Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's based on Hearsay.

The hearsay ship has sailed. The notes from the call were released. Then he went on TV calling on China to do the same.

But, I'll humour you. Let's say that it was based on hearsay. Can you point to any legislation that says that an impeachment inquiry is illegal if it is based on hearsay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The impeachment inquiry was started before last night's debate. It started because there was good reason to believe that Trump asked a foreign leader for help in an election.

But it’s the Democrats fault trump is a criminal.
    Simple.

The hearsay ship has sailed. The notes from the call were released. Then he went on TV calling on China to do the same.

But, I'll humour you. Let's say that it was based on hearsay. Can you point to any legislation that says that an impeachment inquiry is illegal if it is based on hearsay?

And there are multiple whistle blowers.
    Not just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Reason being of course, it's the only place they can't control him and twist and lie about what he says.

WTF?

He shouts the exact same nonsense ad nausem at his rallies and in his "interviews".

It's not like he is more refined off twitter.

It's the same ranting and raving more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The impeachment inquiry was started before last night's debate. It started because there was good reason to believe that Trump asked a foreign leader for help in an election.

Or you could take it at face value and say Trump is just living up to his election promise. This is about draining the swamp, he doesn't need Ukraine's help to swing 2020, he just needs the dims to keep up their good work in helping him win.
    Dims are leaving the party in their droves. Who could honestly support the clown show were after seeing on the two debates.

• Advertisement

Or you could take it at face value and say Trump is just living up to his election promise. This is about draining the swamp, he doesn't need Ukraine's help to swing 2020, he just needs the dims to keep up their good work in helping him win.
    Dims are leaving the part in their droves. Who could honestly support the clown show were after seeing on the two debates.

I remember the #walkaway hashtag before the 2018 elections. Do you remember how that affected the makeup of the House of Representatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,291 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Or you could take it at face value and say Trump is just living up to his election promise. This is about draining the swamp, he doesn't need Ukraine's help to swing 2020, he just needs the dims to keep up their good work in helping him win. Dims are leaving the party in their droves. Who could honestly support the clown show were after seeing on the two debates.

He's draining the swamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He's accomplished loads, have to hand it to him for making the left look like a bunch of non-binary baby eating clowns.

Trump Administration Accomplishments
    Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
    More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
    We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
    Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
    Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
    New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
    Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
    African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
    Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
    Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
    Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
    Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
    Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
    Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
    Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
    The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
    95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
    Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
    Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
    As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
    Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
    Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
    Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
    Record number of regulations eliminated.
    Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
    Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
    My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
    Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
    We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
    Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
    Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
    We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
    Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
    Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
    United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
    Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
    Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
    Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
    NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
    Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
    Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
    Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
    Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
    Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
    Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
    Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
    Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
    Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
    Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
    Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
    Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
    Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
    We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

These are things he contributed to. Not necessarily good things.
    High employment while welcome could mean more part time workers and double jobbers on minimum wage.
    The Historic trade deal was a throwing weight around farce cost industry millions. All semantics. Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay. That's a positive?
    Possibly some of the more worrying ones that stand out:

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

Record number of regulations eliminated.

Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
    Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement. Would this be the cages?

Reads like a list of bad dreams.

This reads like a bratty child wrote it: We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

But thankfully...
    Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces. :)

Dims are leaving the party in their droves. Who could honestly support the clown show were after seeing on the two debates.

Draining the swamp?
    How many of his associates have been arrested?
    The Trump organisation was shut down.
    His family members are under investigation in New York?
    1 in ever 14 appointees has been a lobbyist.
    The staff turnover has been phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I see Trump is saying the impeachment is illegal.

In what way is it illegal?
    It’s technically not illegal (but some actions of Democrats in the impeachment process could be illegal), but it is unprecedented and an abuse of power. It sets the stage that every president going forward will be facing impeachment inquiries from day one for anything the House dreams up or makes up. And we can thank the Democrats going forward for making Congress even less effective at doing their primary jobs than they already are. What has the Democratic controlled House accomplished since Trump was elected? Putting the majority of their resources into making things up in their zeal to remove a duly elected president doesn’t count.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    It’s technically not illegal (but some actions of Democrats in the impeachment process could be illegal), but it is unprecedented and an abuse of power. It sets the stage that every president going forward will be facing impeachment inquiries from day one for anything the House dreams up or makes up. And we can thank the Democrats going forward for making Congress even less effective at doing their primary jobs than they already are. What has the Democratic controlled House accomplished since Trump was elected? Putting the majority of their resources into making things up in their zeal to remove a duly elected president doesn’t count.

The elected democratic legislature is the problem.
    Lies and antidemocratic. Very Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

duploelabs wrote: »
    Independent evidence, not a statement

You are the one who said it’s propaganda.

Is Biden getting impeached too?

Who’s getting impeached? Was there a vote taken we don’t know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

mad muffin wrote: »
    You are the one who said it’s propaganda.

Like I said, it was a list of unverified 'achievements' which were completely misleading.
    In other words they were propaganda.

propaganda

/prɒpəˈɡandə/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

I asked to verify said statements to prove that they weren't propaganda. It's ok, I'll wait..

Like I said, it was a list of unverified 'achievements' which were completely misleading.

propaganda

/prɒpəˈɡandə/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view.

I asked to verify said statements to prove that they weren't propaganda. It's ok, I'll wait..

You can wait. Like I said I’m not playing your stupid game.

I guess the call and Trump standing in front of reporters calling on China and Ukraine to look into the Biden’s corruption isn’t what the Dems want to hang their hat on.

So Pelosi isn’t calling a vote. Let’s see if we can find something. I’m thinking they won’t.

The spaghetti fauxpeachment continues.

Who’s getting impeached? Was there a vote taken we don’t know of?

I think that the chances of Trump being impeached in the house is very high at the moment. That's not to say that he will be removed by the senate but that's another matter.

I guess the call and Trump standing in front of reporters calling on China and Ukraine to look into the Biden’s corruption isn’t what the Dems want to hang their hat on.

So Pelosi isn’t calling a vote. Let’s see if we can find something. I’m thinking they won’t.

The spaghetti fauxpeachment continues.

The witnesses who were called recently would tell you exactly what they are focusing on.

You can wait. Like I said I’m not playing your stupid game.

Good to see you've weight behind your words and can stand up to a challenge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

propaganda

/prɒpəˈɡandə/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

You are correct. One glance at the stock market shows us that the Us economy is in tatters. We all know it

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You are correct. One uneducated glance at the stock market shows us that the Us economy is in tatters. We all know it

How's that deficit going? That's at record numbers isn't it?

U.S. retail sales fell for the first time in seven months in September.
    The report could raise fears that manufacturing-led weakness was spreading to the broader economy.
    The U.S. government said retail sales dropped 0.3% as households slashed spending on building materials, online purchases and especially automobiles.

Uh-oh!

Good to see you've weight behind your words and can stand up to a challenge

I can spend an hour curating an extensive rebuttal , just for use a one line retort refuting my efforts. I refuse to waist my time. I’m not going to change your mind. Whatever you think of Trump, you’ve made that clear.

U.S. retail sales fell for the first time in seven months in September.
    The report could raise fears that manufacturing-led weakness was spreading to the broader economy.
    The U.S. government said retail sales dropped 0.3% as households slashed spending on building materials, online purchases and especially automobiles.

Uh-oh!
    Yep, manufacturing is now in recession

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-09/despite-trump-vow-manufacturing-in-recession

I can spend an hour curating an extensive rebuttal , just for use a one line retort refuting my efforts. I refuse to waist my time. I’m not going to change your mind. Whatever you think of Trump, you’ve made that clear.

My opinion of trump is irrelevant. This isn't about us versus them. I asked for independent verification of your claims, something you've refused to do and therefore cannot stand by your post. So, in essence, you're all talk and no trousers. Speaking of the latter, waist is what is above your ar$e, waste is what your claims are

Yes the stock market is doing terribly. Thanks for not ignoring what I wrote and coming up with an unrelated statement. So rare on boards these days.

My opinion of trump is irrelevant. This isn't about us versus them. I asked for independent verification of your claims, something you've refused to do and therefore cannot stand by your post. So, in essence, you're all talk and no trousers. Speaking of the latter, waist is what is above your ar$e, waste is what your claims are

Another grammar Nazi.

Thanks for proving my point. I know the difference maybe autocorrect doesn’t . But it’s telling that, that is what you latch onto. Kudos to you.

Another grammar Nazi.

Thanks for proving my point. I know the difference maybe autocorrect doesn’t . But it’s telling that, that is what you latch on to. Kudos to you.

Everyone is a Nazi these days

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yes the stock market is doing terribly. Thanks for not ignoring what I wrote and coming up with an unrelated statement. So rare on boards these days.

Look what I quoted in my reply :)

• Advertisement

Look what I quoted in my reply :)

Yeah. Again thanks for that. Also I believe the deficit is about 1 trillion dollars while GDP is close to 20 trillion dollars. Up from 18 trillion last year. They will be ok. Don't you be worrying about them.

Advertisement