder whether this is a disguised hit-job on Biden from within.

What was I thinking? Of course Joe Biden’s actions in getting Ukraine prosecutor Shokin fired had nothing to do with his son. Why would he care if his son went to jail, right?

Shokin wasn't investigating. Had Biden wanted to protect his son, he would have gone against the Republicans and insist that he stay.

Impeachment is not a coup. It's a fairly standard process used as recently as 20 years ago. That particular president just got on with things instead of unhinged rants about coups and treason but I think Presidents were made of sterner stuff back then.

Impeachment is absolutely a coup if it is being engineered. Which it is in this case.

Can’t impeach Hunter Biden, but it can expose the corruption of Joe Biden and exonerate Trump from wrongdoing for merely doing his job and attempting to get to the bottom of some corrupt US officials actions.

The economy is heading for a stall though?

"U.S. GDP growth will slow to 2.1% in 2019 from 3% in 2018. It will be 2% in 2020 and 1.8% in 2021. "

"The unemployment rate will average 3.6% in 2019. It will increase slightly to 3.7% in 2020 and 3.8% in 2021. That's lower than the Fed's 6.7% target. But former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen noted a lot of workers are part-time and would prefer full-time work. Also, most job growth is in low-paying retail and food service industries. Some people have been out of work for so long that they'll never be able to return to the high-paying jobs they used to have. Structural unemployment has increased."

"Inflation will average 1.5% in 2019. It will rise to 1.9% in 2020 and 2.0% in 2021. The core inflation rate strips out those volatile gas and food prices. The Fed prefers to use that rate when setting monetary policy. The core inflation rate will average 1.8% in 2019, 1.9% in 2020, and 2.0% in 2021. The core rate is slightly below the Fed's 2% target inflation rate. That may push the Fed room to lower interest rates. The U.S. inflation rate history and forecast provides a good basis for predicting the coming years’ inflation levels."

"U.S. manufacturing is forecast to increase faster than the general economy. The MAPI Foundation says increased capital growth and higher exports will boost manufacturing. It predicts production will grow by 3.9% in 2019. It will slow slightly to 2.4% in 2020 and 1.9%in 2021."

https://www.thebalance.com/us-economic-outlook-3305669

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Impeachment is absolutely a coup if it is being engineered. Which it is in this case.

In your opinion.

How is it being 'engineered?'

I couldn't find anything like that in definitions of coup. Where did you find that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

In your opinion.

How is it being 'engineered?'

It's gas..

He is literally on the TV asking other countries to interfere.

Don’t you find it ironic that the Ukrainian prosecutor Shokin accused Joe Biden, and by extension Barack Obama, of threats to withhold military aid and a quid pro quo, which exactly the impeachable offense that Democrats are accusing Donald Trump of?

What am I thinking… of course you don’t. Orange Man Bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Don’t you find it ironic that the Ukrainian prosecutor Shokin accused Joe Biden, and by extension Barack Obama, of threats to withhold military aid and a quid pro quo, which exactly the impeachable offense that Democrats are accusing Donald Trump of?

You know... 2 things can be bad... Right?

You were all so eager to accuse Trump of treason for a minor misarticulation
    Fun way to polish a turd I guess; pretty sure I saw a report this morning that the situation room discussed the favor ahead of the call.
    , but yet look at how many of those around him, including members of his own administration (even officials from the FBI and CIA - emboldened by the mainstream media who have given them all a platform) have behaved. Their objective is clear and that is to undermine the president in the hopes of ousting him from office. How is this not met with the same level of disdain? It absolutely should be and don't make me laugh by suggesting that these people genuinely believe that they are leaking something for the greater good.
    S'hold up, is there no room for federal officers to report illegal or dishonest activity? Why? You seem to have put the cart before the horse trying to dismiss 'the greater good' which is why there is a whistleblower protection act.
    If these people don't like that Trump is their president, then they should have waited until 2020 and voted accordingly. That applies to all concerned: from the DNC who tried to steal the election by smearing Trump in the media, to certain sections of Obama's DOJ who helped the DNC with their smear campaign, hoping the electorate would be so swayed. Thankfully they were not, or at least not to the degree that he lost.
    Again - crimes can't be reported, investigated, or are not impeachable? It must all wait until the ballot box where the GOP suppresses the vote?
    The sooner Trump fumigates the west wing of Obama's influence the better.
    Name ONE person in the West Wing that is an Obama holdout. ONE.

He's had 2.5+ years to pick his administration. He hires the best people. You're absurd here.
    Not just White House staff but the DOJ and Intelligence communities too. Vermin running to the media with leaks every chance they get a sniff of something they know the leftist media can run with. Comey one of the biggest rats of them all of course, and he was a good catch, but there are undoubtedly others even more sneaky and treacherous than him, if that's possible.

Love your dehumanizing language of people you don't like for REPORTING HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS

Wonder what 'people' like you will say if/when the whistleblower turns out to be some highly respected face on the right wing that Trump picked himself?

You mean that the GOP supported him on (https://www.portman.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/portman-durbin-shaheen-and-senate-ukraine-caucus-reaffirm-commitment-help) that the EU, and IMF, backed up? And State Department agreed upon?

Not exactly the same thing here at all.

Nevermind the pressure was TO investigate, to STOP freezing the investigations. How does that benefit Biden? To PRESSURE Ukraine with $1.5 Bn TO INVESTIGATE his son's company? Square that please

Wonder what 'people' like you will say if/when the whistleblower turns out to be some highly respected face on the right wing that Trump picked himself?

It'll be like that time John Bolton got described as a liberal.

What I don't understand here is why the objections to impeachment?

I have been reliably informed that impeachment will strengthen Trump. So why are people here complaining?

Do they simply not understand what they are saying?

President Nixon’s very own fmr. WH Counsel off the back of the China quid pro quo this morning called it ‘the act of a dictator’ and declared ‘Trump wants to end American sovereignty’

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/richard-nixons-wh-counsel-sends-urgent-message-trump-wants-to-end-american-sovereignty/

“URGENT: Trump wants to end America sovereignty by allowing foreign governments to help him win. It is against the law and 230 years of practice,” Dean Tweeted. “He wants American voters to choose elected leaders beholden to foreign powers, not Americans. The act of a dictator!,” he added.

“Do Trump and the GOP want Biden, Bernie and Elizabeth to call on all foreign countries to provide dirt on Trump and his kid? His new tactic with NO RULE OF LAW can’t be a one way activity. So, 2020 is an election with no rules? That what Trump wants! ABSURD!!,” Dean wrote.

Karma for Maxine.

Six months after encouraging people to harass any members of the Trump administration that they see in public, she's now whinging that she needs security to the grocery store :p

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1179790245052796928
    You can't fix stupid.

I couldn't find anything like that in definitions of coup. Where did you find that one?

Why would impeachment be mentioned in the definition of "coup"? Facetiousness wont make your points any more valid.

• Advertisement

Why would impeachment be mentioned in the definition of "coup"? Facetiousness wont make your points any more valid.

Well of course it wouldn’t:

A coup is defined as, “a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government”

Whereas an impeachment is a lawful, deliberative (ie. Slow, far from sudden), nonviolent exercise of elected power within one of three branches of the US government as enshrined in Article I of the US Constitution.

Got more straws?

Advertisement