Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror video games

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I'd recommend harvester. One of my faves.

I got about 70% through Evil Within 1 and dropped it.

Started SOMA recently but a glitch early on prevented me from progressing and put me off it for a while. Someone claiming to be one of the VAs in the game tuned in to me streaming trying to help but also mentioned some massive spoilers :(

Harvester, theres a game i havent thought about in ages :D i really must play that again soon, peak FMV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haha, yup, its the Fan Made Enhanced Edition I have on my PC. Set it all up a few months back but never played it.
    I heard the PS3 remasters are horrendous years back so never went near them.

With those recommendations I'll start it tonight, light the fire, low lighting, perfect lads, thanks!

Kind of jealous you get to play it for the first time. Just don't expect to come out of it a happier person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Haha, yup, its the Fan Made Enhanced Edition I have on my PC. Set it all up a few months back but never played it.
    I heard the PS3 remasters are horrendous years back so never went near them.

With those recommendations I'll start it tonight, light the fire, low lighting, perfect lads, thanks!

They removed the fog in the remasters which ruined the whole atmosphere.
    Can never go wrong with SH, especially 2, its a masterpiece. PS2 was the golden age of horror games, so many gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hope you aren't planning to play the HD remaster which is an absolute disaster and instead are going to play the fan patched original PC release?

If it's the HD remaster, don't bother. They ruined the game.

I hope you do get a chance to play it. It's an incredible game. It's narratively way ahead of any other game I can think of. People talk about the last of us as being some kind of high bar of videogame narrative. It isn't, Silent Hill 2 is.

Replayed it recently with the wife watching ( me letting her pretend she is helping with puzzles) she was amazed its nearly 20 years old, absolutely astounded by the plot/ atmosphere and characters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Resident Evil 7 played in PSVR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Currently playing Dead Space for the first time and absolutely loving it. Very atmospheric and I HATE walking into a room where the power is out or the lights are shorting out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Darkwood is a pretty sinister game. Played it on the Switch, doesn't hold your hand but worth persevering with.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

theres an indie game called then and us on steam its early access but has come a long way since i bought it,fixed camera angles very reminiscent of resi 1 would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

McFly85 wrote: »
    Currently playing Dead Space for the first time and absolutely loving it. Very atmospheric and I HATE walking into a room where the power is out or the lights are shorting out :D

tried playing that a few days ago but the controls just feel awful. The atmosphere was great though. Gave up after an hour.

Just finished Little nightmares.
    I suppose most of the people here have played it, but if not I'd highly recommend it. Its short enough but a great little game really looking forward to number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Got spooked by Tales of Tales' The Path years ago. Bit of a brain-melt of a game but can be pretty engaging if you're in the right mood. It's a spin on Little Red Riding Hood except it's not but it completely is. Absolute gem of a soundtrack as well. Think it'll run you 10ish on Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May give Project Zero 2 another try. Started last year but got distracted by something shinier so never went back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What about Luigi’s Mansion??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I sold my ps4 last weekend to make way for the 5 so dug the 3 out of the attic. Found some gems installed on it but none more so than Dead space 2.

Started it last night and was still at it at 2 in the morning. Just brilliant, there is a big set piece near the start that could stand beside Uncharted, plays great and looks pretty good too.

Just the thing to keep me entertained until the 5 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ended up playing Resident Evil 0
    I was actually surprised it's an 18 year old game, it felt like a modern homage to the older style games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have no idea if its any good but I just bought Observation on PS4. Down to €9.99, you play as the OS on a space station that suffers a disaster. Seems to be a solve the puzzle style outing, reviews being largely positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

phasmophobia, brilliant.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement