Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue re-activating pension contributions.

• 25-09-2019 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For a number of years (12) I have not paid into my pension but now want to restart contributions.

The Pension Company have advised me that because I have a Personal Pension they cannot accept payments direct from my employer. Previously this was not the case.

I therefore will have to get the pension deducted from my salary, transfer it to myself and then move it on to the Pension Company.

Just seems strange that this extra step is required.

My questions are,

Is the information I'm being told correct ?

Is my resolution acceptable from Revenues perspective?

WH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Do you have a workplace pension you can join to benefit from employer contribuions?

could possibly transfer your personal plan in to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

No we don't have a workplace pension but I can start another with a different pension provider which will cater for employer payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

you should definitely join the employer option as you will benefit from their contributions and you should be able to transfer your policy accross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

You just set up a direct debit from your own bank account; there's no involvement from your employer. You get a RAC cert from your pension provider and send it to revenue. They adjust your tax credits so your employer will deduct less tax due to tax relief on pension contributions.

Advertisement