Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just because the Democrats would be the beneficiaries doesn't mean they have to be directly involved in a coup.
    That is something only you have asserted anyway, not me.

So whose in the coup? Is this conversation secure?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

Overheal wrote: »
    So whose in the coup? Is this conversation secure?

Lol, well I think they are now part of a criminal investigation, so it won't be long until you get your answer.

Lol, well I think they are now part of a criminal investigation, so it won't be long until you get your answer.

Maybe!

I’ve asked this earlier in the thread broadly: if you found out Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue, would it matter if someone lied about it first? Like “omg he really DID do it” kinda way

Maybe!

I’ve asked this earlier in the thread broadly: if you found out Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue, would it matter if someone lied about it first? Like “omg he really DID do it” kinda way
    Well at least we now have a good idea of how the WaPo would frame the obituary of the guy on 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

NSC official to testify Trump undermined national security with Ukraine pressure
    Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who oversees Ukraine policy at the White House, is to appear before impeachment investigators Tuesday.

• Advertisement

NSC official to testify Trump undermined national security with Ukraine pressure
    Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who oversees Ukraine policy at the White House, is to appear before impeachment investigators Tuesday.

I see the spin cycle is winding up in the media.
    There are enough leakers for both sides in the NSC, should be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I see the spin cycle is winding up in the media.
    There are enough leakers for both sides in the NSC, should be entertaining.

There’s no spin here. It’s a member of the military doing what he thinks is right, testifying against the government while being a member of the military takes guts.

But hey it’s all part of the coup right? Never seen one of them happen through a court before

MadYaker wrote: »
    There’s no spin here. It’s a member of the military doing what he thinks is right, testifying against the government while being a member of the military takes guts.

But hey it’s all part of the coup right? Never seen one of them happen through a court before

There's no spin in the media?
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. It was not a partisan comment.
    He certainly can be described as a member of the military but he works in a spook division.
    As for it being part of a coup, it's another potshot in a long line of potshots which will probably also miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

There's no spin in the media?
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. It was a partisan comment.
    He certainly can be described as a member of the military but he works in a spook division.
    As for it being part of a coup, it's another potshot in a long line of potshots which will probably also miss.

So, basically, you can say whatever you want if you support Trump? Truth be damned, for example. "Trump jumped through fire to save a newborn baby in an orphanage this weekend and the MSM refused to cover it!!!" Do I have that right?

Igotadose wrote: »
    So, basically, you can say whatever you want if you support Trump? Truth be damned, for example. "Trump jumped through fire to save a newborn baby in an orphanage this weekend and the MSM refused to cover it!!!" Do I have that right?

I meant both sides are going to be spinning like an indesit.

I don't "just support Trump", I try to peer through the non stop propaganda.

Do you write for the Washington Post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I meant both sides are going to be spinning like an indesit.

I don't "just support Trump", I try to peer through the non stop propaganda.

Do you write for the Washington Post?

I'm trying to tell the difference between 'a partisan comment' and 'lie.'

Can you clarify? I think you meant, "The media will seize on this soldiers testimony and spin it the way they see fit." Is that correct?

Igotadose wrote: »
    I'm trying to tell the difference between 'a partisan comment' and 'lie.'

Can you clarify? I think you meant, "The media will seize on this soldiers testimony and spin it the way they see fit." Is that correct?

I had to edit my post, I meant non partisan.
    Describing him as a soldier does not accurately reflect his position.
    Of course they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He was one of the people who listened to the call and he reported his concerns to his superior at the time.

Has the inquiry subpoenaed the actual "transcript" of the call from the secure server?

Boggles wrote: »
    He was one of the people who listened to the call and he reported his concerns to his superior at the time.

Has the inquiry subpoenaed the actual "transcript" of the call from the secure server?

Does that mean he was the whistleblower?

Does that mean he was the whistleblower?

No.

He has been asked to testify and will tell the inquiry the truth or the facts surrounding his concerns at the time according to reports.

No.

He has been asked to testify and will tell the inquiry the truth or the facts surrounding his concerns at the time according to reports.

I'm not inclined to just take the word of someone that works for the NSA as truth.
    They are not as an agency known for that.

I'm not inclined to just take the word of someone that works for the NSA as truth.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's a good thing that the inquiry took closed door testimony. When you have multiple witnesses to the same events, especially when they don't know what each other testified, it becomes quite a lot easier to figure out who was lying and who was telling the truth.

It's a good thing that the inquiry took closed door testimony. When you have multiple witnesses to the same events, especially when they don't know what each other testified, it becomes quite a lot easier to figure out who was lying and who was telling the truth.

Good job that phone wasn't in a call box, they'd have run out of air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

It obviously is.

Anytime there is an nefarious and unethical attempt at removing someone from power, by those who who themselves want that power, then that is of course an attempted coup.

Ohh yes ... Because when trump gets removed the tooth fairy will come along and with a sprinkle of fairy dust will appoint a democrat :rolleyes:

Jesus, you referenced Taylor, I posted a quote from Taylor and you quote an opinion.
    Way to go.
    You need to fact check yourself.

Could you provide the sources of your quotes and or transcript of the Taylor hearing ?

The spin on the Lieutenant Colonel is he has an “affinity” for the Ukraine. Can’t make this stuff up. Late night Laura Ingraham on Fox ran a panel and suggested he was engaged in espionage even though it was this guys job evidently (?) to sit in on the call.

‘Up next: interpreter from closed door meeting between Trump and Putin reveals Trump sold nuclear secrets directly to Putin. Will America tolerate a filthy snitch as a presidential interpreter?’

It's quite telling that smearing people is Trump's go-to whenever there's a credible allegation against him. I soon expect that same mindless smearing to get repeated here.

weisses wrote: »
    Could you provide the sources of your quotes and or transcript of the Taylor hearing ?

"Dr. Hackenbush from Hackensack?"

"No, Dr. Hackensack from Hackenbush."

The spin on the Lieutenant Colonel is he has an “affinity” for the Ukraine. Can’t make this stuff up. Late night Laura Ingraham on Fox ran a panel and suggested he was engaged in espionage even though it was this guys job evidently (?) to sit in on the call.

‘Up next: interpreter from closed door meeting between Trump and Putin reveals Trump sold nuclear secrets directly to Putin. Will America tolerate a filthy snitch as a presidential interpreter?’

He's actually full blown Ukrainian.

Is that the worst smear that they could come up with? It's not great like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 thechewyone

Should Trump make Alberta part of the United States now? They want to separate from Corrupt Canada and if Donald sent a few hundred tanks and planes up near that border all pretty boy Trudeau would be sit there, crying and grovelling. Hopefully he acts quick with this, Wexit is happening and might be Trump's greatest win of them all!

"Dr. Hackenbush from Hackensack?"

"No, Dr. Hackensack from Hackenbush."

Ahh entering troll territory now it seems

I was actually interested where you got your info from ...

• Advertisement

He’s lived in the US since age 3 and is a well-decorated Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army, who has served for over 20 years and bled for this country.

Advertisement