Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

alastair wrote: »
    The investigation of Burisma activity was for the years before Biden’s son joined them. The motivation for firing the prosecutor was that he wasn’t actually prosecuting Burisma, amongst others suspected of corruption. He was corrupt himself.

Timeline above.
    It was an ongoing investigation. Chris Heinz (stepson of John Kerry who was the presidential democrat nominee at one time) dissolved his working relationship with Hunter Biden because of concerns about corruption in the Ukraine and appearances when Biden joined Burisma iin 2013.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

The investigation of Burisma activity was for the years before Biden’s son joined them. The motivation for firing the prosecutor was that he wasn’t actually prosecuting Burisma, amongst others suspected of corruption. He was corrupt himself.

Timeline above.

So Joe Biden got the prosecutor fired for not investigating the corrupt company his son was working for getting lots of money from?

That makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

noel1980 wrote: »
    So Joe Biden got the prosecutor fired for not investigating the corrupt company his son was working for getting lots of money from?

read the link I provided .... maybe it makes sense to you then , although I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rep. Hurd (R-TX) says the texts are “damning.” Hurd sits on the House Intel Committee.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/house-intel-republican-texts-between-u-s-diplomats-about-trump-are-damning/

He appears to be very much on board with this impeachment investigation

Sen. Sasse (R-NE):

“Hold up: Americans don’t look to Chinese commies for the truth,” Sasse said in a written statement to The World-Herald. “If the Biden kid broke laws by selling his name to Beijing, that’s a matter for American courts, not communist tyrants running torture camps.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/republican-senator-ben-sasse-condemns-trump-americans-dont-look-to-chinese-commies-for-the-truth/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

notobtuse wrote: »
    It was an ongoing investigation. Chris Heinz (stepson of John Kerry who was the presidential democrat nominee at one time) dissolved his working relationship with Hunter Biden because of concerns about corruption in the Ukraine and appearances when Biden joined Burisma iin 2013.

It was an ongoing investigation into owed taxes from the years before Biden joined. Nothing that had anything to do with Biden’s tenure.

• Advertisement

It was one of many investigations the prosecutor was sitting on. But it wouldn’t have impacted on Biden’s son anyway, as it related to owed taxes from earlier years.

Hilary Clinton with another hitter on twitter

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1180127236957052930?s=09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

It was an ongoing investigation into owed taxes from the years before Biden joined. Nothing that had anything to do with Biden’s tenure.

No way. Even if he was "corrupt" as you say, I think he [Biden] wanted rid of him for other reasons.

I doubt Biden cared much about the taxes. I even read that the replacement for Victor Shokin soon closed the case against Burisma.

So it seems like Biden got exactly what he asked for.

He dangled a billion dollars in front of them to fire the investigator who was going to investigate his son's company, and when he got what he wanted, they installed a puppet, to "wrap up" the investigation.

Were the taxes even paid? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

No way. Even if he was "corrupt" as you say, I think he [Biden] wanted rid of him for other reasons.

I doubt Biden cared much about the taxes. I even read that the replacement for Victor Shokin soon closed the case against Burisma.

He dangled a billion dollars in front of them to fire the investigator who was going to investigate his son's company, and when he got what he wanted, they installed a puppet, to "wrap up" the investigation.

Fortunately what you think is completely irrelevant in this situation

• Advertisement

No he didn’t.
    Okay, technically not. It was deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who worked for Comey, who testified that without the dossier, the original FISA warrant could not have been obtained by the FBI in October 2016. Comey signed off on the original application.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Water John wrote: »
    Relying on an affidavit of a corrupt Ukranian prosecutor who was fired, yeah great foundation.

Victim blaming? :pac:

Imagine the sentence read, "relying on the affidavit of an embittererd woman who was fired from company" and the accusation was rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The plot thickens...

It doesn't matter if the whistleblower turns out to be Hillary Clinton in person, what matters is the evidence which they based their complaint on.

And since the White House went ahead and released the most damning bit of that evidence, we no longer even need the whistleblower.

The least shocking news, ever. I wonder if he sought whistleblower status before Barr and Durham's report made him a target of a justice department investigation.

Based on what?
    I doubt Biden cared much about the taxes.

Based on what?
    I even read that the replacement for Victor Shokin soon closed the case against Burisma.

Which just reinforces that Shokin left it hanging open and stalled.

Biden did exactly what the GOP, State Dept, EU and IMF wanted him to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Overheal wrote: »
    Biden did exactly what the GOP, State Dept, EU and IMF wanted him to.

I'm sure lots of people(american public) would have been happy to have an investigation open into Biden if they had known what Trump had known.

I'm sure lots of people(american public) would have been happy to have an investigation open into Biden if they had known what Trump had known.

What did Trump know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

None of those tweets contain a link to any such story and the guy doesn't even have a check mark so god knows what kind of twitter feed you have that sends that kind of stuff your way.

Also, those tweets are from over 12 hours ago. No a big deal in itself but the Trump narrative has moved on from smearing the whistleblower. He is now at the "I have the right to do that thing I said I didn't do" stage of the story.

And most importantly, almost everything from the whistle-blower's report has been confirmed and even repeated by Trump on live TV so trying to smear the whistle-blower at this point is a bit pointless.

Overheal wrote: »
    What did Trump know?

Something about a physical server in Ukraine with emails on it and the secret airports of the american revolution.

The case was closed after the taxes were paid.

• Advertisement

Trump clearly knows nothing. He’s desperately hanging on to debunked conspiracy theories and half baked conjecture, and trying to bully anyone to come up with some dirt to support any of them. Success to date - none.

None of those tweets contain a link to any such story and the guy doesn't even have a check mark so god knows what kind of twitter feed you have that sends that kind of stuff your way.

Also, those tweets are from over 12 hours ago. No a big deal in itself but the Trump narrative has moved on from smearing the whistleblower. He is now at the "I have the right to do that thing I said I didn't do" stage of the story.

And most importantly, almost everything from the whistle-blower's report has been confirmed and even repeated by Trump on live TV so trying to smear the whistle-blower at this point is a bit pointless.
    But, but, but… I know a guy who knows a guy who heard from another guy who heard the same thing from someone with direct knowledge, maybe. That should be enough to start an official inquiry, right? Or is that standard only reserved for Democrats?

But seriously, Paul Sperry is a very credible journalist and if these allegations are proven it blows up the Democrats case against Trump and is further evidence that Adam Schiff is an deceitful immoral manipulator who is causing great harm to the US for political purposes. He should immediately be thrown out of his chairmanship and the Intelligence Committee and be censured.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Biden stuff is a distraction it’s disappointing to see so many posters here taking the bait. If there was anything to it the republicans would be falling over themselves to launch inquiries and investigations but they aren’t.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Biden stuff is a distraction it’s disappointing to see so many posters here taking the bait. If there was anything to it the republicans would be falling over themselves to launch inquiries and investigations but they aren’t.
    But two years of investigations and spending tens of millions of dollars investigating Trump based on a bogus dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton and the DNC with help from Russian operatives was warranted, right?

But, but, but… I know a guy who knows a guy who heard from another guy who heard the same thing from someone with direct knowledge, maybe. That should be enough to start an official inquiry, right? Or is that standard only reserved for Democrats?

But seriously, Paul Sperry is a very credible journalist and if these allegations are proven it blows up the Democrats case against Trump and is further evidence that Adam Schiff is an deceitful immoral manipulator who is causing great harm to the US for political purposes. He should immediately be thrown out of his chairmanship and the Intelligence Committee and be censured.

The whistle blower had direct knowledge and when Trump's version of transcript came out, it demonstrated that the whistleblower knew what he was talking about.

And do you really think deceitful people should lose their jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

But two years of investigations and spending tens of millions of dollars investigating Trump based on a bogus dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton and the DNC with help from Russian operatives was warranted, right?

I never said it was. The dems are trying to impeach trump. If Biden has committed crimes why isn’t the republican attorney general doing something about it, why isn’t the republican controlled senate launching an inquiry if it’s so serious?

I think you're mixing up a few different investigations there.

Breaking news from Microsoft about Iranian attempts to hack email accounts of 2020 election campaigns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/technology/wp/2019/10/04/iran-linked-group-tried-to-hack-u-s-2020-presidential-campaigns-microsoft-says/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

"When the only American citizen President Trump singles out for China’s investigation is his political opponent........."

Did another citizen brag publicly that when they were Vice President they had threatened to withhold $1Billion in foreign aid from a country until that country got rid of one of their prosecutors?

Nah, didn't think so, Mitt.

Advertisement