Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resetting my gmail password

Options
  • 25-09-2019 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭

the g codes gmail send you to reset your password, how long are the codes valid? if it was send yesterday, can i use it today or will they have to send me another one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Not too sure usually 24 hours though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Not too sure usually 24 hours though

Not always, beat practice is somewhre between 2 and 5 minutes. You can always get another one when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

GarIT wrote: »
    Not always, beat practice is somewhre between 2 and 5 minutes. You can always get another one when you need it.

i dont want to enter it if it means i get locked out of it for putting the code in too late.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i dont want to enter it if it means i get locked out of it for putting the code in too late.

You won't

i will have to get the person who set up the gmail account to send me another code, there is no way i can enter the code now without trying to reset the password again? its awkward as its another person who set up the gmail account through their own email.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i will have to get the person who set up the gmail account to send me another code, there is no way i can enter the code now without trying to reset the password again? its awkward as its another person who set up the gmail account through their own email.

I'm not sure, that's strictly not allowed so it makes sense they don't accommodate that. You could just keep them on the phone while you are doing it or the code you have might still work.

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm not sure, that's strictly not allowed so it makes sense they don't accommodate that. You could just keep them on the phone while you are doing it or the code you have might still work.

how do i get to the part where i enter the code now?

Advertisement