Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

duploelabs wrote: »
    Who is?
    William 'the bagpipe' Barr.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You've been watching too many Godfather movies.
    Overheal wrote: »
    you’ll forgive me if I think you have the faintest idea of what a mafia style shakedown looks like.

giphy.gif

Lads, when I said it read like a "classic mafia style shakedown" I was taking the piss out of Schiff ffs?! Are ye half asleep or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

I was referring to him being friends with earlier administrations. It's not his first rodeo.

And now he is Trumps Roy Cohn ... he did well for himself

weisses wrote: »
    And now he is Trumps Roy Cohn ... he did well for himself
    No, that would better describe Rudy's position.

Not an inquiry, it's a fishing expedition with a predetermined outcome.

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1188873561580232705

• Advertisement

Not an inquiry, it's a fishing expedition with a predetermined outcome.

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1188873561580232705

Jim Jordan, my pick to follow Trump if the Democrats continue to disappear up their own arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The Russia thing has fizzled out, and when this nonsense does as well theres loads of ammo for Trump to use next year.

#Trump2020

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The House will vote on Thursday to establish formal rules and procedures for the impeachment inquiry.

The House will vote on Thursday to establish formal rules and procedures for the impeachment inquiry.

How long is this attempted coup going to drag on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You do realise that the Republicans set the precident for this impeachment?

• Advertisement

How is it a coup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭francois

How is it a coup?

It obviously isn't. Just talking points cribbed from the usual alt right sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,432 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Scheduling for Thursday all but guarantees the full attendance of the House for the vote and debate, along with plenty of time for networks to prepare bumper to bumper coverage. I suspect the grand jury evidence will come up.

They expected to have this vote in the middle of November, originally. Safe bet that they’ve been able to corroborate a sequence of events from the initial inquiry - one that panel republicans have run out of objections to.

How is it a coup?

Because there is enough evidence for me to support that now.
    This began before he even got into the White house.
    The Russia thing was started from within the intelligence community.
    The definition of a coup.
    I can see no legitimacy in any of the other accusations that they have brought so far and which have all fallen flat.
    He is not one of their chosen people and they want him gone so they can continue with their savage war policies.

Scheduling for Thursday all but guarantees the full attendance of the House for the vote and debate, along with plenty of time for networks to prepare bumper to bumper coverage. I suspect the grand jury evidence will come up.

They expected to have this vote in the middle of November, originally. Safe bet that they’ve been able to corroborate a sequence of events from the initial inquiry - one that panel republicans have run out of objections to.

Yes, I'm sure they will turn it into another kangaroo spectacle.
    They can only make reference to the Grand jury evidence, as you know.

Because their is enough evidence for me to support that now.
    This began before he even got into the White house.
    The Russia thing was started from within the intelligence community.
    The definition of a coup.
    I can see no legitimacy in any of the other accusations that they have brought so far and which have all fallen flat.
    He is not one of their chosen people and they want him gone so they can continue with their savage war policies.

Trump bribing Ukraine occurred before he got into the white house?

The rest of what you posted was laughable. lol.

Trump bribing Ukraine occurred before he got into the white house?

The rest of what you posted was laughable. lol.

Trump didn't bribe Ukraine, baseless assertion.
    Laugh away I can't hear it I'm laughing so hard.
    I referenced the Russian comedy act not the Ukrainian one, keep up.

Trump didn't bribe Ukraine, baseless assertion.
    Laugh away I can't hear it I'm laughing so hard.
    I referenced the Russian comedy act not the Ukrainian one, keep up.

*Whispers*
    Except for the evidence, multiple witnesses and the transcript.
    That's what the impeachment inquiry is about.

francois wrote: »
    It obviously isn't.

It obviously is.

Anytime there is an nefarious and unethical attempt at removing someone from power, by those who who themselves want that power, then that is of course an attempted coup.

This is why James Comey (to name one) wrote his book A Higher Loyalty after getting fired as it was his attempt at excusing his unethical actions that were undertaken with the clear objective of ousting Trump from office.

We have Obama holdovers in the White House that have been unable to accept that Trump won and Hillary lost and they have gone out of their way and done very unethical things in a clear and concerted effort to oust the President from office. They even discussed wearing wires.

These are the ones we can speak of but there's more coming down the pike for sure and some very big names too. Time for the left to take their head out of the sand and realise that the Russia-Collusion lie was an attempted coup, as was the Obstruction of Justice lie and now we have this baloney which started off as accusations of Quid Pro Quos and now has moved on to accusations that Trump asked a foreign country to interfere in an election.

All of it is garbage and all of is for certain an attempted coup. There is no other goal here. From the moment Trump was elected democrats and the left have been talking about an impeachment and it hasn't mattered to them one bit what it is that he gets impeached for, how then can it not be called a coup when the reasoning is always disingenuous? Rhetorical question of course as clearly it can't as that is clearly what it has been and what it will continue to be. The left want him out of power, anyway, anyhow. The level 11 outrage all the time just betrays you all as if everything is 11, nothing is.

*Whispers*
    Except for the evidence, multiple witnesses and the transcript.
    That's what the impeachment inquiry is about.
    I recommend that you actually read the transcript.
    The coup attempt preceded any talk of Ukraine.

• Advertisement

I recommend that you actually read the transcript.
    The coup attempt preceded any talk of Ukraine.

I did, he's guilty.
    I recommend that you actually read Bill Taylor's opening statement.

If it were a coup, then Pelosi, Schiff and others would be guilty of crimes. They aren’t. The impeachment process is lawful. It’s constitutional. The power is bestowed to Congress; Congress makes its own rules about how Impeachment is used; Congress last reviewed those rules under Republican majority control of the House.

What’s the case here is Republicans are pissed they are getting pwned by their own rules; they’ve conspired to and have committed felonies in order to protest this fact, via a pizza and cellphones party at the SCIF. Outrageously, this limited the testimony of Laura Cooper to 3 hours.

If it were a coup, then Pelosi, Schiff and others would be guilty of crimes. They aren’t. The impeachment process is lawful. It’s constitutional. The power is bestowed to Congress; Congress makes its own rules about how Impeachment is used; Congress last reviewed those rules under Republican majority control of the House.

What’s the case here is Republicans are pissed they are getting pwned by their own rules; they’ve conspired to and have committed felonies in order to protest this fact, via a pizza and cellphones party at the SCIF. Outrageously, this limited the testimony of Laura Cooper to 3 hours.

Very good, proclaim them innocent when they haven't yet been accused. Right on.
    Blah blah blah.

I did, he's guilty.
    I recommend that you actually read Bill Taylor's opening statement.
    You must have missed what I posted earlier;
    "Still, Taylor conceded that there was no quid pro quo.

“Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelensky and Mr. Yermak and told them that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelensky did not ‘clear things up’ in public, we could be at a ‘stalemate.’ I understood ‘stalemate to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance,” Taylor testified."

Taylor was wrong in his assessment of 'stalemate'.

I'm now going to call you Judge Roy Bean.

Very good, proclaim them innocent when they haven't yet been accused. Right on.
    Blah blah blah.

It is innocent until proven guilty I thought? What more nobody has any clear allegation of what “coup” they’re engaged in...

You must have missed what I posted earlier;
    "Still, Taylor conceded that there was no quid pro quo.

“Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelensky and Mr. Yermak and told them that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelensky did not ‘clear things up’ in public, we could be at a ‘stalemate.’ I understood ‘stalemate to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance,” Taylor testified."

Taylor was wrong in his assessment of 'stalemate'.

I'm now going to call you Judge Roy Bean.

"The US ambassador to Ukraine has told impeachment investigators that military aid to the former Soviet state was made dependent upon a declaration of an investigation into the Bidens, and that the order came from Donald Trump, contradicting the president‘s claim that no “quid pro quo” deal was arranged."

Do you think people are not going to factcheck the lies?

"The US ambassador to Ukraine has told impeachment investigators that military aid to the former Soviet state was made dependent upon a declaration of an investigation into the Bidens, and that the order came from Donald Trump, contradicting the president‘s claim that no “quid pro quo” deal was arranged."

Do you think people are not going to factcheck the lies?

Jesus, you referenced Taylor, I posted a quote from Taylor and you quote an opinion.
    Way to go.
    You need to fact check yourself.

It is innocent until proven guilty I thought? What more nobody has any clear allegation of what “coup” they’re engaged in...
    Come on, please. What matrix were you in when I accused the intelligence community that you now are trying and failing, to morph into Pelosi and Schumer?

Come on, please. What matrix were you in when I accused the intelligence community that you now are trying and failing, to morph into Pelosi and Schumer?

Well you’re saying it’s a coup and I don’t see any FBI/CIA agents storming the rose garden so if you didn’t flippantly mean House Democrats then you’re peddling conspiracy theory.

• Advertisement

Well you’re saying it’s a coup and I don’t see any FBI/CIA agents storming the rose garden so if you didn’t flippantly mean House Democrats then you’re peddling conspiracy theory.

Just because the Democrats would be the beneficiaries doesn't mean they have to be directly involved in a coup.
    That is something only you have asserted anyway, not me.

Advertisement