Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

duploelabs wrote: »
    Federal IT is outsourced constantly. Sure Accenture have an entire internal company dedicated to it

Sure, but the FBI/DHS were denied access beforehand. I find that strange, but I don't think there's some huge conspiracy behind it.

Just for reference, DHS statement on it

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/21/dnc-no-help-homeland-security-hacks-239800

And FBI under Comey

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/313555-comey-fbi-did-request-access-to-hacked-dnc-servers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

And people say WaPo is a credible news source.

51-D53254-8-D99-47-E5-A7-FE-43930-F739493.jpg

Just goes to show how they’ll more than happily print actual debunked and crazy news to smear the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,421 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

duploelabs wrote: »
    FTFY

Which is still a personal gain, going after a political opponent.

Any investigation of Biden should not have started in the executive branch in a million years. Obama was accused of ordering the IRS to put additional scrutiny on TEA party organizations and the right lost its ever loving mind - not without rationale.

mad muffin wrote: »

Just goes to show how they’ll more than happily print actual debunked and crazy news to smear the opposition.

They’re reporting what Clinton said?

They also report what Trump says. (And he talks up a lot of actual debunked and crazy things to smear the opposition)

It’s almost like newspapers like quoting household names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Overheal wrote: »
    Which is still a gain, going after a political opponent.

Any investigation of Biden should not have started in the executive branch in a million years. Obama was accused of ordering the IRS to put additional scrutiny on TEA party organizations and the right lost its ever loving mind - not without rationale.

They did target groups applying for tax exempt status, based on their names or politics. That happened. Lois Lerner was one of the main culprits, ultimately pleading the fifth.

This Woman was hounded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

What's false in WaPo's claim?

In impeachment news, Kasich has come out in favour. But he's not in any position to vote on it so it's a bit meaningless.

Francis Rooney, on the other hand seems to be moving in that direction. That in itself doesn't mean a lot but it's an important break from the talking points from the last couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1185208056667344897

peddlelies wrote: »
    They did target groups applying for tax exempt status, based on their names or politics. That happened. Lois Lerner was one of the main culprits, ultimately pleading the fifth.

This Woman was hounded

So you can see why people might think it’s an impeachable offense for the POTUS to orchestrate an investigation into a political opponent using their office.

Obama wasn’t directly running against any of those 501c3 groups but they sure as hell opposed him.

Had it been proved that Obama ordered the code red he should have had articles too. I hope outlaw Pete excuses my schiffism :rolleyes:

This thread is like a stupid merry-go-round.

Outlaw Pete posts an extensive rebuttal to the witch hunt and all you can rebuttal back is this pithy quip.

Besides Dems talking points. Can you actually site any high crimes and misdemeanours?

Let’s not forget the two treaties America has with Ukrainian and China.

Clinton/Biden Treaty With Ukraine REQUIRES Trump Ask For Investigative Assistance From The Ukraine

https://joeforamerica.com/breaking-clinton-biden-treaty-with-ukraine-requires-trump-ask-for-investigative-assistance-from-the-ukraine/

China, US Strengthen Anti-Corruption Cooperation

http://watchingamerica.com/WA/2015/10/13/china-us-strengthen-anti-corruption-cooperation/

Of course we have the full call, which shows there is nothing there. Not to forget that Zelenskiy himself stated many times there was nothing there. No quid pro quo. No pressure. No blackmail.

Of course we have the most vaunted Kurt Volker. Or are the Dems spinning him as a villain now?

Of course we have Hillary Clinton asking Ukraine to meddle in the 2016 election.

Let’s not forget that Bill Clinton actually asked fir a foreign government to meddle in elections.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/flashback-bill-clinton-asked-british-pm-tony-blair-for-help-during-political-season?%3Futm_source=twitter

Oh and what’s this?

John Kerry bragged about getting re-election support from foreign leaders in ‘private’ conversations
    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/09/flashback-john-kerry-bragged-about-getting-re-election-support-from-foreign-leaders-in-private-conversations-836890

What do you think the response would be if this was Trump? Would it have been this soft?

Watch this short clip from a couple of years ago and listen to the names and what happened.

Notice how Schiff isn’t even talking about the call being stored in a more secure “server” anymore.

I see where you're coming from but how does that change the fact that Trump was seeking help from a foreign government to help him electorally?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Where’s Rudy?

• Advertisement

Speaking of dirt on hunter Biden do you think Trump will call up Bibi and beg him to investigate Jared for the release of Patriot missiles?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kushners-ties-to-israeli-firms-at-issue-as-he-visits-region-on-peace-mission/2018/06/21/cc3a3438-730c-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

can someone tell me what an impeachment is? is it defined in american law?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

I see where you're coming from but how does that change the fact that Trump was seeking help from a foreign government to help him electorally?

Which might be an argument if Biden was the Democratic nominee. Biden won't even be running against Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Which might be an argument if Biden was the Democratic nominee. Biden won't even be running against Trump.

That's moot.

You are right though, it might not be Biden, may not be Trump running either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

can someone tell me what an impeachment is? is it defined in american law?
    It's a political indictment essentially as it's a statement of charges. If it goes to a vote there'll be articles of impeachment which will be whatever the dems deem to be Trump's most serious rule breeches. In this climate they are very likely to get it and I'd suggest that if he does get impeached, some in the Senate might then vote to convict at trial (no matter what they feel about his guilt) just to have him removed from office given his actions with respect to Syria. However, despite that, I still don't see them getting the required two thirds majority which is needed in order for him to be convicted and removed from office.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

It's a political indictment essentially as it's a statement of charges. If it goes to a vote there'll be articles of impeachment which will be whatever the dems deem to be Trump's most serious rule breeches. In this climate they are very likely to get it and I'd suggest that if he does get impeached, some in the Senate might then vote to convict at trial (no matter what they feel about his guilt) just to have him removed from office given his actions with respect to Syria. However, despite that, I still don't see them getting the required two thirds majority which is needed in order for him to be convicted and removed from office.

how long can the statement of charges last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Again this needs to be said
    https://twitter.com/EllenLWeintraub/status/1139309394968096768?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just shows how corrupt Hillary is and also how untouchable, Barr has enough there to take her to task, will he though. That woman should be in jail, unbelievably though she's possibly going to run again judging by her actions against her other dimocrats.

Just shows how corrupt Hillary is and also how untouchable, Barr has enough there to take her to task, will he though. That woman should be in jail, unbelievably though she's possibly going to run again judging by her actions against her other dimocrats.

I’m not a fan of Hillary but how many times has she been investigated now?
    Every time she has been cleared.

Why should she be in jail?
    Why shouldn’t Trump be in jail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You read that report yeah? even fox news wrote

"However, while there were instances of classified information being introduced into an unclassified system, the report said that by and large the individuals interviewed “did their best” to implement security policies. There was no “persuasive evidence” of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information, according to the report."

And as for running again, you do realise that she acknowledges how much you guys have a hard on for her and how triggered you get if she said that she'd run again? You realise that right??

Which, I'm sure anyone will admit, the schadenfreude is delicious as that 'making a joke to trigger the opposition' play is straight from page one of Trump's playbook.

So it really is great to see you guys fall for the same trick that your orange god uses so frequently and that you delight in him using

Ivanka used and uses a private a email server but thats OK, lock her up lock her up and other chants that are easy to follow

peteeeed wrote: »
    Ivanka used and uses a private a email server but thats OK, lock her up lock her up and other chants that are easy to follow

I think she’ll be locked up anyway.

Triggered by Hillary, lol, I considered her a wench long before Donald came along, she's the personification of corruption, we might not know the truth until people speak up when she's dead but it'll come out yet. She'd have Chelsea running only she makes Hunter look like Mary Poppins, I really hope Hillary runs, she won't though.

Could you answer please?

Triggered by Hillary.
    You certainly were

peteeeed wrote: »
    You certainly were

Triggered by the possibility of her running, not a hope, I really hope she does.

If you think Hillary is squeaky clean and a role model for female politicans your vote should be taken off you.

Triggered by the possibility of her running, not a hope, I really hope she does.

If you think Hillary is squeaky clean and a role model for female politicans your vote should be taken off you.

I don't think that, she not a good politician, not squeaky clean but also should not be going to jail or was ever going to jail but lock her up was a chant that red hats could follow
    Trump and his family the evidence is there for an impeachment if there was also evidence for an enquiry into hillary and bill was impeached

He's not going to be impeached, it won't happen. Barr has been gathering mountains of evidence on the dims, nobody has been charged yet but we'll hopefully see something shortly. https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019/9/26/20885615/mccook-summit-lyons-village-hall-fbi-raid-jeff-tobolski

• Advertisement

He's not going to be impeached, it won't happen. Barr has been gathering mountains of evidence on the dims, nobody has been charged yet but we'll hopefully see something shortly. https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019/9/26/20885615/mccook-summit-lyons-village-hall-fbi-raid-jeff-tobolski

That's dim

Advertisement