Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Why would impeachment be mentioned in the definition of "coup"?

Exactly. They have nothing to do with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Wonder why the Biden campaign isn’t being more aggressive in fundraising off of the current Ukraine story?

I’ll give you three guesses.

Hints...
    Did Hillary fundraise on videos of her falling down?
    Didn’t his kid already take all the money?
    How to you explain #QuidProJoe in a campaign mailer without raising a lot of eyebrows?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Overheal wrote: »
    In your opinion.

How is it being 'engineered?'

We are all only giving our opinions here. Even the "NPCs" among us. It is being engineered by the Democrats and being led by Adam Schiff who, whether via his own aides or himself, worked with the "whistleblower" prior to the information being made public. It is clearly engineered. In my opinion. And i didnt need to bore everyone with a bunch of prose either :)

You have to love Adam Schiff. When it was mooted that an actual whistleblower, Julian Assange, would be willing to meet him his response was "only when in US custody and not before". Yet here he is providing a "whistleblower" who works for the CIA with some handholding prior to getting his/her information out. Some whistleblowers are more equal than others to our Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The real reason for this whole charade is because the dems (along with and the corrupt remnants of the Obama administration) know what's coming and they want to do whatever they can to cut it off at the pass. Or at the very least, undermine it.

When news broke last week that Barr and Durham were in Rome recently to hear a taped deposition of one Joesph Mifsud, there were calls for Barr's resignation. Which was of course just a laughable Hail mary attempt at discrediting him and his investigation into the origins of the Russia-Trump Collusion hoax.

Couple of clips which explain Joseph Mifsud's role in all this:

Democrats and their allies have pearl clutched for over three years about election meddling and yet here they are now doing everything in their power to stop Trump and the current Attorney General from investigating that very thing. Why? They were fine when Mueller was investigating possible corruption, and election meddling, so why not AG Barr and John Durham? Wouldn't happen to be because a certain orange man is not the one in these particular crosshairs now would it.

Well of course it wouldn’t:

A coup is defined as, “a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government”

Whereas an impeachment is a lawful, deliberative (ie. Slow, far from sudden), nonviolent exercise of elected power within one of three branches of the US government as enshrined in Article I of the US Constitution.

Got more straws?

Straws? I was responding to your friend's idiotic post:

I couldn't find anything like that in definitions of coup. Where did you find that one?

• Advertisement

Exactly. They have nothing to do with each other.

Well, that's stupid. I can now see why you believe CNN and MSNBC's talking points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We are all only giving our opinions here. Even the "NPCs" among us. It is being engineered by the Democrats and being led by Adam Schiff who, whether via his own aides or himself, worked with the "whistleblower" prior to the information being made public. It is clearly engineered. In my opinion. And i didnt need to bore everyone with a bunch of prose either :)

You have to love Adam Schiff. When it was mooted that an actual whistleblower, Julian Assange, would be willing to meet him his response was "only when in US custody and not before". Yet here he is providing a "whistleblower" who works for the CIA with some handholding prior to getting his/her information out. Some whistleblowers are more equal than others to our Adam.

It’s your assertion that because the whistleblower contacted the House intelligence committee that this is somehow ‘engineered?’

Are you aware that a congressional intelligence committee is among the shortlist of places federal employees are *trained* to go when they want to initiate a whistleblower complaint? If not I can prose it out for you...

Well, that's stupid. I can now see why you believe CNN and MSNBC's talking points :pac:

Because he knows what words mean?

Going by that definition of "engineered", every impeachment was engineered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

DrumSteve wrote: »
    It's gas..

He is literally on the TV asking other countries to interfere.

Watch his defenders ignore the blatant and obvious corruption trump in engaged in. He's literally trying to normalise asking foreign governments to investigate a political rival for personal gain

• Advertisement

Straws? I was responding to your friend's idiotic post:

But you incorrectly said impeachment was a coup. We explained why you were being idiotic.

It’s your assertion that because the whistleblower contacted the House intelligence committee that this is somehow ‘engineered?’

Nope, it's not my assertion. How Cathy Newman-esque of you.

Nope, it's not my assertion. How Cathy Newman-esque of you.

So then why are you saying it was engineered?

Stupid would be thinking that impeachment is a coup. I'm not sure what you mean with CNN and MSNBC but I have seen their names trotted out whenever certain posters fail to back up their argument.

The CIA's primary mission is to collect, evaluate, and disseminate foreign intelligence to the president and senior US government policymakers so they can make informed national security decisions. And why was a CIA officer detailed INTO the White House? Seems the Deep State had their greasy hands in this. More the reason to know who this whistleblower is and what they were doing there.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Impeachment is procedure, a coup is a bypassing of procedure.

The real reason for this whole charade is
    high crimes and misdemeanors

Because he knows what words mean?

He looked up the definition of "coup" to see if it mentioned impeachment and you think he knows what words mean :pac:

Christ lads, you have both been reduced to this already. Didnt think it would take this long. Then again, you do have nothing.

notobtuse wrote: »
    The CIA's primary mission is to collect, evaluate, and disseminate foreign intelligence to the president and senior US government policymakers so they can make informed national security decisions. And why was a CIA officer detailed INTO the White House? Seems the Deep State had their greasy hands in this. More the reason to know who this whistleblower is and what they were doing there.

You ask why the CIA Officer was detailed into the White House (an analyst) then immediately reach into your hat and declare (without knowing, because you just asked) that it was the deep state and greasy hands bla bla Soros!

Come off it.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Is there a term for the abuse of procedures?

• Advertisement

Stupid would be thinking that impeachment is a coup. I'm not sure what you mean with CNN and MSNBC but I have seen their names trotted out whenever certain posters fail to back up their argument.

I dont think that impeachment is a coup. Again, are you feeling ok? This is basic enough.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Is there a term for the abuse of procedures?

Which abuse?

I dont think that impeachment is a coup. Again, are you feeling ok? This is basic enough.

Then why are you calling this impeachment a coup?

cnocbui wrote: »

And if your grounds for impeachment are baseless and invented to engineer impeachment, then it absolutely is a coup.

And if your grounds for impeachment are baseless and invented to engineer impeachment, then it absolutely is a coup.

Nope. You're being moronic.

I dont think that impeachment is a coup.
    Impeachment is absolutely a coup if it is being engineered.

:rolleyes:

At this point I wonder if you're just trying to spam the thread with your vapidness so others will not read through the substantial events that have unfolded over the last few days.

Then why are you calling this impeachment a coup?

This impeachment. This one. You've spent the last number of posts trying to say i said an impeachment is a coup. I genuinely wonder at your comprehension skills.

This impeachment. This one. You've spent the last number of posts trying to say i said an impeachment is a coup.
    Impeachment is absolutely a coup if it is being engineered.

It is quite simple Overheal. Impeachment is a process and not, by its nature, a coup. However, if the impeachment process is being utilised in bad faith to engineer a change of president, then it can absolutely be called a coup. The disingenuousness of you two is unreal.

• Advertisement

At this point I wonder if you're just trying to spam the thread with your vapidness so others will not read through the substantial events that have unfolded over the last few days.

Says the man himself who turns into a disingenuous pedant when his opinions are being challenged.

Advertisement