Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Overheal wrote: »
    Looks like the "crystal clear" "I think we should stop the back and forth by text" text authored by Sondland (who got his role by buying it for $1 million to Trump's inaugural fund) was vetted by Trump first

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1181569881533292544?s=20

What's the stock "/r/the_donald" response to this does anyone know? Interesting in hearing the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What's the stock "/r/the_donald" response to this does anyone know? Interesting in hearing the other side.

I'm sure you'll hear one of the usual suspects trot it out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ukraine’s President Again Confirms He Wasn’t Pressured by Trump

“I was never pressured and there were no conditions being imposed” to realize a summit with Trump or agree to arms sales in return.

<snip>

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2019/10/e50ba19247c7-breaking-news-ukraine-president-denies-being-pushed-by-trump-to-investigate-biden.html

<snip>

Schiff’s Staffer Traveled To Ukraine, Trip Was Paid For By Group Funded By Hunter Biden’s Old Firm

<snip>

As Breitbart notes, one of Schiff’s Congressional staffers, Thomas Eager, took a trip to Ukraine between August 24-31 with other Congressional staffers after the whistleblower complaint was filed. Rep. Adam Schiff approved his staffer’s travel as his signature on the travel request revealed.

<snip>

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2019/09/30/schiffs-staffer-traveled-to-ukraine-in-august-his-trip-was-paid-for-by-group-funded-by-hunter-bidens-former-company/

<snip>

So what are they waiting for? Take the vote. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did Schiff ever get those compromising naked photos of the president that he asked the Ukrainians to send him?

• Advertisement

Did Schiff ever get those compromising naked photos of the president that he asked the Ukrainians to send him?

I think he did. But he wore them out so he couldn’t actually use them against Trump :D

Interesting thought I heard today.

Bill Taylor is in it with Schiff. Interesting that he was the only one worried about this being a quid pro quo. And being vocal about it.

GUYS! IS THIS A QUID PRO QUO?! I CANT BELIEVE WE ARE DOING THIS!!

Also interesting that Schiff didn’t call him to testify first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll hear one of the usual suspects trot it out soon enough.

Usually I don't have to ask!

mad muffin wrote: »
    <snip>.
    How dare you confuse things with facts?

Schiff and Pelosi won't vote to impeach anytime soon. They want to drag the nonsense out as long as they can, with help from their media handmaidens, so Trump's polling numbers keep falling and he loses the election. They can't win by hook so they have to resort to crook.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    That is correct. Your point is? I said they were being held in secret which makes it that the public doesn't know what is going on. Democrats have decided to release only limited snippets of testimony, out of context, to advance their agenda. Republicans are requesting the full transcripts be released. What would you rather see… limited or full? The whole 'inquiry' has been a sham of justice up to this point.

My point is you said the Democrats were meeting behind closed doors and not telling anyone what's going on.
    If you meant the Democrats and Republicans are holding meetings and not letting the public know what's going on, fair enough.
    I don't see a problem. It's an inquiry. Do you think Joe the Plumber might have some questions or insight? The Democrats and Republicans not up to the task?
    What part is a sham? Interviewing those involved?

My point is you said the Democrats were meeting behind closed doors and not telling anyone what's going on.
    If you meant the Democrats and Republicans are holding meetings and not letting the public know what's going on, fair enough.
    I don't see a problem. It's an inquiry.
    What part is a sham? Interviewing those involved?
    I said they were meeting in secret, not behind closed doors. Yes, Republicans are there, but it seems all they're allowed to do is serve as onlookers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Fairness... we don't need no stinkin' fairness' -- Shiff For Brains

• Advertisement

How dare you confuse things with facts?

Schiff and Pelosi won't vote to impeach anytime soon. They want to drag the nonsense out as long as they can, with help from their media handmaidens, so Trump's polling numbers keep falling and he loses the election. They can't win by hook so they have to resort to crook.

Shhh… we don’t need facts. We have whistleblowers.

By the way. Thank you Mr. Whistleblower. At least he has been useful in one regard. We have his memo now.

“The following is a record of a conversation I had this afternoon with a White House official about the telephone call yesterday morning between President Trump and Ukrainian President Zelensky…
    The official described the (July 25th) call as ‘crazy’, ‘frightening’, and ‘completely lacking in substance related to national security’”

Notes on the transcript of the call…

It’s standard practise for

“…the White House situation room to produce a word-for-word transcript that memorializes the call.”

Ooooh what’s that last bit?

I said they were meeting in secret, not behind closed doors. Yes, Republicans are there, but it seems all they're allowed to do is serve as onlookers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Fairness... we don't need no stinkin' fairness' -- Shiff For Brains

Consider yourself corrected.
    You tried to pull your blarney and got called out on it. Now Republicans are allowed attend but not engage? Yeah I'm sure that's true as well. They do seem to be taking the whole impeachment thing lightly ;)

Consider yourself corrected.
    You tried to pull your blarney and got called out on it. Now Republicans are allowed attend but not engage? Yeah I'm sure that's true as well. They do seem to be taking the whole impeachment thing lightly ;)
    Called out on what? I never said Republicans weren't allowed to attend. Don't read anything more into what I say than what I say... Thank you very much. Quit pretending to be Shifty Shiff and making sh!t up.

Shhh… we don’t need facts. We have whistleblowers.

By the way. Thank you Mr. Whistleblower. At least he has been useful in one regard. We have his memo now.

“The following is a record of a conversation I had this afternoon with a White House official about the telephone call yesterday morning between President Trump and Ukrainian President Zelensky…
    The official described the (July 25th) call as ‘crazy’, ‘frightening’, and ‘completely lacking in substance related to national security’”

Notes on the transcript of the call…

It’s standard practise for

“…the White House situation room to produce a word-for-word transcript that memorializes the call.”

Ooooh what’s that last bit?
    But if you put the 12th word of the 6th paragraph together with 20th word of the 8th paragraph and the 2nd word of he 12th paragraph it spells out 'mid go slow'… that’s Trump’s codespeak for 'quid pro quo.' A guy I know who dated a girl whose brother heard if from a group of guys at Doyle's Bar in Boston (which is closing) said it was so.. IMPEACH!

Called out on what? I never said Republicans weren't allowed to attend. Don't read anything more into what I say than what I say... Thank you very much. Quit pretending to be Shifty Shiff and making sh!t up.
    Two interviews where held in secret and more interviews are coming up which will also be held in secret. Having the proceedings kept secret from the American public is Orwellian, and an abuse of power. Why don’t the Democrats want us to know what’s going on?

Why not, "Why don’t the Republicans want us to know what’s going on?"?
    Unintentional I'm sure *wink* but it read like the Democrats were acting alone and didn't want anyone else to know what was going on.

I'd say protecting the anonymity of the whistle blowers might play a role.

Spoiler alert: I had to google who 'shiff' was. It's like having a debate with Gonzo from the muppets.

But if you put the 12th word of the 6th paragraph together with 20th word of the 8th paragraph and the 2nd word of he 12th paragraph it spells out 'mid go slow'… that’s Trump’s codespeak for 'quid pro quo.' A guy I know who dated a girl whose brother heard if from a group of guys at Doyle's Bar in Boston (which is closing) said it was so.. IMPEACH!

YES! Yes of course. I forgot about Trumps Navaho code speak. or was that Mafia code speak? I forget.

Why not, "Why don’t the Republicans want us to know what’s going on?"?
    I have no clue what you're trying to say. Stop digging. The Republicans want to be able to question anyone who Shiff brings in and they want the full transcripts made available for the public to see. Now, repeat after me for clarity... The Republicans want to be able to question anyone who Shiff brings in and they want the full transcripts made available for the pu........

YES! Yes of course. I forgot about Trumps Navaho code speak. or was that Mafia code speak? I forget.
    Why are you bringing Elizabeth Warren into the conversation? :p

I have no clue what you're trying to say. Stop digging. The Republicans want to be able to question anyone who Shiff brings in and they want the full transcripts made available for the public to see. Now, repeat after me for clarity... The Republicans want to be able to question anyone who Shiff brings in and they want the full transcripts made available for the pu........

Well you should have said that. Not your spin dried crap about Democrat only secret meetings etc.

At least you are cool with Hunter Biden now that it seems Trump pals were using connections as leverage.

Well you should have said that. Not your spin dried crap about Democrat only secret meetings etc.
    Whatever...

• Advertisement

I'd say protecting the anonymity of the whistle blowers might play a role.
    You finally said something that make some sense in your edit. But there is a easy remedy for that... DON'T MENTION THE PERSON'S NAME. It's not brain surgery.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ukraine’s President Again Confirms He Wasn’t Pressured by Trump

Only a single paragraph plus a link can be provided for copyrighted articles - please ensure you follow these requirements

Not exactly understanding what is it that I did? You delete my words.

Is it okay to post reams and reams of the Washington Post? Which is behind a pay wall no less.

Whistleblower had 'professional' tie to 2020 Democratic candidate

Three sources said this.
    "The IG said [the whistleblower] worked or had some type of professional relationship with one of the Democratic candidates," said one person with knowledge of what was said.

"The IG said the whistleblower had a professional relationship with one of the 2020 candidates," said another person with knowledge of what was said.

"What [Atkinson] said was that the whistleblower self-disclosed that he was a registered Democrat and that he had a prior working relationship with a current 2020 Democratic presidential candidate," said a third person with knowledge of what was said.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/whistleblower-had-professional-tie-to-2020-democratic-candidate

Oh… okay.

No wonder Schiff won’t release the IG interview either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What about the 2nd whistle blower? Any loose talk about them yet?

Not that it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So Schiff says the anonymous whistleblower is receiving death threats. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So Schiff says the anonymous whistleblower is receiving death threats. :confused:

Yeah live on TV from Trump.

The letter the White House sent to a Pelosi and Co. is brilliant.

They quote back Nadlers words from the Clinton impeachment back to them. ;)
    “The effect of impeachment is to overturn the popular will of the voters. We must not overturn an election and remove a president from office…

Except to defend our system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat, and we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people.

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment supported by one of our major political parties and opposed by another…

Such an impeachment will produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come, and will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions.”

More from the letter
    “The Committees have ominously threatened -without any legal basis and before the committee even issued a subpoena - that…

Any failure to appear in response to a mere letter request for deposition shall constitute evidence of obstruction.

The suggestion that it would be somehow be problematic for anyone to raise long established Executive Branch confidently interests and privileges…

In response to a request for deposition is legally unfounded… The points amount to nothing more than strong-arm tactics designed to rush proceedings without any regard for due process and the rights of individuals of the Executive Branch.”

The letter in full.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PAC-Letter-10.08.2019.pdf?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The letter the White House sent to a Pelosi and Co. is brilliant.

"Gibberish" seems to be a common opinion among the law talking guys on Twitter.

• Advertisement

"Gibberish" seems to be a common opinion among the law talking guys on Twitter.

“Law”

Of course they’d say that. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what they say.

What matters is that Trump once again has taken the wind out of the a Democrats impeachment sail.

Advertisement